Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The loss in vision thing is what's killing me. I used to tease the old guys with their cheaters, said it'll never happen to me, I have eyes like a hawk. Ten foot tall and bullet proof. :rolleyes:
Started having trouble reading blueprints, carried a flip open magnifier while I was in denial, now I have pairs of those damn cheaters
everywhere.
Getting old is hell but better than the alternative!

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
What happens is you can hear people talking but you can't understand them. The high pitch range gives the enunciation to the words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss_Oak

Miss_Oak

Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2016
California
Ownership

1. 500
What happens is you can hear people talking but you can't understand them. The high pitch range gives the enunciation to the words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains alot @CURTK thanks. :) Also I haven't had a hearing test in years so thanks @JTW for posting yours. I would've never even thought to look for one online. ....The multitude of things you have found on YouTube is incredible!! Hahahaha

J

JTW

lol.. I first saw this a several years ago and thought they were just BSing me.. I was in my late 20's, no way I had that much hearing loss. So I went and got my girlfriend and her daughter (who would later become my wife and daughter).. nope, they could hear it. And the little one could hear all the tones. That was one of those life moments when you realize you're getting older and you should have taken better care of yourself!!

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I do some retriever training. I purchased a new e-collar and was sitting on the bed looking at it. The new collar came with an "audio" alert. I kept pushing the button but nothing was happening. Until finally my wife says... "Will you stop doing that?"

Harleyman

Harleyman

Mar 14, 2017
Peoria, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sounds much easier than it is, my hearing is bad with constant ringing. My wife and I fight because she gets aggravated when she is constantly repeating herself, so I get hearing aids. Sounds like a no brainer, right?

I spent $4K on hearing aids and tried to use them but it's not easy. The ear doctor said it is hard to become accustomed to having them, and that's an understatement. The first thing you are amazed by is how loud it is when you go pee!

I never got used to the hearing aids and have quit using them. That's $4K sitting in the dresser drawer

Don't go into this with a "what the heck" attitude like I did, go into it knowing that it's not an easy fix and there are some discomfort with it and maybe you won't quit like I did
What Brand hearing aids are they? And yes it does matter. Ive been wearing HA's since 2008. I also suffer with tinnitus (the ringing). There is a brand out there that helps with that..

Reactions: Dp5hunter