Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll be checking all this out this weekend. Kind of curious how much difference I'll notice now that I put 11" tires on the front too. One thing I have noticed is that the snorkel intakes are pulling more air than they used to. Don't know if that's just from installing the K&N or a combination of all things? I'll let you guys know my thoughts Sunday night.
Are the trails near you clear of snow?

D

Duckhunt

I'll be checking all this out this weekend. Kind of curious how much difference I'll notice now that I put 11" tires on the front too. One thing I have noticed is that the snorkel intakes are pulling more air than they used to. Don't know if that's just from installing the K&N or a combination of all things? I'll let you guys know my thoughts Sunday night.
Awesome! So excited to hear your results. They just shut down our trails this week because of all the snow (still) and warm weather they don't want the trails tore up with melt/moisture/frost releasing. Ugh. Hector is cocked, locked, and ready to rock 36" from the garage door!
I ride easier sanctioned trails most of the time, and when I got my P500 I put on 3 rides, 120 miles total, and those 3 rides I got 15 mpg each, and I like high rpms. Then mod #1 & 2 was K&N and snorkel, and my mpg went to about 20mpg, no joke. Checked it multiple times. Then I cut out my CAT and heard it pop twice. Noticed more throttle response from the CAT removal. But point being, I think these fuel controllers are really going to make our mods come to life! At least I hope...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This will be my first time out this year. The trails I'm going to aren't too far from me so I'm thinking most of the snow will be gone and it's supposed to be like 64 on Sunday. There's a dirt road coming out of this trail head that's wide open and pretty sure that's where the throttle's going to be. :D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This will be my first time out this year. The trails I'm going to aren't too far from me so I'm thinking most of the snow will be gone and it's supposed to be like 64 on Sunday. There's a dirt road coming out of this trail head that's wide open and pretty sure that's where the throttle's going to be. :D
Film the tree! HA!

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I guess that means you might or might not have snow? We still have 8” at camp and the trails are bare if that helps you for what it’s worth. I would think you’d be ok. But the snow stays longer in the woods.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I guess that means you might or might not have snow? We still have 8” at camp and the trails are bare if that helps you for what it’s worth. I would think you’d be ok. But the snow stays longer in the woods.

I haven't been there to see yet. Trails behind my place are clear already, just a bit swampy. I wouldn't mind if there was still some snow, as long as it's over 60 we'll be good. ;)

Reactions: tr005 and Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I haven't been there to see yet. Trails behind my place are clear already, just a bit swampy. I wouldn't mind if there was still some snow, as long as it's over 60 we'll be good. ;)
Yes, the weather being nicer will make it worth it. I wish you happy trails. :)

Reactions: tr005 and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Put it through its paces today with the new setup. No snap your head back hp gain, did seem to have an increase in torque though. Found it odd too, that now with the Dobeck hooked up my speed limiter kicked in at 41 instead of 43 like it used to? Doesn't seem like its working as hard through the gears though, plenty of air flow. I kept checking the heat above the HMF to see if I needed more shielding but the can itself didn't seem to get all that hot.
Also tested the 11" on the front and I liked it. It is a little more floaty feeling through a turn but also feels like the front end is pulling harder, probably just more traction? Felt better climbing and gave a softer ride on bumpy sh**.
Went through a few mud holes today, second and third feel unstoppable! :cool:

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
How were the trails?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Noticed this the other day before pressure washing, never had it do that before! Proof that the K&N is pulling more air? Also shows I have a dominant side on the snorkel intakes. :rolleyes:

Snorkel Intakes

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!