swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
My buddies and I have been going to Hatfield for the last 10yrs or so. Have pretty much hit all the systems. Hands down the best place to stay is Twin Hollow campground on the Rockhouse system. Campground is at the top of a mountain. Cabins are amazing with breathtaking views. Nice restaurant right at bottom of the hill. Trail system goes between the towns of Gilbert and Man. Towns are ATV friendly, plenty of places to eat, fuel and get parts. Taking the Pioneer the first time this year, last weekend of Oct. If you've never been to Hatfield, plan a trip! It never disappoints.
thanks for info we looked it up and will be going in spring.

Reactions: sharp
ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I visited Man and Gilbert yesterday without our Pioneer. Had time so we drove down to check it out. See the potential places to stay and what our options were. Saw the Rockhouse Lodge and we drove up to the Twin Hollow cabins. Twin Hollow looked fairly new and nice. But the mile long single lane hill to the cabins could be very tricky when pulling a trailer. Plus the rates are $125 per might, with a 3 night minimum.

Rockhouse lodge looks old. Was it fixed up nice inside? Clean? We plan to ride down there as soon as we get a few day warm up ...and we are undecided on where to stay. Rockhouse Lodge is currently listed at $80 per night with a 2 night minimum. We planned on a one or two night visit. We are just 2.5 hours away, so it's not a bad drive.

Wondering if you would stay a Rockhouse again if you went back xltman? Or do you (or razman) know of other good places to stay where you can drive your UTV from your location to the trails. TIA.

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
Rockhouse was excellent and the owner's son is head of trail operations, so if there's any issues he will be all over it. Rooms were nice and the town has good food places and a nice grocery store. I would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my phone while sitting with my feet up on night shift

Reactions: ZeroG and sharp
R

razman

Jul 12, 2017
Gilbert W.V.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I visited Man and Gilbert yesterday without our Pioneer. Had time so we drove down to check it out. See the potential places to stay and what our options were. Saw the Rockhouse Lodge and we drove up to the Twin Hollow cabins. Twin Hollow looked fairly new and nice. But the mile long single lane hill to the cabins could be very tricky when pulling a trailer. Plus the rates are $125 per might, with a 3 night minimum.

Rockhouse lodge looks old. Was it fixed up nice inside? Clean? We plan to ride down there as soon as we get a few day warm up ...and we are undecided on where to stay. Rockhouse Lodge is currently listed at $80 per night with a 2 night minimum. We planned on a one or two night visit. We are just 2.5 hours away, so it's not a bad drive.

Wondering if you would stay a Rockhouse again if you went back xltman? Or do you (or razman) know of other good places to stay where you can drive your UTV from your location to the trails. TIA.
Howdy, glad you are headed this way to ride, we actually rode today on Rockhouse. Trails are in good shape and we only saw 4 other machines out,, but that happens in Jan. As far as lodging, there are so many good choices here, do you want plush luxury, do you want budget, do you want easy town access for food, what size is your group? Vicker rentals in Gilbert is really nice, very comfortable, and not terribly expensive with a group. If there are only 2 people, Abbs Inn or Devil Anse lodges are nice for a couple of people and direct trail access same with Livingood lodges, or Miller cabins are also great choices... almost all of the lodging in southern wv had access to the trails. give a shout if you are looking to ride with anyone, we love to meet new folks and ride! We got the pioneer a little muddy today, but not as bad as i thought it would be! Thanks Mike

Reactions: ZeroG and Smitty335
ZeroG

ZeroG

Lifetime Member
Dec 11, 2017
SE Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds good. We are simply waiting for a few days when the weather breaks and we have nothing else on our calendar ....Just the wife and I and our Pioneer, no group this time. Will give you a shout when we are heading down there Mike. Thx again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!