E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Still at the dealership trying to figure it out. I’ve been assigned a case manager and corporate is getting involved. Maybe they’ll buy back my machine and give me a brand new 2018 :)

Good luck.
Hopefully Honda is taking notes so none of the rest of us have to suffer.

R

richard1963

Jun 19, 2017
Decaturville TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did they find the root cause of your problem. I'm having a similar issue.

X

X502XGEOFF

Sep 6, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also having similar issue. Thinking about chainging the clutch pc solenoid valve.

C

cbauer

Jun 22, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys,

I'm trying to chase down what the dealer and I think is in electrical issue. A new clutch (2nd time) and clutch upgrade was performed. After everything was put back together the sxs will not shift correctly and seems to go into a limp mode. Does it in manual or auto. The oil pressure light eventually comes on as well. The dealer said it was showing a code P74 and they replaced the 2 shift valves. They took it apart again and did something with the oil pump and checked for blockages and cleaned valve body. They replaced the PCM and the code remained. The clutch relearn was done but it seems like the PCM is resetting and losing the relearn state. When you try and drive it, the gear indicator acts like it just went into relearn mode and goes blank then dashes. Then gets stuck in whatever gear you where in. I cleaned the 3 ground connectors and put them back with dielectric grease. I did the same for the 2 ECU/PCM or whatever they are called connectors under the driver seat. I disconnected the 2nd battery and any ties into the main battery just incase it was something shorting out from my added accessories. Been trying to research on the forum to find other people with similar issues. I'm not sure if the oil light coming on and the shifting issues are related. The dealer mentioned when the light comes on their scanner still shows the pressures are fine. One person I saw had fixed a similar issue but cleaned out the 3 oil sensors connectors underneath the clutch assembly. I guess I need to get a service manual to find where those are. Thanks for any help.
Mine does the same thing, did you ever get it figured out?

C

cbauer

Jun 22, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure what's considered limp mode. I can start it up first thing when it's cold and it takes off in first then the RPM seems to go higher than normal before it shifts into 2nd. Seems to work better when I let off the gas. Then gear indicator blinks with dashes and goes blank then the number 2 starts blinking and it won't upshift or downshift. After it warms up then the oil light comes on. I can start it up and let it idle and not drive it then after 2 bars it finally shows the oil light. There's no check engine light that comes on. Maybe because the code is already stored in the computer.
Same issue on mine, did you ever figure out the problem?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Same issue on mine, did you ever figure out the problem?
This guy hasn't been around since Dec 2017. You could try to message him and see if he'll come back and give us the story. A message may trigger an email to him.

In the meantime, start your own thread describing your symptoms. Someone will have ideas.

Reactions: Smitty335
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I'm not sure of all your symptoms either. What year and klms/miles on your machine. I'll throw this at you if you have 5000 or more miles maybe try cleaning up your control/ shift motor. I'm not saying this is the fix . But it's worth trying , If it's not working it's going to cause all sorts of problems with your machine. There are quite a few threads on here describing how to do this . One thing you have to realize is that this little motor does the shifting regardless if your in auto or manual . Auto computer activates the motor to shift were manual still uses the same motor to shift the trans. This little motor gets dirty inside with carbon build up on the armature causing it to fail , it's fairly simple to take off take apart and clean it all up and put back together .If you need more info?? Here's a post for you to read .
as mentioned above start a new thread with your problem and this way it helps others as well.

Last edited:
C

cbauer

Jun 22, 2019
canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, I will check that
My P100 is a 2019 and it has just over 6000Kms

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!