Calendar Hatfield Mccoy Trails [Jul 18, 2018] (Northfork, WV)

C

Chooglin

Back home safely and my azz is tired. We had a great time and can't wait to go back. It was great meeting @TimG and his wife (two great people ).

Had one bad incident, some drunk backed into the front of my truck with his atv and took out the grill and headlight. He would have left without saying anything , so I had to go ask him about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
@Chooglin it was great meeting you your wife daughter and son in law, we had a great time thanks for your hospitality. @Choogsbro thanks so much for leading us around it made it a lot more enjoyable not having to navigate ourselves. It was great to meet you your wife and Buckeye as well, everyone was fun to be around. My butt is dragging too. I had to replace my trailer wheel studs on the way home. Left side trailer lug nuts worked loose ruined the rim and I had to replace all that crap on the side of I64 on the way home in the rain. Luckily a good Samaritan stopped by went and got the wheel studs for me and robbed some lug nuts off of his own trailer for me.I tried my best to give the man and his wife a $100 dollar bill for helping me "only bill I had left in my wallet" they refused to take even a penny. A couple of super nice Montgomery Co. police officers sat behind me with their lights on for over an hour while all this transpired keeping me safer from passing traffic. I sure am glad there are still some very good people left in this world. Thanks again everybody !

C

Chooglin

@Chooglin it was great meeting you your wife daughter and son in law, we had a great time thanks for your hospitality. @Choogsbro thanks so much for leading us around it made it a lot more enjoyable not having to navigate ourselves. It was great to meet you your wife and Buckeye as well, everyone was fun to be around. My butt is dragging too. I had to replace my trailer wheel studs on the way home. Left side trailer lug nuts worked loose ruined the rim and I had to replace all that crap on the side of I64 on the way home in the rain. Luckily a good Samaritan stopped by went and got the wheel studs for me and robbed some lug nuts off of his own trailer for me.I tried my best to give the man and his wife a $100 dollar bill for helping me "only bill I had left in my wallet" they refused to take even a penny. A couple of super nice Montgomery Co. police officers sat behind me with their lights on for over an hour while all this transpired keeping me safer from passing traffic. I sure am glad there are still some very good people left in this world. Thanks again everybody !
Sorry to hear you had trouble but glad you made it home safely.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

wow sorry about your troubles. It was great meeting you and Sharon as well. Had a great time and you guys are our kind of people. gald to have met you. hopefully we get to ride again.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Looking forward to watching the footage. I wish we could have road with you more but I'm guessing you didn't want to hold us up again , should you have issues with your bike.
Yeah, I ended up trashing my other axle, did the same as the other side, and wound up with a tire that keeps going flat. Truth be told though we were ripping a lot faster than what I imagine you guys were cruising at so that was part of it to. I figured better not to do too much technical stuff and just rip around on more of the easier stuff, especially with the way my luck was running..lol.

I did go up 86 though. That's what did my other axle in! I'll upload that clip to here when I get a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper and Chooglin
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, I ended up trashing my other axle, did the same as the other side, and wound up with a tire that keeps going flat. Truth be told though we were ripping a lot faster than what I imagine you guys were cruising at so that was part of it to. I figured better not to do too much technical stuff and just rip around on more of the easier stuff, especially with the way my luck was running..lol.

I did go up 86 though. That's what did my other axle in! I'll upload that clip to here when I get a chance.
I bought a 17 foot Centre Console in Portland Maine and greased the both axles , drove to the 95 and they were still cool , so put the cruise on the FJ on 85 mph and drove her back to Nova Scotia. I love those EZ grease caps. Keep them filled. Hope you get everything back together ok. It just sucks it was on a great trip.
Caper

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Down an axle?
When I went to swap in the heat treated locker, I pulled the axle shaft out of the diff cup. didn't think much of it, just pushed it back together and thought I was good. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how these axles went together and didn't know until it was too late that there is a snap ring that holds the axle shaft into the diff cup. So I ended up at full flex poping the shaft back out of the cup and then it caused all kind of havoc to the shaft end and the diff cup. My own fault for not checking how these were assembled. Same thing happened to my other front axle going up a black trail later on...lol

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

@Chooglin correction: it wasn't 86 I went on that did the other axle in. Didn't get that far...lol. It was on black #80 that wasn't even that hard.

Reactions: Chooglin
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
When I went to swap in the heat treated locker, I pulled the axle shaft out of the diff cup. didn't think much of it, just pushed it back together and thought I was good. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how these axles went together and didn't know until it was too late that there is a snap ring that holds the axle shaft into the diff cup. So I ended up at full flex poping the shaft back out of the cup and then it caused all kind of havoc to the shaft end and the diff cup. My own fault for not checking how these were assembled. Same thing happened to my other front axle going up a black trail later on...lol
Holy crap. You seem to be taking it pretty good. I’d be a reck.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I bought a 17 foot Centre Console in Portland Maine and greased the both axles , drove to the 95 and they were still cool , so put the cruise on the FJ on 85 mph and drove her back to Nova Scotia. I love those EZ grease caps. Keep them filled. Hope you get everything back together ok. It just sucks it was on a great trip.
Caper
I thought you were talking trailers , not bikes. Sorry.
Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!