P1000 "Honda" highlights

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just finished up my second set of "Honda" highlights tonight in the steering wheel and thought I'd share. I had seen the steering wheel somwhere but couldn't find it commercially available. Both these were some using a Silhouette Cameo and outdoor sticker sheet.

I know the tailgate can be purchased, but 45 dollars for a sticker just hurt me so I decided to give this a go. It's been rained on, ridden and washed without fail so far (about a month). If any of you/your wives/kids are handy with the computer it's as simple as sizing a Honda logo to fit, outlining in the Sillhoutte studio and cutting her out. Both logos kept the same proportions as the original, so I suggest measuring for width and letting the height work itself out. I believe the steering wheel logo was 2 and 3/16 inches, I forget how wide the tailgate was.

As always with sticker application, a hairdryer seems to help warm the glue up and make it adhere better. I know: not quite as impressive as some of the mods on here but i thought the idea might save someone a few bucks. I'm not near as mechanically inclined (or gutsy) as some folks here!

IMG 20181126 203004 01 IMG 20181027 120900454

MMW

MMW

Sep 5, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just finished up my second set of "Honda" highlights tonight in the steering wheel and thought I'd share. I had seen the steering wheel somwhere but couldn't find it commercially available. Both these were some using a Silhouette Cameo and outdoor sticker sheet.

I know the tailgate can be purchased, but 45 dollars for a sticker just hurt me so I decided to give this a go. It's been rained on, ridden and washed without fail so far (about a month). If any of you/your wives/kids are handy with the computer it's as simple as sizing a Honda logo to fit, outlining in the Sillhoutte studio and cutting her out. Both logos kept the same proportions as the original, so I suggest measuring for width and letting the height work itself out. I believe the steering wheel logo was 2 and 3/16 inches, I forget how wide the tailgate was.

As always with sticker application, a hairdryer seems to help warm the glue up and make it adhere better. I know: not quite as impressive as some of the mods on here but i thought the idea might save someone a few bucks. I'm not near as mechanically inclined (or gutsy) as some folks here!

View attachment 95068 View attachment 95069
Looks good!

Reactions: dnjones161 and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!