P1000 Help!! Wiring switch panel and voltmeters

J

JTW

I can have all my lights on and accessories running. Turn the key off and everything is off. That's great most of the time but sometimes I want to run stuff without turning the key - so I put the switch in the top position and everything comes on again.
I like that.. do you have a link for the switch?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Well that's where I'm at.. waiting on my solenoid and power switch to come in... need to run the rest of my jumper wires and then hook everything up. I'm open to better ways of running things!
This is one I ordered:
V-SERIES SEALED ROCKER SWITCH, BODY ONLY, NO ROCKER
I chose green leds. Nothing else on mine is green and I wanted it different.
This is the rocker I'm getting.
CONTURA V, AUX BATTERY, ROCKER ONLY
You can change the wording on the rocker - mine says "Accessory Power". I wish I could put Homer Simpsons face as the icon and I would change the words to Max Power.

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek
Hudge

Hudge

Feb 15, 2016
Farmington N.M.
I need help as well is there another source for keyed power other than the two out put wires on acc fuse I hate to tap into factory wires. Is there a pig tail somewhere?

J

JTW

I need help as well is there another source for keyed power other than the two out put wires on acc fuse I hate to tap into factory wires. Is there a pig tail somewhere?
You realize I'm not "tapping" into them but rather using one of these.
IMG 2586

Amazon.com: 10 Pack - EPAuto 12V Car Add-a-circuit Fuse TAP Adapter Mini ATM APM Blade Fuse Holder: Automotive

Reactions: Hudge
J

JTW

But I've asked the same question and nobody has much input on that..

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Probably redundant, but here's how I did my single battery setup, which would be the exact same thing as a double but with one less solinoid.

Key on power > solinoid.
Battery+ > solinoid.
Battery- > solinoid.
Solinoid + > all switches
Switches + > accessory
Accessory - > solinoid

If you want to do double battery, all you do is throw another solinoid and run the key on to that as well. Wire your second battery to your accessory solinoid.

I don't think there's a pigtail. I spliced and I've had no problems at all. Just make sure to use a relay or solinoid. That wire is stupid thin.

Also, adding a master switch is very easy.... Any switch works. All you do is

Bat+ > switch
Switch > output post of solinoid

Just make sure you select a switch that has no drain when in the off position. 5 pin won't work. I would get one of those jet fighter switches in green. Cool switch cover, you can't accidently turn it off, and when you want to turn it off you just close the cover and it pushes the switch off.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J

JTW

Am I missing something??

IMG 2627 IMG 2628

I plugged the fuse taps into the accessory fuse plug and now the lid won't shut... what did you all do about this? This is my source where I'm getting the little bit of keyed power I need.

@CumminsPusher @AKRider

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Am I missing something??

View attachment 34844 View attachment 34845

I plugged the fuse taps into the accessory fuse plug and now the lid won't shut... what did you all do about this? This is my source where I'm getting the little bit of keyed power I need.

@CumminsPusher @AKRider
Wait.... There's a thing you can slip over a fuse to get power?

If that's what I'm seeing that is the coolest thing ever.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is this how everyone else has done it??
That's how I did it. I'll get get you a pic if you need.

Just clamp one of those splitters on and run it to your solinoid. It won't take any power worth talking about off the stock wiring. If you don't like it take the clamp off and use some liquid electric tape.

A913cae7547755da1d592fb45d2cca70Cf8e4ca324fcb0406b33bbbca84c455c0711c80655bf267d6c357205a0fcf0d8

Reactions: JTW
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yep.. only the cover won't fit now.

Are used to piggyback and my cover fits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is this how everyone else has done it??

Not sure about everyone. I used the Posi-Taps... like these...

Amazon.com: Posi-Tap Connectors Kit- Includes Taps for 22 through 10 Gauge Wires, Plus 2 Fuseholders!: Automotive

J

JTW

Not sure about everyone. I used the Posi-Taps... like these...

Amazon.com: Posi-Tap Connectors Kit- Includes Taps for 22 through 10 Gauge Wires, Plus 2 Fuseholders!: Automotive
I bought some just incase.. but I was looking forward to this working!

Reactions: AKRider
lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Am I missing something??

View attachment 34844 View attachment 34845

@CumminsPusher @AKRider

It may be a difference in how they're made. The type you have (I have some like them) has a hard sleeve/strain-relief from the add-a-fuse body to the wire and I think that's what the lid is hitting. Maybe slot the fuseblock cover to accommodate or buy the type where the wire comes directly out of the add-a-fuse body.

Would one like this work?

@CumminsPusher Where'd you get yours from?

Last edited:
J

JTW

It may be a difference in how they're made. The type you have (I have some like them) has a hard sleeve/strain-relief from the add-a-fuse body to the wire and I think that's what the lid is hitting. Maybe slot the fuseblock cover to accommodate or buy the type where the wire comes directly out of the add-a-fuse body.

Would one like this work?
View attachment 34884
I'll try one and find out.. but I think it's hitting on the back flat but I dunno. If the other kind doesn't work I'll try a heat gun on the cover I guess?

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in the same boat. I thought about slotting the cover, but think I'd rather get one that will fit under the cover. I think the mini fuses are APM or ATM type? Going to shop around Amazon and fleabay a bit...

J

JTW

I'm in the same boat. I thought about slotting the cover, but think I'd rather get one that will fit under the cover. I think the mini fuses are APM or ATM type? Going to shop around Amazon and fleabay a bit...
I'll come up with something even if I have to use the posi-tap but I really wanted this to work.. I guess I could cut a square notch in it, put in a height spacer in the hole and then jbweld over it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!