Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My kid stopped by last night, had a buddy with him and wanted to show him the sxs. Didn't have all the electrical hooked back up yet, did most of that today. He wanted to hear the new pipe so I fired it up and revved it a bit like I did in the video. I noticed, now that the Dobeck is hooked up, it didn't pop like it did before. It's doing something on throttle up situations already. He liked it, said it was louder but not too loud and had a better sound. :cool:

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I actually have enough rubber to make about 10 of them right now. You'd have to try to tear this stuff, straight lines are easy to cut but that's about it. I had to put two cuts in the first one I made when I added harnesses. Ended up going back to factory seat belts so I just made a new one and gave Remmy the old one. I used that one for over a year and, other than being dirty, looked like the day I put it in. If there was enough interest I'd make up a batch.

I'd buy one :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My kid stopped by last night, had a buddy with him and wanted to show him the sxs. Didn't have all the electrical hooked back up yet, did most of that today. He wanted to hear the new pipe so I fired it up and revved it a bit like I did in the video. I noticed, now that the Dobeck is hooked up, it didn't pop like it did before. It's doing something on throttle up situations already. He liked it, said it was louder but not too loud and had a better sound. :cool:
Throw a price out there trigger. Shipping tube is probably five bucks, it would be a little weighty, shipping would probably be twenty bucks. Come up with a plan for us. :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Throw a price out there trigger. Shipping tube is probably five bucks, it would be a little weighty, shipping would probably be twenty bucks. Come up with a plan for us. :)

I'll look into it now that I see some interest. I wondered why no one was biting at all. No idea on a price, will have to look into the shipping, but shouldn't be too expensive. It's not like I'm looking to make bank off of it, more like helping my brothers out but covering my time that I don't have, lol. This is commercial rubber that can't be purchased at a big box store and I know the first one I made was a bit time consuming to make it fit right. Even when I made the second one, and had a template, it took longer than I thought it would. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'll look into it now that I see some interest. I wondered why no one was biting at all. No idea on a price, will have to look into the shipping, but shouldn't be too expensive. It's not like I'm looking to make bank off of it, more like helping my brothers out but covering my time that I don't have, lol. This is commercial rubber that can't be purchased at a big box store and I know the first one I made was a bit time consuming to make it fit right. Even when I made the second one, and had a template, it took longer than I thought it would. I'll let you guys know what I come up with.
I understand. Be equitable to yourself trigger. I’m sure it will be a value whatever you price it at.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hope all this sh** makes a difference! Last piece of the puzzle showed up today. :)

KN

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hope all this sh** makes a difference! Last piece of the puzzle showed up today. :)

View attachment 101585
Did you get this stuff finished?

And about the rubber heat barrier under the seat, if you decide you don’t want to make them, how about just selling a piece of rubber cut to the over all size necessary for us to finish fabricating ourselves? It’s kind of hard to buy a piece of that roofing small enough for this mod....:cool:

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Did you get this stuff finished?

And about the rubber heat barrier under the seat, if you decide you don’t want to make them, how about just selling a piece of rubber cut to the over all size necessary for us to finish fabricating ourselves? It’s kind of hard to buy a piece of that roofing small enough for this mod....:cool:

Yeah, I've been working on putting the box back together, which is all of the electrical and stereo wiring. Cleaning up some routing and hitting the connections with dielectric grease along the way. Messing with the speaker set up too so haven't been in a hurry to put it all back together.
As for the noise/heat shield, I looked into it, shipping cost is anywhere in the U.S. for $20. Yeah, buying a piece of rubber that small is hard to find and expensive. You could get two of these out of a 10' x 10' pc and that's $100. I paid $36 for that foil carpet and that was for a 3' x 4', this is bigger than that. I have two different types of rubber, both will last forever but one has cords you can't see running through it. Can only be bought in a roll and it's over $1300. My plan is to cut a new one for myself out of the reinforced stuff and fine tune the cuts even more, this'll be the 3rd one now. If I'm putting my name on it, it's going to be close to perfect or it doesn't leave. I'll post some pics of exactly what you'd be getting.
As for cost to the customer, I'm at $70 to your door?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, I've been working on putting the box back together, which is all of the electrical and stereo wiring. Cleaning up some routing and hitting the connections with dielectric grease along the way. Messing with the speaker set up too so haven't been in a hurry to put it all back together.
As for the noise/heat shield, I looked into it, shipping cost is anywhere in the U.S. for $20. Yeah, buying a piece of rubber that small is hard to find and expensive. You could get two of these out of a 10' x 10' pc and that's $100. I paid $36 for that foil carpet and that was for a 3' x 4', this is bigger than that. I have two different types of rubber, both will last forever but one has cords you can't see running through it. Can only be bought in a roll and it's over $1300. My plan is to cut a new one for myself out of the reinforced stuff and fine tune the cuts even more, this'll be the 3rd one now. If I'm putting my name on it, it's going to be close to perfect or it doesn't leave. I'll post some pics of exactly what you'd be getting.
As for cost to the customer, I'm at $70 to your door?
I wonder what’s going to happen to you when that little P5 weighs 35% more than stock without a square inch left to fit one more modification on it. Are we going to see some sort of melt down, PTSD, psychosis? A need for thereapy? Or maybe it will be time to redo all the mods with the latest new and improved versions thereof....:D:D:D

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 101585

Hi Trigger, did it make a difference? Looking forward to updates... have made no time for mine aside from putting on the blade and ploughing the Cul De Sac. Then have been on Oahu all this January, recharging in the sun. Been great so far but looking forward to get home to mess with P5 and OBS powerstroke truck.
j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bout the same here. I've plowed with it but haven't done any trail riding. I've been messing with the stereo and wiring too and don't have it all put back together yet. Probably won't have any real feedback until Spring. I'm hoping to see an improvement though and will let you know.

Reactions: JCart and 906UP
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Bout the same here. I've plowed with it but haven't done any trail riding. I've been messing with the stereo and wiring too and don't have it all put back together yet. Probably won't have any real feedback until Spring. I'm hoping to see an improvement though and will let you know.

Very cool thanks for keeping me/us in the loop! Once I get home the plan is to cobble together an aftermarket muffler, trim the cat stuffing and hopefully follow your lead with respect to AFR. We’ll see, though as life, work and an ongoing 7.3 powestroke project is on the horizon.
Cheers and thanks again,
j

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'll be checking all this out this weekend. Kind of curious how much difference I'll notice now that I put 11" tires on the front too. One thing I have noticed is that the snorkel intakes are pulling more air than they used to. Don't know if that's just from installing the K&N or a combination of all things? I'll let you guys know my thoughts Sunday night.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!