Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Greed lol. Before these f***ikg sxs’s they could work a trail and it would be good for years. It may last a month now. You have no idea the work it takes to maintain trails. TWRA is definitely losing money on the riders at the rates they are paying now. Not even close. You can cry until you're blue in the face or s*** your pants but you're wrong.
Dont disagree with the fact they fix it and its back few months later.
But I have seen their fixes and they need a class on how to actually fix it. Usually, they just push a bypass path so they don't have to deal with it. Or shave off the rut and fail to re-direct the water.

Regarding losing money.
I would bet TWRA has the country's highest number of out-of-state small game hunters.
That's because it is what everyone buys vs the real high-impact riding permit.
The money doesn't go to the trails, it goes to the hunting division.
I think the only change they need to make is removing the loophole.
But then the small game hunting division will go bust because they lost 80% of their funding.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
They can fix that by just getting rid of the small game licenses loophole that they push. It robs the trail fund but few realize they would have 100x the $ in the trail maintenance fund.
Bingo.
I'm going to try and set up a poll on this. I would like to know how many of use buy small game vs high-impact.
it bet it is in the 80% range.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
But I have seen their fixes and they need a class on how to actually fix it. Usually, they just push a bypass path so they don't have to deal with it. Or shave off the rut and fail to re-direct the water.

Regarding losing money.
I would bet TWRA has the country's highest number of out-of-state small game hunters.
But then the small game hunting division will go bust because they lost 80% of their funding.
I think they did it that way originally because they could get some federal grants by having the hunting numbers up but I could be wrong. But since all this s*** exploded beyond anyone's imagination, something gotta change now money wise.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Regarding losing money.
And good help is almost impossible to find. I could work those trails better with my little s***ty kubota.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Bingo.
I'm going to try and set up a poll on this. I would like to know how many of use buy small game vs high-impact.
it bet it is in the 80% range.
RRB told me to get the 71/93. I had no idea there was any such thing a "high-impact" permit.

Personally, I have zero issues paying more. But to quadruple the cost for a family of four in a single SXS simply because they knowingly allowed the hunting loophole to rob them of funds that should have gone to the maintenance of the trail system is a bit much.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
RRB told me to get the 71/93. I had no idea there was any such thing a "high-impact" permit.

Personally, I have zero issues paying more. But to quadruple the cost for a family of four in a single SXS simply because they knowingly allowed the hunting loophole to rob them of funds that should have gone to the maintenance of the trail system is a bit much.
I'm still scratching my head as to why that camp ground is called Ride Royal Blue when that area is clearly named the Sundquist Unit. It should be called Ride Sundquist since the Royal Blue Unit is clearly marked on the updated map as being on the west side of interstate 75. I'm gonna petition they have to change their name since it's clearly bulls***, calling themselves Ride Royal Blue. They have handed out that paper map of the Sundquist unit for the last 15 years and still call themselves Ride Royal Blue. That's clearly false advertisement. It's time to right the ship once and for all!

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Everyone is told to get the hunting permit by the campgrounds, cabins, Facebook Groups etc. So yeah Scoop its not necesarrily the riders fault, TWRA sat for 18 years without closing that Hunting License OR Special Use Permit required loophole. If they simply changed it 10 years ago to must have High Impact Permit they would have enough cash to pave the dang trails. TN lack of corrective action in a timley matter is the issue.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There's more to it than just money. I look for ATV restrictions, like HP, tire diameter and width restrictions coming quickly from the Forestry in all states. We as riders have some responsibility as well, quiet mufflers, turn down steros and don't see how far you can make it up a muddy hill in 2 WD, it's fun but it's hard on the trails.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's more to it than just money. I look for ATV restrictions, like HP, tire diameter and width restrictions coming quickly from the Forestry in all states. We as riders have some responsibility as well, quiet mufflers, turn down steros and don't see how far you can make it up a muddy hill in 2 WD, it's fun but it's hard on the trails.
It was more fun when a 28" was adequate, and @joeymt33 30's were overkill.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
🤔.....I don't know if it's just the "get off my lawn" stage of life or......you might need the maximum strength stuff this month @TripleB 😬

😂😂😂

E

eolesen

Oct 29, 2023
People's Republic of Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm sure speaking and letters will have an impact on the written decision, but my guess is that minds are made up. It may take a drop in revenue and a collapsed budget to really get their attention.

Now, I'm off to enjoy 60 miles of Cheese County rail trail for my $35/year sticker....

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Is there anyone who would be interested in attending this meeting on the morning Friday, December 8th in Gatlinburg TN?
I will be attending and would like to get 2 or 3 others to attend as well.
I would be willing to cover your hotel for Thursday night if you will sign up to speak.
I can help with a speech. All you have to do is read it.
Hollar at me.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!