Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
WP 20171031 11 24 26 Pro
WP 20171031 12 06 39 Pro
WP 20171031 12 06 21 Pro

Finally got tired of my spare tire always being strapped down on the Tote that I wanted something from, so I made a rack to carry it vertical between the two totes. I re-purposed an old mountain bike my neighbor gave me using some of the rear arm and some of the suspension frame. Use what you got and make it work right?!? In keeping with my practice of not drilling if it can be avoided, I mounted it all with stainless clamps and used 1" pvc pipe for mounting collars. As you may be able to tell from the pictures, I took a slice out of the pedal frame and a slice out of the suspension frame to make these saddles. The weight of the tire is resting on the P500 center rear rack frame (protected by a strip of mudflap) and the movement in all dimensions is controlled by the fabricated rack. All hardware was scrounged from the bicycle or what I had laying around. Oh...a 4$ can of rustoleum black from Lowes finished out the project.
WP 20171031 11 24 26 Pro

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Yeah, there are pictures so it really happened. LOL. and NO laughing....'cause it works!!!

Reactions: lee
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 57231 View attachment 57232 View attachment 57233

Finally got tired of my spare tire always being strapped down on the Tote that I wanted something from, so I made a rack to carry it vertical between the two totes. I re-purposed an old mountain bike my neighbor gave me using some of the rear arm and some of the suspension frame. Use what you got and make it work right?!? In keeping with my practice of not drilling if it can be avoided, I mounted it all with stainless clamps and used 1" pvc pipe for mounting collars. As you may be able to tell from the pictures, I took a slice out of the pedal frame and a slice out of the suspension frame to make these saddles. The weight of the tire is resting on the P500 center rear rack frame (protected by a strip of mudflap) and the movement in all dimensions is controlled by the fabricated rack. All hardware was scrounged from the bicycle or what I had laying around. Oh...a 4$ can of rustoleum black from Lowes finished out the project. View attachment 57231

Just the one bolt holding it on?

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Just the one bolt holding it on?

@trigger - No-A piece of 7/16 all thread goes through the wheel and through the left side bin sidewall, then through 2 pieces of 1 x 3 which run full length inside the top inboard side of the bin. This was my "Insurance" so that when I show members how to tip a P5 over the tire won't go anywhere. The primary bolt is near the end of the bracket and is 3/8" allen head, goes through a spreader bar and screws into a kickstand block on the inside of the rim. Pure HomeGrown.

WB

Reactions: trigger
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Glad you did something that was a pain to get winch supplies out prior lol. Keeping busy I see looks good buddy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!