YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You will burn more fuel just lolly gagging around than you will on a trail ride. It's all part of learning the machine,try not to analyze too deep.
I guess that's just the way it is with Pk1's, just doesn't make sense to me. Easy cruising in turf mode with minimal load on the drivetrain should get better results. But slow crawling in 4wd at higher rpm's and more load on the drivetrain is more efficient? Can't change it so I'll just accept it as it is.

Reactions: sharp
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually it took 5.07 gallons to fill up, but good guess.
On the bright side.....the majority seem to be inaccurate but they are all accurately inaccurate lmao. It's a small grievance but as I've said before, I'm sure glad it isn't the other way around.

Reactions: lee and sharp
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
QUESTION; I rode mine down to 1 bar on our last trip for about 10 miles light never flashed or turned colors. Is there a warning light for low fuel before it runs out?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
QUESTION; I rode mine down to 1 bar on our last trip for about 10 miles light never flashed or turned colors. Is there a warning light for low fuel before it runs out?
I believe the last bar turns red when at the critical point.
Refer to your manual for actual conditions though. I don't have it handy.

Reactions: 0860silverado
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could've sworn my last bar would flash but don't hold me to it. My foreman will turn red I know. Mine is close to one bar so maybe I'll find out today going to town to fill it up lol

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am almost positive it turns red. I believe with the key off, the final bar is red on the display. Why have it red if it doesn't mean anything.

Per service manual. pg23-14
"- The lowest segment should blink with the float at the bottom (EMPTY) position."

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine stays at one black bar for a couple hours then flashes red/blank for another couple hours before actually running out. Like others have stated, one black bar left means I can only put about 4 gallons in tank.

J

JTW

Why do want to know? You could have kept riding and informed us all.. take take take.

Reactions: Mudwing and Neohio
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine can flash for many many miles. Just means I have half tank left lol

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I would not want to run out of gas and cause harm to the FI system.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know it's already been mentioned but it does flash lol

Reactions: ofrcboy and JTW
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I know it's already been mentioned but it does flash lol
I am on my 4th tank and my gas gauge is inconsistent. Thought I could get a feel for miles but no. Last 2 tanks I ran down to 1 bar. Put shy of 4 gals once and little over 5 second time. I have also filled completely by pumping slow. What's weird is same type of riding and 24 mpg on 1 tank and 16 mpg on next. Maybe because it's not broke in yet?

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I am on my 4th tank and my gas gauge is inconsistent. Thought I could get a feel for miles but no. Last 2 tanks I ran down to 1 bar. Put shy of 4 gals once and little over 5 second time. I have also filled completely by pumping slow. What's weird is same type of riding and 24 mpg on 1 tank and 16 mpg on next. Maybe because it's not broke in yet?
Welcome to the pioneer gas gage!

Reactions: O2bsmitty
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
24mpg???? Heck, I ain't get HALF that. I do not go by the gauge for mpg, but pencil to paper. It is worse than the Rubicon on fuel.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
24mpg???? Heck, I ain't get HALF that. I do not go by the gauge for mpg, but pencil to paper. It is worse than the Rubicon on fuel.
Pencil to paper is what I've always done. Trucks, cars or anything. I like to keep an eye on those things (OCD I guess). Figure if You notice a difference it can tell ya if there's problems. Idk. Like I said OCD.

Reactions: BigOL3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!