sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I have a Forest River motor home with a Ford E450 chassis. This has a side collision warning system that will light up when someone is beside of me and then beep if I put the signal on to turn if someone is setting off the sensor. Not sure if this is a Ford or motor home system, but whoever hooked it up wrong. The alarm beep occurs when you turn the blinker for the opposite side of where the sensor is lit up.

So, if someone is on my left the system will alarm when I put the signal on to go RIGHT. I bet I just need to switch a connection, but no idea where the connections would be.

Any ideas?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So, I have a Forest River motor home with a Ford E450 chassis. This has a side collision warning system that will light up when someone is beside of me and then beep if I put the signal on to turn if someone is setting off the sensor. Not sure if this is a Ford or motor home system, but whoever hooked it up wrong. The alarm beep occurs when you turn the blinker for the opposite side of where the sensor is lit up.

So, if someone is on my left the system will alarm when I put the signal on to go RIGHT. I bet I just need to switch a connection, but no idea where the connections would be.

Any ideas?
Dealer?

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm 3 hrs from the FR dealer. Local ford dealers won't service due to being a MH. Ridiculousness from the 3 local dealers I called/visited.

So, I'm on my own. Trying to get an idea where the control unit would be.

I did look after work and appears to be behind the dash. There is a 150 amp disconnect on the battery though, which is somewhat reassuring.

FR owner's site has so far been unhelpful

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Neohio Might be able to pull up the ford wiring diagram

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada

Any ideas?

The dealer that sold the unit to you should be able to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If its the Ford BLIS system you should be able to adjust it somewhere on the dash. You can also adjust it for the length of a trailer you are pulling so the alarm works for the camper and trailer at the same time. just a guess, dont hold me to it. Lol

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "dealer" has so far been unhelpful with any questions.

I'm beginning to think it isn't a Ford system, it looks completely aftermarket. There are no adjustments on the dash. I'll try to remember to get pics at lunch today when I go home.

Reactions: sharp
R

Rockydog

Jan 16, 2019
Canada
The "dealer" has so far been unhelpful with any questions.

I'm beginning to think it isn't a Ford system, it looks completely aftermarket. There are no adjustments on the dash. I'll try to remember to get pics at lunch today when I go home.

If the dealer doesn’t want to help try Ford Motor Company direct. I’d bet after telling the dealership they be falling all over you trying to help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dad had an issue similar to this and he couldn't get anyone to help FoMoCO said the wiring was modified by the RV manufacturer and the RV Manufacturer said it was Ford harness. He ended up cutting the wiring harness and fixing it himself. It took him several months to track the wiring down and figure out where he needed to cut and splice.

I think some RV manufacturers have much better relationships with Ford than others do. I know Ford wouldn't work on his transmission either because their bays could not fit/lift an RV. They supplied the parts under warranty but he had to have it worked on by someone else.

Were looking at a SuperC at the moment and it seems International has a MUCH better working relationship with the RV manufacturers than Ford/Chevy/Dodge do.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I completely forgot to get pics.

Ford MC gave me 3 commercial service dealers, which are all minimum 2 hrs away, but at least say they will work on the unit. I'm getting an alignment done over the next few days so I'll spend some time on it next week. I'm working everyday until 11th so, won't have much time.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I worked at a big Ford dealer for many years. Back then all the camper conversion people knew was that a red wire was hot. Everything had red wires.

Reactions: ohanacreek
J

JTW

Then I’d say you’re absolutely correct.. they swapped them they tapped the wires. It’s probably not far off the control module for the collision system. I’m assuming there is a box or something that the beep is coming from under the dash, or in the dash?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Then I’d say you’re absolutely correct.. they swapped them they tapped the wires. It’s probably not far off the control module for the collision system. I’m assuming there is a box or something that the beep is coming from under the dash, or in the dash?

Most definitely in an easy access point unless it’s connected in underneath somewhere then you’d think just behind the cab or the rear bumper.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!