Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
This is the one I ordered, hope it works.

View attachment 97180
Looks BA, I like the black. I really like my HMF on my P1K5, you’ve heard it before, should be fairly close in sound. Don’t worry about the o2 sensor stuff, as long as it’s up stream of your muffler you should be fine. We did mods like that all the time at Roush we just left the o2’s in there place. Easy put, no tune no worry ;)

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
It never ends @trigger! My new business venture, Only $9.99, but wait... order two now and only pay additional shipping and handling fees ($8,000,000,000). Order within next 30 minutes and I’ll throw in a Talon.

DFA777C6 1FE6 40D9 AF85 0426F02B91FC

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It never ends @trigger! My new business venture, Only $9.99, but wait... order two now and only pay additional shipping and handling fees ($8,000,000,000). Order within next 30 minutes and I’ll throw in a Talon.

View attachment 97190
:D:D:D:D:cool:

Reactions: Eltobgi
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've been digging into this subject pretty deep here lately and for those that don't know anything about it, like I did, here's what I've learned. There will be another part to this and for me it's going to be the Dobeck AFR. ( air/fuel regulator ) This is the only one made specifically for the P5. Not just off the shelf either, you order it, they build it and you get it in about ten days. Called them and got the skinny on the whole thing, good people that know their sh**.
The factory O2 sensor only works at idle and low rpm's and it runs pretty lean stock. When you add the aftermarket exhaust/intake you're creating more air flow, the factory O2 sensor will adjust and not go into error or anything because it's only sensing the low rpm's. It doesn't sense anything at mid range or high speed and again will not read the trouble even though you'll be running very lean, not good. Installing the AFR regulates the proper amount of fuel for the amount of air flow. It has factory settings so it's just plug and play but allows you to tweak it if you choose. You even add a second, wide range O2 sensor, that you drill into the pipe to monitor the under load flow. I asked the guy if he thought the exhaust and tuner would make much difference on this machine and he said most see a 10% gain in HP. For us that's about 2 1/2 horse which isn't very much but should give it a little more ass anyway.
Even if I can't keep up, you'll hear me behind you. :D

D

Duckhunt

I've been digging into this subject pretty deep here lately and for those that don't know anything about it, like I did, here's what I've learned. There will be another part to this and for me it's going to be the Dobeck AFR. ( air/fuel regulator ) This is the only one made specifically for the P5. Not just off the shelf either, you order it, they build it and you get it in about ten days. Called them and got the skinny on the whole thing, good people that know their sh**.
The factory O2 sensor only works at idle and low rpm's and it runs pretty lean stock. When you add the aftermarket exhaust/intake you're creating more air flow, the factory O2 sensor will adjust and not go into error or anything because it's only sensing the low rpm's. It doesn't sense anything at mid range or high speed and again will not read the trouble even though you'll be running very lean, not good. Installing the AFR regulates the proper amount of fuel for the amount of air flow. It has factory settings so it's just plug and play but allows you to tweak it if you choose. You even add a second, wide range O2 sensor, that you drill into the pipe to monitor the under load flow. I asked the guy if he thought the exhaust and tuner would make much difference on this machine and he said most see a 10% gain in HP. For us that's about 2 1/2 horse which isn't very much but should give it a little more ass anyway.

Hey @trigger Did you look into the Dynojet Power Commander V with the AutoTune Kit? The Power Commander V itself is a preset tuner you pretty much need a dyno to setup, however when you add the AutoTune Kit, which is a wide Band o2 sensor like the Dobeck AFR+, you can have your closed loop target AFR's like the Dobeck. I have done the research and am choosing this route based on the following advantages over the Dobeck:
  1. 10 throttle positions versus 3, and each throttle position has acceleration adjustments too. (i.e. can set a specific rpm at different afrs for throttle positions like 50% throttle, 60%, 100% etc.)
  2. Timing Advance - this is huge in Honda's, especially if you run non oxy premium fuel. Hondas come with very retarded "detuned" timing, hence the wide range of fuels that can be used, and part of their known bulletproofing - won't "ping" and idle forever on 87. Running higher octane fuels perform much better with more advanced timing because the burn will not finish out the headpipe
  3. Cold start up options - you can set a desired water temp and/or minimum time run for your engine to warm up before going from stock to your custom program.
  4. 2 map positions - This is huge to me. You basically can have 2 programs, just flip a 2-wire switch for your second map. So you can have your performance "riding" map and a basic plowing/hunting/pulling fish house map with nothing more than a toggle switch on the dash.
Okay negatives:
  1. More $$$ - $565 for both at Fuel moto
  2. Need a laptop hooked up to adjust your settings, however for $200 they do have a display/monitor to make on the fly adjustments
  3. It is a more elaborate program. I've messed with this kind of thing before and understand it completely, but can see where it could be overwhelming with all the features
I'm just sharing this because I just did all the same research LOL!!!! And for what it's worth I'm 90% sure I'm going with the MBRP AT-6010sp Sport series universal chambered muffler. A little louder and deeper than stock and much more open. Also Fuel Moto claims to have many, many, many preset maps available to their customers, but you can download maps from Dynojet after you register your unit, from what I read. But advantages 2 & 4 is what made me switch from going Dobeck to Power Commander V. Eitherway they are both great products depending on what you want!

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500

Excellent, you have a good plan. Looking forward to the end result.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I read your comment wrong, because my p5 was only $6k so I thought you were saying Trig's is up to 8k now.
You probably can’t see this.... but that’s what the sticker is on them now with inflation, 3yrs difference, automatic transmission and the like. That most likely was how @Montecresto came up with that starting price. So you read it correctly. Was a figure of speech.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You probably can’t see this.... but that’s what the sticker is on them now with inflation, 3yrs difference, automatic transmission and the like. That most likely was how @Montecresto came up with that starting price. So you read it correctly. Was a figure of speech.
I bought mine in August of 2014, and it was $7,500.00 naked lol.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I bought mine in August of 2014, and it was $7,500.00 naked lol.
Sounds about right. You right...who’s counting? Lmao, he’s having fun and that’s all that matters right :)

D

Deleted member 3748

Why? You think I have you on ignore? I don't... I'm an adult. ;)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!