CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I had my dealer do the first service at 100 miles for 'the record'. So this will be the first one I do.

Is the DCT and engine oil filled from the same filler tube - lower left of air cleaner access? I know there are two drains and the DCT has a separate filter so … what's the scoop? Does the engine oil dipstick measure the DCT oil level too (because it's the same place with two drains)? Answer --> Looks like I'm draining the oil pan and oil tank, so two drain bolts and the DCT and engine share the same oil.

Short version - remove two drain bolts, replace both filters, replace drain bolts, add 6.08 qts, pat myself on the back.

Tips? TIA

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I should have added - I have the Trail Armor full skid so the drains aren't marked.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Found the two drains, one vertical, one horizontal. This is going to make a mess, the TA skid has small openings, oil will be traveling across the skid f-o-r-e-v-e-r. :oops:

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Damn, glad you posted that - I'da never guessed there was that much oil hiding behind the two filters. I was just about to pop the filter covers off and would have dumped a lot of oil all over the damn place. :oops:

I was pleasantly surprised at how little oil caught, and traveled, on the skid - most of it politely drained straight down through the smallish TA openings. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!