Hatfield McCoy trails

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Day 4, trailered to Bear Wallow system. Riding was pretty easy, not nearly as technical, but was a nice relaxing day.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Trailered to Buffalo Mtn and Devil Anse system. Was a nice ride, getting a little tired, but having a great time. C0b7cecae20bfea2d52b4a308ceed546

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Day three, pride check. Had to turn around, this thing can do a lot, but it's no rock crawler. Probably could have winched and stacked rocks, but this is a relaxing vacation with my wife, not a beat down run with the boys. I will meet you again trail 37, just you wait.

I know right where you were at. I scratched a rim on trail 37 climbing it.

Reactions: sharp
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
We are going to be there next Sunday
Awesome trail systems. We loved it. Love the pictures xltman shared. We went to some of the same places. ;) Thanks again xltman for sharing. Next trip were going to do the southern part of the trail systems. We rode most of the green and blue Buffalo Mountain, Devils Anse and Rockhouse. Don't be afraid of the Blue trails on the map. They were all very manageable but I did slip sideways on a climb on 37 and should have picked a little different line. Hatfield MCcoy system kicks arse.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Need helmet and sticker on it. Got checked even by the rangers that needed help removing flat. We had tools and they were impressed. They had a flat going to an accident. Here's a pic at a trailhead at Rockhouse of ambulance then a pic of Rangers we helped.
20170824 132622
20170824 141352

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
How far is it from where you stayed to devil anse/ Anderson hatfield grave?
Can help on this. A couple different ways and some road miles. Need to talk to locals. They helped us a bunch. We were about 7 miles from Delbarton in a awesome house.
20170823 135737

J

Junkymac

Nov 3, 2016
CLE, OH
Ownership

1. 700-4
My buddies and I have been going to Hatfield for the last 10yrs or so. Have pretty much hit all the systems. Hands down the best place to stay is Twin Hollow campground on the Rockhouse system. Campground is at the top of a mountain. Cabins are amazing with breathtaking views. Nice restaurant right at bottom of the hill. Trail system goes between the towns of Gilbert and Man. Towns are ATV friendly, plenty of places to eat, fuel and get parts. Taking the Pioneer the first time this year, last weekend of Oct. If you've never been to Hatfield, plan a trip! It never disappoints.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
May have to look into it next year down here in south we don't have a helmet or selt belt requirements so it be something new on that part

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wife and I made the trek from Florida this week to Gilbert, kinda old a last minute decision, but since we were going to the antique flea market in Hillsville, VA, might as well drive a couple more hours.

Managed to get a last minute room at ABB's Inn, great people and nice room and a fair price.

We hit the trails today, both Rock House and Devil Anse. Been raining the last couple of days so the trails are a little sloppy but great anyway. Weather was perfect today. Get a couple of hours of riding in tomorrow before we have to pack up and head home, long drive and have to be in Dallas later in the week.

Post some pics later.

Reactions: jawquin and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!