Help 2018 pioneer 1000-5

C

Contoocook

Jun 29, 2021
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
please check out the video, it's 6 minutes and explains all the issue information on my machine and what I've already tried. Thanks

Reactions: Backwoods and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
With it rushing like that. It leads me to think it still could be a IACV issue.

Both the IACV and the injector wires are both known to have wire breaks right at the connector head. These would be intermediate and could change as the engine vibrates and moves around.

I would give the IACV and both injector wires a slight wiggle and pull to see if the rushing pattern changes.

Good luck.

I will see if I can find the code you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Code 102 is: Abnormal Throttle valve position with the throttle pedal release - sticking throttle valve. Says engine speed may be limited.

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleB and ChadD
C

Contoocook

Jun 29, 2021
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
With it rushing like that. It leads me to think it still could be a IACV issue.

Both the IACV and the injector wires are both known to have wire breaks right at the connector head. These would be intermediate and could change as the engine vibrates and moves around.

I would give the IACV and both injector wires a slight wiggle and pull to see if the rushing pattern changes.

Good luck.

I will see if I can find the code you mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Ya I was leaning that way too, I wiggle the wires and there is no change , I have new injectors coming , I'll get a new iacv for 60$ and I'll get new injectors pigtails too

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah I just had replaced my injector wire ends that I got from hondaSXS . Honda should upgrade the whole harness shouldn't be made that way. Should be a recall like every thing the cost and time is on the consumer.

C

Contoocook

Jun 29, 2021
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah I just had replaced my injector wire ends that I got from hondaSXS . Honda should upgrade the whole harness shouldn't be made that way. Should be a recall like every thing the cost and time is on the consumer.
What was your rig doing that made you replace them ??

C

Contoocook

Jun 29, 2021
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Code 102 is: Abnormal Throttle valve position with the throttle pedal release - sticking throttle valve. Says engine speed may be limited.
View attachment 281880
Ya I got it to stay running and drove it up and down the drive way and it seemed like the throttle was unresponsive or just wouldn't work right. Isn't that a recall too?

advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya I got it to stay running and drove it up and down the drive way and it seemed like the throttle was unresponsive or just wouldn't work right. Isn't that a recall too?
There is a recall for the gas peddle.. But it's more for sticking. Like sticking from rust at the pivot point. Not electrical or sensor related.
If you haven't had this done, it needs to be.
Other possible recalls
Steering arm check.
Muffler shield.
Fuel pump (few select vins) (but you done that already. lol)
Park collar check.

C

Contoocook

Jun 29, 2021
Nh
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the info, I have an appt later this month , they will address recalls. I still have it running but the roads are weird and it's very unresponsive like it takes too long to accelerate after I press the peddle

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!