P1000 Help...

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My searching is not going very well and I know this must have been discussed at some point. I'm considering a new set of rims and tires for my stock P1000 SE.
I want a better tire for trail rides in NW AR. Wooded trails, rocks and water crossings. I don't want to put my axles and gearboxes at risk (will change at a later date) and increased height is minimal. Please point me in the right direction.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you plan on rotating tires, go with 14” 5-2 wheels. For tires I’d go with 8 ply 10x28Rx14. Actual diameters vary, so try to pick one that is not over 28” and you won’t have to worry about rubbing. If you want the front and rear track to be the same, add 1” wheel spacers to the rear. RB3 Offroad makes a nice set that are a little wider than 1” and you won’t have to grind down the original wheel studs or the height of the lug nuts holding the spacers on to the hubs.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My searching is not going very well and I know this must have been discussed at some point. I'm considering a new set of rims and tires for my stock P1000 SE.
I want a better tire for trail rides in NW AR. Wooded trails, rocks and water crossings. I don't want to put my axles and gearboxes at risk (will change at a later date) and increased height is minimal. Please point me in the right direction.
When you decide on changing your tires/wheels out consider KJMotorSports. they do tire/wheel combos and very competitive prices (already mounted).

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!