Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
For anyone else that is considering this mod, two factory heat shields still work. They don"t touch anything and are probably the most important shields on there. I had to drill a hole in the one for the O2 wire to come through and for access to the O2 if ever needed. I taped it from the bottom and top with heat tape. I heated it up pretty good and felt around to see if anything was getting hot and it seems fine so far. I still have a good chunk of heat tape left in case I discover anything getting too hot down the road.
Started it up for the wife last night, first thing she said is 'you made it loud'. It does rap pretty loud now, I kinda like it though. :cool:

Heat Shield

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger ... you made it louder, hahahaaa love it just like home, in a good way. For me I can’t believe mine supports and (for the most part) condones my mostly haywire behaviour.
j

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger you know we are eventually going to have to see a video on this righto_O

Alright then. The thing is, I watched videos of the sound differences before I even did this and you seriously can't hear much difference. That's on a PC with a 2.1 hooked up...but I'll get you one. ;)

Klipsch PM21 2f Hardware Pro

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did this last year with my phone. I think it sounds dam close. But you have to have you garage door open or it abounds like chit in a can.

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Here you go. Like I said, hard to tell much difference but it's all of 5 decibels higher. It'll pop pretty good but hasn't really backfired. I've got the whole machine torn down for cleaning and for the Dobeck to go in so nothing too exciting yet.

That sounds nice! ;) A huge improvement over stock! Have you taken it for a ride to see if there are performance gainso_O

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That sounds nice! ;) A huge improvement over stock! Have you taken it for a ride to see if there are performance gainso_O

I took it out behind the house but never got to open it up. Probably not the smartest thing to do without the AFR hooked up, just wanted to hear it a little better. It's louder though and therefore must be faster! :D

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I took it out behind the house but never got to open it up. Probably not the smartest thing to do without the AFR hooked up, just wanted to hear it a little better. It's louder though and therefore must be faster! :D

So now you go deeper AND are faster....awesome :cool:

Reactions: Eltobgi and trigger
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ordered...:mad:Damn it @trigger you know better than to post links to products:confused: I can not control my addiction:oops::p

Lol I know, sorry man, I'm usually the victim here not the instigator, honest!
Kinda skeptical as to how much more air flow this will create but, seeing as how I've went this far already...I know it would just sit on my mind until I ended up ordering it later. This heavy ass P5 will never be the fastest, really hoping to see an increase in midrange power, 2nd and 3rd are the diggin gears.
I actually did dig through old threads to get the part numbers, thanks to @PistonHonda for the filter and @solrus for the precharger... so we could blame them? :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!