P500 Here is my build.....

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted on Camoplast 4S tracks in the winter and on 26 BigHorn 2.0 on ITP 212SS Flat black in the summer.

4500 Pds Warn Winch, EZ-Steer power steering, hard coat tip out windshield, hardtop, rear soft panel, 60 W LED bar and.... a back up camera.... Mirrors did not resist my riding in bushes.... so I went for a rear view camera installed with a toggle switch so I can turn it on while riding to see what's going on behind me...
I do not trail ride, I mostly ride on my property or just pure off road.

I built a massive wood storage box for the rear rack. It protects my gear from the elements when fishing and hunting and from the snow thrown from the tracks in winter time.

A good Friend of mine built a custom canoe rack. I tested it in winter.... we looked weird (2.5 feet of snow, the P5 on tracks with the canoe on top.....) but I needed to test it before my dad took it out to go fishing

The rig is not perfect, the box looks a little weird but it sure meets my needs....

Next step will be to Line-x the box to make it stronger and completely water tight, I may add some lighting at the back for when I load/unload stuff for my cargo box. I may also add a high capacity electrical connector in the box to boost it in cold weather or to help winching me out of difficult situation I sure will put myself in... and I may make soft door by replacing nets by canvas to prevent snow from coming in the cab but I do not want a full enclosure, I would shape them just like the nets.
DSCN8448
DSCN8446

DSCN8447
20160707 204322

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nothing weird about it Martin, I love the innovation. And you get extra points for posting the nice fire.

Reactions: Martin
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted on Camoplast 4S tracks in the winter and on 26 BigHorn 2.0 on ITP 212SS Flat black in the summer.

4500 Pds Warn Winch, EZ-Steer power steering, hard coat tip out windshield, hardtop, rear soft panel, 60 W LED bar and.... a back up camera.... Mirrors did not resist my riding in bushes.... so I went for a rear view camera installed with a toggle switch so I can turn it on while riding to see what's going on behind me...
I do not trail ride, I mostly ride on my property or just pure off road.

I built a massive wood storage box for the rear rack. It protects my gear from the elements when fishing and hunting and from the snow thrown from the tracks in winter time.

A good Friend of mine built a custom canoe rack. I tested it in winter.... we looked weird (2.5 feet of snow, the P5 on tracks with the canoe on top.....) but I needed to test it before my dad took it out to go fishing

The rig is not perfect, the box looks a little weird but it sure meets my needs....

Next step will be to Line-x the box to make it stronger and completely water tight, I may add some lighting at the back for when I load/unload stuff for my cargo box. I may also add a high capacity electrical connector in the box to boost it in cold weather or to help winching me out of difficult situation I sure will put myself in... and I may make soft door by replacing nets by canvas to prevent snow from coming in the cab but I do not want a full enclosure, I would shape them just like the nets. View attachment 18643 View attachment 18644

View attachment 18637View attachment 18645

Tracks are badass
how does it ride...

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Love them trax
They are truly amazing. Lots but I mean a LOT of traction and flotation on fluffy snow.
The camoplast's requires very little to no maintenance. I had a set purchased in 2008 for my Rubicon, ran them until January this year with no maintenance whatsoever.

Reactions: rocmar
Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
How much weight is that big wooden box?

Martin

Martin

Sep 29, 2015
Mont-Laurier, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Tx for the comments guys.
I really enjoy this little toy. I can no longer ride ATVs because of major back issues but I can ride the P5 no problem (As long as I remain smart behind the wheel...) That's why I traded my 2011 rubi. I have been a Honda fan since 1984 with my first Big Red.... This is my 7th Honda ATV/UTV and I have never been disappointed... We are now 3 generations of Honda fans.....
If you ever come to riding in Northern Quebec, stop say hi to Louis at Sport Motorise Mont-Laurier... He is the owner and gives an excellent service.

Last edited:
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Awesome build Martin, can you put up the video of pulling your winter sleds those are very cool too.
Thanks for sharing.

jrc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!