P1000 HELP! POWER STEERING

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I've got a 2016 P1000 Deluxe and it has no Power steering and the PS light is on . It has been going in and out for about a year and previously i've been able to get it to reset by disconnecting the battery or tightnen up the connectors and it work for a while then revert back. I've changed the battery with a new battery and that didn't help. I brought the buggy to a repair shop on 9-11 and they just called today and said they can't fix it. The shop first said it was the powersteering ECU so they replaced it and nothing so next they replaced the power steering motor and still nothing. The mechanic says they checked all the grounds and all the wires and can't find anything and give up on it. Has anyone had a similar issue or know something else we could check? Also could I get the power steering from Superatv and install it and have powersteering and just deal with the light on the dash? Any help would be appreciated because I really need my power steering it has me spoiled.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've got a 2016 P1000 Deluxe and it has no Power steering and the PS light is on . It has been going in and out for about a year and previously i've been able to get it to reset by disconnecting the battery or tightnen up the connectors and it work for a while then revert back. I've changed the battery with a new battery and that didn't help. I brought the buggy to a repair shop on 9-11 and they just called today and said they can't fix it. The shop first said it was the powersteering ECU so they replaced it and nothing so next they replaced the power steering motor and still nothing. The mechanic says they checked all the grounds and all the wires and can't find anything and give up on it. Has anyone had a similar issue or know something else we could check? Also could I get the power steering from Superatv and install it and have powersteering and just deal with the light on the dash? Any help would be appreciated because I really need my power steering it has me spoiled.
Have you tried checking all the grounds yourself? And connectors while you're at it, I wouldn't trust the dealership too much if they were that quick to give up on it.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sounds like you need a shop that knows what their doing
Have you tried checking all the grounds yourself? And connectors while you're at it, I wouldn't trust the dealership too much if they were that quick to give up on it.
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻ALL THIS FO SHO☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll vote for going thru all the grounds  yourself as well. Don't just try to wiggle them and move on. Take them apart, clean them and snug them up.

You've got a new ECU and a new ps motor - they're about out of parts to throw at it.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

C

chucksmith0706

Jul 22, 2020
Louisiana
@P1K5Dave, I am with him. Will need to check grounds. Then ensure no broken wires and connections are good. If those main component's are good then ground or wire issue more than likely.

Electrical problems hard to find easy to fix.

Reactions: ChadD
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A quick test that some guys have had success with would be to install a test ground directly from your battery (-) to the frame.

It does not replace all of the aforementioned work going thru grounds, but it's worth a shot.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!