Honda extended warranty

C

coleman4868

Is honda extended warranty really worth it? Anyone have experience using the extended warranty?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well that’s a loaded question. Thus far, I’ve had nothing break on my many SXS’s that would have been covered by Honda’s extended warranty.

Spektrum84

Spektrum84

Aug 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
My decided not on my 1000x purchase. Run it hard the first year and look for issues, keep up to date on what others are finding and inspect those points on your own machine. These vehicles are likely assembled by many different hands and some failure points will be common and should be checked by the end user if you want to prevent problems from occurring. Known issues being the differential vent lines and nipples, the shift gate adjustment, and the air filter box being a dust vacuum. I did my service oil change and the bolts holding the oil and DCT filter covers on were alarmingly not snugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: coleman4868
C

coleman4868

My decided not on my 1000x purchase. Run it hard the first year and look for issues, keep up to date on what others are finding and inspect those points on your own machine. These vehicles are likely assembled by many different hands and some failure points will be common and should be checked by the end user if you want to prevent problems from occurring. Known issues being the differential vent lines and nipples, the shift gate adjustment, and the air filter box being a dust vacuum. I did my service oil change and the bolts holding the oil and DCT filter covers on were alarmingly not snugged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've been trying to keep up with different problems people are having. I've heard people say things like they have 5000 miles and not one problem, all the way to this or that failed after only a couple hundred miles and honda warranty refuses to cover it. While doing little things like adding accessories and my first service, I've discovered some of the bolts have been cross threaded during assembly and ran up extremely tight. Like the door hinge bolts, one on each side was cross threaded. A couple Allen heads on the plastic cover under the bed have been rounded. I just bought my machine in June and declined the extended warranty. But got a letter in the mail offering it again. I'm just trying to figure out if I should go for it. I bought the factory service manual off ebay, and I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I'm also disabled now too.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've been trying to keep up with different problems people are having. I've heard people say things like they have 5000 miles and not one problem, all the way to this or that failed after only a couple hundred miles and honda warranty refuses to cover it. While doing little things like adding accessories and my first service, I've discovered some of the bolts have been cross threaded during assembly and ran up extremely tight. Like the door hinge bolts, one on each side was cross threaded. A couple Allen heads on the plastic cover under the bed have been rounded. I just bought my machine in June and declined the extended warranty. But got a letter in the mail offering it again. I'm just trying to figure out if I should go for it. I bought the factory service manual off ebay, and I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I'm also disabled now too.
Well, I can’t see the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty if you’re right and Honda’s refusing to honor it....🤔

C

coleman4868

Well, I can’t see the purpose of purchasing an extended warranty if you’re right and Honda’s refusing to honor it....🤔
They say they'll cover everything but tires, batteries and regular maintenance stuff. But ive seen different post about this and that not being covered. And I've not really heard anything positive about the warranty.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They say they'll cover everything but tires, batteries and regular maintenance stuff. But ive seen different post about this and that not being covered. And I've not really heard anything positive about the warranty.
Yeah....definitely examples of them not standing behind the warranty. Personally I never pay extra for extended warranties though so I know my default stance is they aren't worth it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Oh I know, there’s people fighting warranty coverage all the time. It rather sucks....

Reactions: coleman4868
kamikaze

kamikaze

Jul 2, 2020
Linden, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I declined it- Give it hell the first year and if nothing breaks then you most likely have a solid machine. You can always purchase the Extended Warranty anytime within the first 12 months if you change your mind.

I'm more likely to damage it trail riding than something failing mechanically so full coverage insurance was a must!

advertisement
C

coleman4868

I declined it- Give it hell the first year and if nothing breaks then you most likely have a solid machine. You can always purchase the Extended Warranty anytime within the first 12 months if you change your mind.

I'm more likely to damage it trail riding than something failing mechanically so full coverage insurance was a must!
Yeah, I got full coverage insurance too. So if something big happens to it, I just hope I don't get burned when it catches on fire, lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!