P1000 Has anyone tried the 2" spacers

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Just put some on the front today. Bottomed out the shock a lot yesterday. Riding again tomorrow, so I should be able to report on the difference in ride quality.

Ride is a bit stiffer, but I rarely bottomed out the shocks on this trail ride. I didn't get a chance to do any high speed runs. Overall I am happy with the results.

3" Catvos arched arms + 2" spacer lift = 17" of clearance @ lower A arm bolt w/ stock tires. No binding in the CV joints at full droop and full turn.

Now I just have to find some 3" pipe to make spacers for the rear.

Reactions: pct
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Ride is a bit stiffer, but I rarely bottomed out the shocks on this trail ride. I didn't get a chance to do any high speed runs. Overall I am happy with the results.

3" Catvos arched arms + 2" spacer lift = 17" of clearance @ lower A arm bolt w/ stock tires. No binding in the CV joints at full droop and full turn.

Now I just have to find some 3" pipe to make spacers for the rear.
please let us know how that works out!!!

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
How are y'all compressing the springs to put the front spacers on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: strongbuilt
Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
How are y'all compressing the springs to put the front spacers on?

Using spring compressors like these

IMG 0061

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
ak how did the 3" spring spacers work in the rear? has anyone else tried this?
The rear spacers are working great! I made them 2" tall and the Pioneer sits level. I'll run straight stretches a little faster than I did without the spacers because the fronts don't bottom out any more. Still haven't found the tipping point, so I slow down a bit in the turns.

Rear spacer was made with 3" diameter .25" walled pipe, cut 2" tall.

Installed on top of the springs, just like the fronts.

Here is how the Pioneer sits.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
For anyone wanting to try this, I don't see any issues with a stock suspension. The shocks will limit how far your axles will droop, so you wouldn't see any extreme CV angles. With a lift already installed, you may have issues. My rear axles have been doing fine, but I have broken a few fronts with a CATVOS list and spacers. Just picked up my replacement axles and installing today. Adding steering stops to see if that solves the issue.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
AK I can't see your pics

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I put the 2 inch spacers on front only. Leveled it up quite nicely. That's why I didn't put the rear ones on. Gave them to a buddy he did same thing.

View attachment 11974

Did you install the spacers yourself? If so how did you compress the spring? I replaced the springs on my Big Red but had to take to some one with a spring compressor to get them on.

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have seen people use ratchet straps but watch your fingers

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
IMG 0364 I used these
Did you install the spacers yourself? If so how did you compress the spring? I replaced the springs on my Big Red but had to
Did you install the spacers yourself? If so how did you compress the spring? I replaced the springs on my Big Red but had to take to some one with a spring compressor to get them on.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's actually 1 inch thick but gives you a raise of 2 inches.

View attachment 11993
I did one side of mine today and am worried that the spring won't stay centered on the plastic dust tube on the top as nothing to keep it centered over the spring. Have you had any trouble with the spring moving?

Calvin

Calvin

Lifetime Member
Dec 20, 2015
Benton, La.
I did one side of mine today and am worried that the spring won't stay centered on the plastic dust tube on the top as nothing to keep it centered over the spring. Have you had any trouble with the spring moving?
I just put mine on the front! Are you talking about in the rear?

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Even if the tire is off the ground that spring will still be very tight. I don't think it will move

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even if the tire is off the ground that spring will still be very tight. I don't think it will move

Thanks I hope your correct. I will do the other side. Looks like it needs a metal offset washer to hold in place to me but time will tell.

Reactions: Ridem32
ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finished but still worried about the spring staying centered so I cleaned everything with solvent and put a bead of silicone around the spacer. I think this will hold spring in place.

R

rc4bama

Sep 23, 2018
Tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I installed my so called two inch spacer lift on the front today. I had both shocks off the front at the same time. One had the spacer installed one didnt and there was no difference in the hight between the two. Id say save your money and get a real lift if your wanting to raise one.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed my so called two inch spacer lift on the front today. I had both shocks off the front at the same time. One had the spacer installed one didnt and there was no difference in the hight between the two. Id say save your money and get a real lift if your wanting to raise one.

The overall length of the shock will not change with this modification but because you're compressing the spring more before you put the weight of the machine on it, you'll have a stiffer spring rate so your new ride height will be taller than without the spacer. The machine will also ride a bit rougher but be less likely to bottom out

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!