YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It seems to me that the P1k3 does better on fuel when hitting the trials and going back and forth between all shift modes than it does easy cruising. Running fence and checking cattle seems to use more fuel and I'm not lugging the motor either, it's really easy traveling. And riding down a gravel road at 25mph should be easy on the fuel too. I think @Smitty335 and I briefly discussed this on Mulberry Mountain, but haven't heard anyone else mention it. Just seems crazy that riding in 2wd, 4wd, high, low, and diff lock all day used less fuel than the easy cruising.

J

JTW

It seems to me that the P1k3 does better on fuel when hitting the trials and going back and forth between all shift modes than it does easy cruising. Running fence and checking cattle seems to use more fuel and I'm not lugging the motor either, it's really easy traveling. And riding down a gravel road at 25mph should be easy on the fuel too. I think @Smitty335 and I briefly discussed this on Mulberry Mountain, but haven't heard anyone else mention it. Just seems crazy that riding in 2wd, 4wd, high, low, and diff lock all day used less fuel than the easy cruising.
I don't think so... I think you're really just not traveling as many miles as you think.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I know me and @JACKAL pushed 120 miles one day. We were hauling ass good bit of the day.
BUT.. I think I could have made it on a 1 tank if I wanted to risk running it dry.
I did put 2.2 gallons in last hour of the ride and had 1 bar left at camp.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't think so... I think you're really just not traveling as many miles as you think.
The first day at Mulberry we hit over 20 miles of trails and it wasn't easy trails either, I barely used 1/4 tank. Easy cruising in the pasture or down the road...the same number of miles uses more fuel on my rig. It makes no sense to me at all.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The first day at Mulberry we hit over 20 miles of trails and it wasn't easy trails either, I barely used 1/4 tank. Easy cruising in the pasture or down the road...the same number of miles uses more fuel on my rig. It makes no sense to me at all.
IDK..
Did you feel up on a hill to get more gas in?
Weather affects it too. Hot vs Cool air.
Could be a number of things from long idles to an air pocket in your tank giving false fill up.

J

JTW

If you're sure of the equal mileage then yeah... that makes ZERO sense! Only other thing I could figure is you're at the bottom of the full bar and maybe fully full at Mulberry

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I'm glad yalls gas gauges work effectively. At one bar I still have about 4 gals left. At least it's not the other way around. My last bar has been flashing since Monday and I've driven it to work every day this week so far. I'll probably have a thread tomorrow called "ran out of gas on way to work" lmao.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I'm glad yalls gas gauges work effectively. At one bar I still have about 4 gals left. At least it's not the other way around. My last bar has been flashing since Monday and I've driven it to work every day this week so far. I'll probably have a thread tomorrow called "ran out of gas on way to work" lmao.
Mine is the same way. I can also get almost another full gallon in it after the pump clicks by pumping it slow. Takes 30 miles to come off of full.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Mine is that way to. While I was trying to close the loop on a route in Windrock and New River, I ended up turning around before I closed things off because of "bingo fuel" on the gauge. Put 4 gallons in the tank at the Windrock parking lot with one bar. Really pissed me off because I believe it was actually shorter for me to continue than to backtrack, but I was not 100% sure.

But now I have an excuse for another ride this month!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just went and filled her up (even though I'll be in Gulf Shores all weekend doing the fam getaway thing). Last bar has been flashing for 3 days straight riding to work. Took 4.3 gallons to top it off.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds like I may just have a jacked up fuel gauge issue. Other than @Smitty335 , I haven't heard anyone else mention this and that is why I asked the question. I was just surprised that we put in 55 miles of hard trails and I probably didn't use half a tank, but around the house running fence it seemed to drink the fuel. Thanks for the reply's, even though I never needed it, I'll still keep a couple cans of fuel on standby, just in case.

Reactions: sharp and Delton
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny that no one has mentioned until now. Mine done the same as @Delton at the take over. Only takes about 4 gallons to top it off after the light comes on. She didn't do that when she was new.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like I may just have a jacked up fuel gauge issue. Other than @Smitty335 , I haven't heard anyone else mention this and that is why I asked the question. I was just surprised that we put in 55 miles of hard trails and I probably didn't use half a tank, but around the house running fence it seemed to drink the fuel. Thanks for the reply's, even though I never needed it, I'll still keep a couple cans of fuel on standby, just in case.
Extra fuel is never a bad idea (unless you're in a Popo lmfao). Sorry if that offended anyone.

NOT!!!!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Funny that no one has mentioned until now. Mine done the same as @Delton at the take over. Only takes about 4 gallons to top it off after the light comes on. She didn't do that when she was new.
Wait a minute!! You guys have a light?? As in a low fuel light? Mine don't do that. The bottom bar turns red and flashes. Am I missing something?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!