Hello from N.E. Michigan

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
How is everybody doing out there in Honda Land? Thought I’d better introduce myself since I will be relying on you guys & gals for a ton of information. My name is Mark and I live in Greenbush Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron. I won’t tell you how old I am cause trees don’t live as long as I have but I will say I’m still a kid at heart. I have a custom chopper I ride, an 18’ Donzi classic to get me around the lake and a Mazda Miata just for kicks. I put a deposit down on a new Honda Talon 4X with the Fox Live Valve. Probably won’t see it till the end of the month at the earliest but like the rest of you I can’t leave well enough alone so I have already started a list of accessories and mods that I can’t live without. I look forward to hearing about all the things you guys have done to your UTVs. I will ask you one quick question though……..looking to purchase a set of larger tires right from the start. These will be used mainly for back roads, fire trails, no rock climbing and probably not much playing in the mud either. You’re probably asking yourself why the hell is this guy buying a UTV, he should just get a golf cart! Answer, I already have one….lol. I’m looking at a set of 32” what would you recommend? I hope to hear from a few of you guys when you get the chance. Any info would be deeply appreciate. Donzi 18

Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
How is everybody doing out there in Honda Land? Thought I’d better introduce myself since I will be relying on you guys & gals for a ton of information. My name is Mark and I live in Greenbush Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron. I won’t tell you how old I am cause trees don’t live as long as I have but I will say I’m still a kid at heart. I have a custom chopper I ride, an 18’ Donzi classic to get me around the lake and a Mazda Miata just for kicks. I put a deposit down on a new Honda Talon 4X with the Fox Live Valve. Probably won’t see it till the end of the month at the earliest but like the rest of you I can’t leave well enough alone so I have already started a list of accessories and mods that I can’t live without. I look forward to hearing about all the things you guys have done to your UTVs. I will ask you one quick question though……..looking to purchase a set of larger tires right from the start. These will be used mainly for back roads, fire trails, no rock climbing and probably not much playing in the mud either. You’re probably asking yourself why the hell is this guy buying a UTV, he should just get a golf cart! Answer, I already have one….lol. I’m looking at a set of 32” what would you recommend? I hope to hear from a few of you guys when you get the chance. Any info would be deeply appreciate. Donzi 18

hello and welcome from NE Ohio.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Welcome to the forum Mark!!
When you get it..... Pics or it didn't happen!!!😂😂

Let the spending begin!!👍

NTC
I know what you guys are saying, we said the same thing on my Donzi forum and the Miata forum I belong too.
SEEING IS BELIEVING. I’ll be sure to post some picks as soon as it’s in my possession.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Welcome from NW Arkansas.

advertisement
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
My name is Mark and I live in Greenbush Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron. I won’t tell you how old I am cause trees don’t live as long as I have but I will say I’m still a kid at heart. I have a custom chopper I ride, an 18’ Donzi classic to get me around the lake and a Mazda Miata just for kicks.
Howdy from Oklahoma Mark, and welcome to the club from a fellow senior citizen. I also have a Miata, just for a fun car. What model do you have? I would rather see a picture of the Miata. Way too many Honda pics on here for some reason. ;)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That was one of the things I wondered about. Are you running the same width tire all around? Did you have to change rims or did they fit the OME? Where are you in Michigan?
You will have to have the same size tire AND rim all the way around. Stock Rim size is bigger in the back.
Im in Stockbridge area. Have a cabin in the Gaylord area

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Howdy from Oklahoma Mark, and welcome to the club from a fellow senior citizen. I also have a Miata, just for a fun car. What model do you have? I would rather see a picture of the Miata. Way too many Honda pics on here for some reason. ;)
Thanks for the welcome! I’ll try to attach a picture of my 2018 ND. Are we going to get kicked off the forum for showing pictures of our cars…..lol I guess they will have to allow it since I don’t have my Talon yet.

103FBEE1 EFFC 46DA B86A 70E0FF3DFCF2

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome from Rocky Top (Tenn). In general 30"s will work. 32" will rub. I would talk to whomever you got your wheels from such as Method and confirm if they will rub or not. Also make sure you understand the check the scrub radius on the 32". This helps to keep the wheel, axle, control arms close to the Honda design. If you are not sure about the scrub radius, Jason Smith who owns Shock Therapy, has a UTube that discusses tires and scrub radius and why it is important.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
Welcome from Rocky Top (Tenn). In general 30"s will work. 32" will rub. I would talk to whomever you got your wheels from such as Method and confirm if they will rub or not. Also make sure you understand the check the scrub radius on the 32". This helps to keep the wheel, axle, control arms close to the Honda design. If you are not sure about the scrub radius, Jason Smith who owns Shock Therapy, has a UTube that discusses tires and scrub radius and why it is important.
Thanks for the heads up. I would like some bigger tires but I don’t want to screw up the handling or the suspension.

Donzi18

Donzi18

Jan 6, 2022
Michigan
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon X4 LV
You will have to have the same size tire AND rim all the way around. Stock Rim size is bigger in the back.
Im in Stockbridge area. Have a cabin in the Gaylord area
There are probably a lot of great trails to ride in that area. We go threw Gaylord a lot on either golf outings or when we trailer the boat over to Petosky for a week end.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My son lives in Nashville. Tells me I should bring my Talon down when it arrives. He says I should get out of the snow and enjoy the Tennessee sunshine. From what I have heard you are going to receive a little of the white stuff very soon. 🌨
We are Supposed to but it snowed for a minute and quit where I’m at. On new year’s we got about 6 or 7 inches And of course my Sxs had to be broken during all that lmao

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!