P1000 Heavy Duty Hoist for 1000-5

E

Ep328

Mar 6, 2021
Norcal
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking for a manual hoist to lift large rocks / timber rounds and place in the bed. I’ve read through the

threads about hitch receiver mounted deer hoists but wonder if they are stout enough. Anyone have experience with this?

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for a manual hoist to lift large rocks / timber rounds and place in the bed. I’ve read through the

threads about hitch receiver mounted deer hoists but wonder if they are stout enough. Anyone have experience with this?
Buddy of mine got his from Amazon. Think it’s rated for 500lbs it works well for a deer… would have to get creative to lift rocks. Think it cost 150 give or take.

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5

piney life ( he is in north Tennessee i think ) on you tube has a bunch of mod video's on P1000 5 he has a wench set up for the bed that he sells its pretty cool looking look him up

Reactions: Buggyman and Lady01
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One way to approach the "problem" would be to install a smaller 12 V winch on the mid cross tube (reinforce, if needed, with straps going forward to top of front pillars), then use a ramp to allow you to pull load up into bed. This approach eliminates the need to position a hoist so you can swing the load into the bed.

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One way to approach the "problem" would be to install a smaller 12 V winch on the mid cross tube (reinforce, if needed, with straps going forward to top of front pillars), then use a ramp to allow you to pull load up into bed. This approach eliminates the need to position a hoist so you can swing the load into the bed.
You're still thinking about that nice bolder I beat you to, aren't you?

Brmcg324

Brmcg324

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2020
SW Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
These are made for lifting deer, rated for 400 pounds? Was only a little over $100 on Amazon a year ago.
It mounts to the hitch receiver and has a support leg on the ground.
I bought it to load a 95 pound generator on my 500, after hurting my back from repeated lifting by hand.
Takes apart to pack up, but it does weigh about 30+ pounds. I used it to pull this mailbox post, first try out.
It has a hand crank steel cable winch and a ball-bearing swivel. You could make something custom with a 12v winch. It was hard to beat this price out of the box (yes, from china).

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're still thinking about that nice bolder I beat you to, aren't you?
Yup! I may never get over that whole episode . . . you cad!

For those who may not be aware, here's some details of TLK's dastardly deed. A true story of what happened:

I "met" @TexasJackKin on a gun forum and then also ran into him here. FTF when I flew up to Dayton to trade some primers with him for reloading. Seemed like a nice enough guy, and indeed, he told me about the dealer where I bought my sxs. Later, he joined me and a few of my neighbors when we went off-roading to some mine sites south of his place - he was our "guide" as it was in his stomping ground. At one of the places we visited, there was this nice quartz rock, probably gold bearing, weighing at least 5 or 6 hundred pounds. I remarked about how cool it was.

When I got home, I started plotting and planning on how to fetch that "gold rock". Several of my neighbors also said they'd come along and help on the mission. I planned a nice spot for my "gold rock" in the yard - the plan was coming together with mission date set, troops at the ready. Then I got a call from my buddy TJK. He said, "You know that rock you were admiring? Well, it's in my yard!" WTF??

I relayed the mission abort to my neighbors. One said, "Now THAT's just wrong!" . . . my feelings exactly! Now in TJK's defense, he was not aware of our mission plans, only that I surely admired that rock. He did try to console me (after he stole it), telling me there are lots of other rocks. 🙄

I mean . . . what are "friends" for?

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yup! I may never get over that whole episode . . . you cad!

For those who may not be aware, here's some details of TLK's dastardly deed. A true story of what happened:

I "met" @TexasJackKin on a gun forum and then also ran into him here. FTF when I flew up to Dayton to trade some primers with him for reloading. Seemed like a nice enough guy, and indeed, he told me about the dealer where I bought my sxs. Later, he joined me and a few of my neighbors when we went off-roading to some mine sites south of his place - he was our "guide" as it was in his stomping ground. At one of the places we visited, there was this nice quartz rock, probably gold bearing, weighing at least 5 or 6 hundred pounds. I remarked about how cool it was.

When I got home, I started plotting and planning on how to fetch that "gold rock". Several of my neighbors also said they'd come along and help on the mission. I planned a nice spot for my "gold rock" in the yard - the plan was coming together with mission date set, troops at the ready. Then I got a call from my buddy TJK. He said, "You know that rock you were admiring? Well, it's in my yard!" WTF??

I relayed the mission abort to my neighbors. One said, "Now THAT's just wrong!" . . . my feelings exactly! Now in TJK's defense, he was not aware of our mission plans, only that I surely admired that rock. He did try to console me (after he stole it), telling me there are lots of other rocks. 🙄

I mean . . . what are "friends" for?
It's Just a rock, at best there may be a few thousand dollars worth of gold in it, and like I told you, you can come visit it any time....... Bring your wife, I have a feeling she's nice, after all, she puts up with you! 😂

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I realize we've taken our feud public, hope it doesn't cause a rift in the forum.......:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!