Talon Hometeam's Blue X

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have a 2020 Honda Talon X Gray/Blue showing up this week. I have been riding in a Honda Pioneer 1000/5 for the last 4+ years and Loved it! Jeeps and sports cars before that and 4-wheelers and dirt bikes before that! I am beyond excited to get this thing! So I ordered a SATV Flip windshield and SATV lower doors. Hoping to get it all in and installed asap because I have a trip to Brimstone (Tennessee) planned for the weekend of January 18.

I post as it comes in! Thanks as always for your help!

So here is the current rides between my three boys and me!

IMG 20191219 151250 IMG 20191026 144333 IMG 20191219 151144 IMG 20191022 100420 IMG 20181203 160305 IMG 20181203 160428

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2020 Honda Talon X Gray/Blue showing up this week. I have been riding in a Honda Pioneer 1000/5 for the last 4+ years and Loved it! Jeeps and sports cars before that and 4-wheelers and dirt bikes before that! I am beyond excited to get this thing! So I ordered a SATV Flip windshield and SATV lower doors. Hoping to get it all in and installed asap because I have a trip to Brimstone (Tennessee) planned for the weekend of January 18.

I post as it comes in! Thanks as always for your help!

So here is the current rides between my three boys and me!

View attachment 174229 View attachment 174234 View attachment 174230 View attachment 174231 View attachment 174232 View attachment 174233
Good to see you back at it.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
It’s good to see you again! Will you be bringing some of those toys to the takeover this year?

I am going to try my best to make it to the takeover this year. It might be a last minute try to come and sleep just in the back of my truck type situation but I'm hoping to do it if I can.;) I do have a trip to Tennessee planned in two weeks and one in March and one in April. @joeymt33 you should come ride with us in 2 weeks!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am going to try my best to make it to the takeover this year. It might be a last minute try to come and sleep just in the back of my truck type situation but I'm hoping to do it if I can.;) I do have a trip to Tennessee planned in two weeks and one in March and one in April. @joeymt33 you should come ride with us in 2 weeks!

I wish I could but I’ve got some other things going on.

If you make it to the takeover, we will make room for you.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
IMG 20200110 234258

IMG 20200110 234509 IMG 20200110 234312 IMG 20200110 234342

Added a SATV flip up windshield, door lowers, and rear window. Just got them done late tonight so haven't had much time to mess with them but the installation was easy and the products seem real good! Going to add the Honda upper doors tomorrow!

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have now added the Honda OEM soft upper doors. They are in conjunction with the Super ATV flip up windshield and Super ATV rear windshield that I have on the machine already.

First I will give my thoughts on the Honda upper doors. These are the best soft upper doors Honda has put out! I thought the installation was very easy and I thought it mounts very solid to the machine with no flapping or wind pulling it away from the vehicle at top speeds like my soft uppers did on my Pioneer 1k. I honestly couldn't ask for them to be any different than they are! I give them an "A" in opinion for a soft quality door!
IMG 20200111 143730

I believe you are always going to have some fitment challenges whenever you combine two manufacturers parts. So with that being said I believe these work together pretty well and I have no real complaints about it. I was able to make the rear window work perfectly with the back doors. The Super ATV velcro strap only is altered a little bit by the Honda OEM upper door c-clamp. But I was able to strap it and it is tight and is no issue. I would give that an A-/B+ for CrossFitment of the two.
IMG 20200111 143629 IMG 20200111 143703

Now where the Honda door meets with the Super ATV front windshield does not quite fit up as well as the rear. I still have no real complaint and feel like it is the best setup if you want a flip up windshield with soft doors. I wish Honda would have made a factory flip up windshield for the talon just for the fitment on the front windshield to there doors on the Talon. Obviously gaps are more penalizing on the front of the machine than the rear. The top clamps on the Super ATV windshield are kind of in the way of the Honda velcro strap. I was able to strap it and the door and everything still operates good but the strap isn't sitting exactly where it wants to. The clamps on the Super ATV flip up windshield are massive and do make a gap where the door would meet up to the a pillar. This does not appear to be a very big issue to me as I will easily get some quarter to half inch foam weather stripping and fill the gaps in. with none of the gaps being filled yet I was able to drive it around in some rainy conditions yesterday and there was minimal rain water into the cab But it needs to be sealed better still. I would give the CrossFit mint between the Honda soft door and the Super ATV flip up windshield a B/B+.
IMG 20200111 143642 IMG 20200111 143550 IMG 20200111 143608 IMG 20200111 143645

So overall I am very happy with all of my parts from Super ATV and the Honda front soft doors. From what I've seen available so far I would order all of this again and put it on my machine. If I was a person that road minimally in hot weather I would have really considered the Honda full glass windshield with the bottom vents but with the amount of heat I got in my Pioneer 1000 I wasn't willing to take that chance with those vents not bringing enough air into the cab. I will post up my alterations to the front windshield seals when I get to the store and get them installed this week. if there are any questions or other pictures you'd like me to take let me know. The Honda Talon keeps and pressing me more and more my plan on riding a full review after my trip to brimstone this coming weekend.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have now added the Honda OEM soft upper doors. They are in conjunction with the Super ATV flip up windshield and Super ATV rear windshield that I have on the machine already.

First I will give my thoughts on the Honda upper doors. These are the best soft upper doors Honda has put out! I thought the installation was very easy and I thought it mounts very solid to the machine with no flapping or wind pulling it away from the vehicle at top speeds like my soft uppers did on my Pioneer 1k. I honestly couldn't ask for them to be any different than they are! I give them an "A" in opinion for a soft quality door!
View attachment 176213

I believe you are always going to have some fitment challenges whenever you combine two manufacturers parts. So with that being said I believe these work together pretty well and I have no real complaints about it. I was able to make the rear window work perfectly with the back doors. The Super ATV velcro strap only is altered a little bit by the Honda OEM upper door c-clamp. But I was able to strap it and it is tight and is no issue. I would give that an A-/B+ for CrossFitment of the two.
View attachment 176214 View attachment 176215

Now where the Honda door meets with the Super ATV front windshield does not quite fit up as well as the rear. I still have no real complaint and feel like it is the best setup if you want a flip up windshield with soft doors. I wish Honda would have made a factory flip up windshield for the talon just for the fitment on the front windshield to there doors on the Talon. Obviously gaps are more penalizing on the front of the machine than the rear. The top clamps on the Super ATV windshield are kind of in the way of the Honda velcro strap. I was able to strap it and the door and everything still operates good but the strap isn't sitting exactly where it wants to. The clamps on the Super ATV flip up windshield are massive and do make a gap where the door would meet up to the a pillar. This does not appear to be a very big issue to me as I will easily get some quarter to half inch foam weather stripping and fill the gaps in. with none of the gaps being filled yet I was able to drive it around in some rainy conditions yesterday and there was minimal rain water into the cab But it needs to be sealed better still. I would give the CrossFit mint between the Honda soft door and the Super ATV flip up windshield a B/B+.
View attachment 176216 View attachment 176217 View attachment 176218 View attachment 176219

So overall I am very happy with all of my parts from Super ATV and the Honda front soft doors. From what I've seen available so far I would order all of this again and put it on my machine. If I was a person that road minimally in hot weather I would have really considered the Honda full glass windshield with the bottom vents but with the amount of heat I got in my Pioneer 1000 I wasn't willing to take that chance with those vents not bringing enough air into the cab. I will post up my alterations to the front windshield seals when I get to the store and get them installed this week. if there are any questions or other pictures you'd like me to take let me know. The Honda Talon keeps and pressing me more and more my plan on riding a full review after my trip to brimstone this coming weekend.

Thanks for the pics & review, my back window is another brand but similar but I think I could make it work.

Reactions: Mopower58
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Got some new wheels and tires for it! System 3 SB5 in a 5+2 (+38). Kanati Terra Masters 32/10/15 B side out. I still got mount the other three tires but I like how it looks like it's going to be! My suspension should be back next week from G-Force Racing Technologies and Suspension in Johnson City Tennessee.
IMG 20200828 212822IMG 20200828 212844

Last edited:
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
My shocks came in and I got my wheels all mounted up! I really like the wheel tire combo from a looks side! I will know in a few days how the tires do. They are 32-in Kanati Terra Masters on System 3 SB5 wheels (+38).

I went on a short ride and the suspension felt night and day different I am still adjusting what I want my ride height to be but it felt awesome and I could feel the suspension working! I will keep messing with it throughout the rest of the night. Curious of people's opinions on the ideal ride height on 32-in tires?

IMG 20200904 153908IMG 20200904 153923IMG 20200904 170407IMG 20200904 170419

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went on a short ride and the suspension felt night and day different I am still adjusting what I want my ride height to be but it felt awesome and I could feel the suspension working! I will keep messing with it throughout the rest of the night. Curious of people's opinions on the ideal ride height on 32-in tires?

I guess it depends on the type of terrain you will be on, I run 13.5" front and 13" rear ride height on my 32's (1000R) since I encounter very rocky conditions sometimes. Give it a couple of hundred miles and recheck the ride height as there may be a little bit of settling.

Reactions: Mopower58 and CID
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I guess it depends on the type of terrain you will be on, I run 13.5" front and 13" rear ride height on my 32's (1000R) since I encounter very rocky conditions sometimes. Give it a couple of hundred miles and recheck the ride height as there may be a little bit of settling.

So with my 32's being more like 31 3/8 my car sits just under 13 in the front and 12.5 in the rear unloaded. I ride Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia trails. It does feel great and handles awesome.....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!