P1000 Help please / water'd it out

B

Bk232

Mar 11, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello help needed.

while riding my 21 1000-5 . the rear end broke through the ice. the muffler was under water.. like an idiot I panicked and shut it off.

winched myself out of water, but machine wont start.

I removed the muffler and it had a fair amount of water in it. the sensor in the muffler was wet.
air filter did not go under water. I removed 1 spark plug and it was wet.

i've got it to fire a few times and will run for maybe 5 seconds then bog out and shut off.

planning on changing out both plugs tonight, as well removing the entire airbox to see if any water got in the box under the filter..

any more ideas?

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hello help needed.

while riding my 21 1000-5 . the rear end broke through the ice. the muffler was under water.. like an idiot I panicked and shut it off.

winched myself out of water, but machine wont start.

I removed the muffler and it had a fair amount of water in it. the sensor in the muffler was wet.
air filter did not go under water. I removed 1 spark plug and it was wet.

i've got it to fire a few times and will run for maybe 5 seconds then bog out and shut off.

planning on changing out both plugs tonight, as well removing the entire airbox to see if any water got in the box under the filter..

any more ideas?
Doesn't sound good. Good luck.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Did the seat go under the water on the passenger's side?

Reactions: CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
front had some water under it.. not quite to the seat.
The Pioneer's gas tank vent is really low, you may have drawn water into the tank - Hondasxs's point.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!