Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Dobeck AFR is hooked up and working. Had to remove the air box to connect to fuel injector. Didn't have room anywhere on the dash to drill in the gauge so I did a surface mount above steering column, I can see it better there anyway. Again for anyone that might follow, here's where the injector connection is, the one with red in the clip.

Dobeck Fuel Injector Dobeck Gauge

D

Deleted member 3748

Dobeck AFR is hooked up and working. Had to remove the air box to connect to fuel injector. Didn't have room anywhere on the dash to drill in the gauge so I did a surface mount above steering column, I can see it better there anyway. Again for anyone that might follow, here's where the injector connection is, the one with red in the clip.

View attachment 99767 View attachment 99768
I'm sure you're going to feel the power increase. I wonder if a speedo healer would correct the speedo after the gear mod? Speedo Healer got past Yamaha's speed limiter before a refresh was available.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Lol, your gear mod is always in the back of my mind. Doesn't it mess with the speedo or something? Doesn't register correctly? Any error codes?
The SpeedoDRD takes care of the speedometer/ecu signal, the speedometer will read the same it did before at a given RPM you'll just be going faster due to the gearing change.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Dobeck, this is probably my next P5 project.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
@trigger Did the Dobeck come with a base tune it do you have to come up with it yourself? Can you program this via a laptop/USB port?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, it comes with a base tune. You adjust and program through the gauge as that's the brain. The little box under the seat is a slave to the gauge, just interprets the signal and tells the injector when to fire. Pretty cool little unit, gauge lights up and has colored LED's for which zone you're in. Adjustments are small and precise.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, it comes with a base tune. You adjust and program through the gauge as that's the brain. The little box under the seat is a slave to the gauge, just interprets the signal and tells the injector when to fire. Pretty cool little unit, gauge lights up and has colored LED's for which zone you're in. Adjustments are small and precise.

Cool cool.... thinking exhaust and AFR is a big thumbs up? So glad you and a few others are getting to this stage. For me work and other family diversions have minimized P5 (and hunting time drastically this fall), so have hardly logged any seat time or wrench time... anyways thanks for sharing and Happy New Year.
j

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, my vote never changes. It's just the highest amount on the poll.
What many don't realize though is how much different these machines ride and function after the never ending mods are added. The difference between a stock machine and where mine is now are drastically different! I test drove the one that Remington bought and couldn't believe how loud it was without the rubber noise/heat barrier. All the little and big things make a huge difference.
What is the rubber noise/heat barrier that you’re referring to here??

Reactions: Todd627
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Think you were all into your P1 and the ROTC thread when I did this. Honestly, one of the best mods I've done. Tried the foil backed carpet thing but it sucked because it gets wet and needs to be dried out after every ride or cleaning. If you don't, it will mildew, stain and stink. I had a chunk of rubber roofing leftover from one of the jobs that I tried and it's the only way to go IMO. Never has to be taken out, forms to the contours better and blocks the noise/heat better. Been kicking around the idea of making them for sale, precut and shipped in a tube.

Rubber

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

I have the first one that Trigg made for his machine that had some cuts and things in it (no complaints) I’m very appreciative for him not throwing that away and giving it to me. I made repairs to it for my needs. It was a superb idea on his part, molds perfectly and easy to work with, repels water and the heat greatly and is easily removed to clean it and underneath the seat.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Think you were all into your P1 and the ROTC thread when I did this. Honestly, one of the best mods I've done. Tried the foil backed carpet thing but it sucked because it gets wet and needs to be dried out after every ride or cleaning. If you don't, it will mildew, stain and stink. I had a chunk of rubber roofing leftover from one of the jobs that I tried and it's the only way to go IMO. Never has to be taken out, forms to the contours better and blocks the noise/heat better. Been kicking around the idea of making them for sale, precut and shipped in a tube.

View attachment 101228
Oh, I see. That’s very cool. May I be your first sale???

Reactions: trigger and Todd627
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have the first one that Trigg made for his machine that had some cuts and things in it (no complaints) I’m very appreciative for him not throwing that away and giving it to me. I made repairs to it for my needs. It was a superb idea on his part, molds perfectly and easy to work with, repels water and the heat greatly and is easily removed to clean it and underneath the seat.
No fatigue to the cuts for seatbelts and such with repeated removing and reinstalling?

Reactions: Remington
dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 101228

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 101228
Ive got a10x10 piece of that rubber that has been laying around the barn for years it's the heavy duty type rubber roofing if will help you out your more than welcome to it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ive got a10x10 piece of that rubber that has been laying around the barn for years it's the heavy duty type rubber roofing if will help you out your more than welcome to it
Heck yeah, let’s get this going. :)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I think I'm just a few miles up the road from trigger all you have to do is talk him into it like I said he's welcome to the material
Oh, no need for that kind of pressure on him. If he decides to produce these for the forum however, I’ll be at the front of the pack. Cool offer you’ve made as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and Todd627
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I actually have enough rubber to make about 10 of them right now. You'd have to try to tear this stuff, straight lines are easy to cut but that's about it. I had to put two cuts in the first one I made when I added harnesses. Ended up going back to factory seat belts so I just made a new one and gave Remmy the old one. I used that one for over a year and, other than being dirty, looked like the day I put it in. If there was enough interest I'd make up a batch.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!