Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is an experiment. I know about the Throttle Max but was wanting something easier to clean around. This cost me $1.24 for the SS screws. I used it some and seems to work to keep to give your foot an anchor point for your heel when things get greasy on the floor?
IMG 0789

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is an experiment. I know about the Throttle Max but was wanting something easier to clean around. This cost me $1.24 for the SS screws. I used it some and seems to work to keep to give your foot an anchor point for your heel when things get greasy on the floor?View attachment 387243
You wasted $1.24.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few caveats . . . be sure to clean the screws really well with alcohol prior to installing. Hopefully they are stainless, less risk of issues due to internal rusting and stiff joints*. Use a good impact driver as it will run the screws in faster, so less chance you'll stop half way due to the intense pain. Speaking of which, biting on a bullet or old leather belt can be helpful (worked during the Civil War, I hear).

Once you get this under your belt, so to speak, you'll be ready for the DIY appendicitis kit. *And speaking of stiff joints, the DIY penile implant kit should be swinging into the marketplace any day now - look for both on your supermarket shelves (replacing food items that used to be there).

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Drive by wire has been around for a while. My 2015 Commander had it. Does help smooth out the bumps.
Honda used to be known for ergonomics. You would think they would be able to design a throttle pedal with proper geometry and that compliments the awesome DCT tranny. Maybe the gen. 3 version will be drive by wire. If they wait long enough all UTVs will be electric everything anyway.

G

GolfCart

Mar 4, 2023
NH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda used to be known for ergonomics. You would think they would be able to design a throttle pedal with proper geometry and that compliments the awesome DCT tranny. Maybe the gen. 3 version will be drive by wire. If they wait long enough all UTVs will be electric everything anyway.
Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I found out that it is cable driven. However, the DCT makes up for not having a rubber band drive. :)

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I found out that it is cable driven. However, the DCT makes up for not having a rubber band drive. :)
Agreed. For any perceived shortcomings there is a reason we all chose a Honda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!