Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just got this email response today from TWRA. thanks to everyone that responded to them, our voices were heard.
@Hondasxs

Update on OHV Rulemaking Process​

Emily A. Buck <[email protected]>​

1:01 PM (4 hours ago)
to Emily
Good afternoon,

We wanted to take a moment to provide you an update on the Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) rule making process because you submitted written comment on the Rule originally set for public hearing on December 9, 2023.

The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission (TFWC) will postpone the December 2023 vote on proposed changes to the OHV rules and fees for use on Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) until further notice. The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) publicly proposed changes to the current OHV license and permit rule during the October TFWC Commission.

During the public notice period, the agency received a high volume of public comments outlining concerns from local businesses, residents, and non-resident OHV enthusiasts. TWRA is committed to stakeholder engagement and has postponed the proposed rule pending review and evaluation of stakeholder comments and to provide for further data collection.

Per TCA 70-9-106 it is the intent of the Tennessee General Assembly that the off-highway vehicle program be self-funded. Large increases in OHV use on North Cumberland Wildlife Management Area have resulted in increased erosion, land degradation, and impacts to wildlife species. TWRA will need to follow-through on changes to fees and rules in coming months to generate revenue to better fund much-needed restoration work, trail management, and law enforcement. Revenue generated from fees will be directed specifically to OHV management.

Agency leadership is optimistic about developing an effective path forward for OHV use which will support local economic development and tourism without jeopardizing the integrity and sustainability of the natural resources the TWRA is mandated to protect and preserve. We will continue to engage stakeholders until an updated proposal is presented for a TFWC vote in 2024.

Respectfully,

Emily Buck
Director of Communication & Outreach
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency
5107 Edmondson Pike,
Nashville, TN 37211
www.tnwildlife.org
gooutdoorstennessee.com

TWRA Email 11 16 2023

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I thought this was closed for comment? I hope they make the whole area a 50 inch restriction. It will be hard to fit that Talon/RZR Boi ego in a 50 inch machine. There is one thing I've learned from you guys. It's how I need to act anytime I go anywhere from now on. I need to stand on top of car, beat my chest and tell all the people in that area how they need me and my money or they will dissappear lol. That original 40,000 acres that most of you guys ride was bought and paid for, 100% from hunters license and ammo tax in Tennessee. TWRA gets zero dollars from the state of Tennessee, only from license and permits, unless things have changed in the last decade. They do get some federal grants now for you Yankees. I've got my 40k machine, my 100k truck, my 80k camper but but i cant pay $300-900 to absolutely destroy the mountains with my badass machine and s***ty attitude. You guys make me sick. TOO GOOD FOR TOO LONG!

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I thought this was closed for comment? I hope they make the whole area a 50 inch restriction. It will be hard to fit that Talon/RZR Boi ego in a 50 inch machine. There is one thing I've learned from you guys. It's how I need to act anytime I go anywhere from now on. I need to stand on top of car, beat my chest and tell all the people in that area how they need me and my money or they will dissappear lol. That original 40,000 acres that most of you guys ride was bought and paid for, 100% from hunters license and ammo tax in Tennessee. TWRA gets zero dollars from the state of Tennessee, only from license and permits, unless things have changed in the last decade. They do get some federal grants now for you Yankees. I've got my 40k machine, my 100k truck, my 80k camper but but i cant pay $300-900 to absolutely destroy the mountains with my badass machine and s***ty attitude. You guys make me sick. TOO GOOD FOR TOO LONG!
🤔.....what about us broke southerners with a $14K Jalopy SXS and a clapped out tow rig staying at the Comfort Inn?........can we ride the mountain Mr, pleeeeeease? 🙏

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
🤔.....what about us broke southerners with a $14K Jalopy SXS and a clapped out tow rig staying at the Comfort Inn?........can we ride the mountain Mr, pleeeeeease? 🙏
Ye really. Just because I live in poverty and have to buy my underwear at the flea market, I cant enjoy some nice trails every now and then. I don't understand the all the negativity.:):)

S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I have a Talon and enjoy riding the area. I enjoy raising hell every once in a while, but the trails can be very technical, sketchy, lots of traffic and I'm usually the one wrenching or paying the dealer. I'm also 63, so hopefully a bit wiser. Would hate to be excluded from riding there because the younger and intoxicated proxy is more to blame. Rider education maybe, but excluding certain factory spec machines seems pretty extreme. Seems like I might need to send TripleB something nice for Christmas.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I have a Talon and enjoy riding the area. I enjoy raising hell every once in a while, but the trails can be very technical, sketchy, lots of traffic and I'm usually the one wrenching or paying the dealer. I'm also 63, so hopefully a bit wiser. Would hate to be excluded from riding there because the younger and intoxicated proxy is more to blame. Rider education maybe, but excluding certain factory spec machines seems pretty extreme. Seems like I might need to send TripleB something nice for Christmas.
I've heard he likes a good shampoo and conditioner gift set. The fancy shît none of that all in one head-n-shoulders crap 🙄

😂😂😂😂😂😂NoMo!!!

KyGal83

KyGal83

Duchess Sheldon, Daisy, KGB, Natasha, SNS
Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500
laugh all you want at our 15 different bottles… but Do you wanna crawl in bed with a “woman” who smells like Old Spice, Irish Springs, and Barbasol shaving cream with skin rougher than yours?

Didn’t think so… well a couple of you weirdos would!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I actually wouldn't mind it being 50" width restricted, as long as they ban the jeeps who roll through 30 deep with 40"+ tires thats been an issue too. I could actually jusify the Pioneer 520.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
laugh all you want at our 15 different bottles… but Do you wanna crawl in bed with a “woman” who smells like Old Spice, Irish Springs, and Barbasol shaving cream with skin rougher than yours?

Didn’t think so… well a couple of you weirdos would!!!
I'd prefer the Old Spice, Irish Springs, and Barbasol to 4 day old rancid man ass any day!

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You need my dollars and you miss coal. No reason to pitch a fit! You couldn't climb on top of your machine anyway to pitch a fit. Anyway, you got any deer jerky? 😂

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I'd be good with 50". Ok, 53 . . . 😁
Seriously though, no way that happens; no revenue down that road...

I don't think I’ve seen anyone on this thread saying the TWRA shouldn't have more $$.

JenElio

JenElio

Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
DANG when did @TripleB turn into TripleK (Karen, Karen, Karen)??? Well I guess I’d being hating life too if made the dumb decision to buy a KRX!!🤷‍♂️🤣🤣
Yeah that first KRX left a bad taste in his mouth. Which is weird cause JTW said all the KRX Bois love eating pineapple....😬

NoMo!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!