Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If I had a sure fire thing, I would certainly invite you up. It has been a pretty ruff year with all the weather fronts to find any consistency this year.
Are you talking about ice thickness or affects on the fish bite? We just to fish in Canada two weeks every year in the Summer, I have talked to fishermen up there, that were there during ice out, they told me stories about casting up on the ice with a spoon, reel as fast as you can and catching some really nice Lake Trout? I would love to experience a full year of fishing up North!

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Are you talking about ice thickness or affects on the fish bite? We just to fish in Canada two weeks every year in the Summer, I have talked to fishermen up there, that were there during ice out, they told me stories about casting up on the ice with a spoon, reel as fast as you can and catching some really nice Lake Trout? I would love to experience a full year of fishing up North!
I can be adopted! HA!

W

Winterrider

Aug 25, 2018
North.Dakota
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

No, ice thickness is a good 30" on most lakes. Just so many different weather fronts has made for a very unpredictable bite this year.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

• From Talon HQ

Brian Rash

14 mins
    Ok I have a question here. I pinched a brake line a few weeks ago and it has a small leak now. While I was waiting on my replacement line I went on a ride and just kept checking on my brake fluid. Brakes got soft and 4wd stoped working. Does this mean that 4wd won’t work with out the braking system because of the ABS I4wd ?? Or do I have a different problem?

5 Comments
    Comment

Comments
    • Nc ocAQkgkYMIU1MF5m6hO JxKSzFQqIG1tDwt8pi1z 30cWCyzx0zI2cOCFKw3t0Yw X3r4 nc htscontent atl3 1
      Chris Sukeena It's using the brakes to stop wheel spin, so if the brakes are soft the system won't work correctly.
  • Nc ocAQlMcxTr0gYVr7XR88GZBFcDPj8w ADIi84enWTRn8pb7 ApzgPCb qLhk2VgrscQro nc htscontent atl3 1
    Frank Davis Pinch the line with vise grips
  • Nc ocAQm6a xUqvq2FFY X96oiJCeaTrfdTD27bkZoHV3uONtE8vtJlaKGGamkaFdVR mgiw nc htscontent atl3 1
    Brian Rash Yes the 4wd system just flashing on the dash and it doesn’t pull on either side in the front. It stays in 2wd
  • Nc ocAQlMcxTr0gYVr7XR88GZBFcDPj8w ADIi84enWTRn8pb7 ApzgPCb qLhk2VgrscQro nc htscontent atl3 1
    Frank Davis Cancel last comment

J

JTW

• From Talon HQ

Brian Rash

14 mins
    Ok I have a question here. I pinched a brake line a few weeks ago and it has a small leak now. While I was waiting on my replacement line I went on a ride and just kept checking on my brake fluid. Brakes got soft and 4wd stoped working. Does this mean that 4wd won’t work with out the braking system because of the ABS I4wd ?? Or do I have a different problem?

5 Comments
    Comment

Comments
    • View attachment 137106
      Chris Sukeena It's using the brakes to stop wheel spin, so if the brakes are soft the system won't work correctly.
  • View attachment 137107
    Frank Davis Pinch the line with vise grips
  • View attachment 137108
    Brian Rash Yes the 4wd system just flashing on the dash and it doesn’t pull on either side in the front. It stays in 2wd
  • View attachment 137109
    Frank Davis Cancel last comment
Moral of the story... Honda should have used stainless lines like a f***ing factory popo has! And anyone with an i4wd should buy @jak9922 stainless lines! @Cuoutdoors

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
christ! i need to get ahold of a talon brakeline now! i said it from the leaked photos when i seen rubber lines
Heck I was quick enough to get your lines after a brake issue and yet we still had 4wd and easily made it back out. If I had a rig that the 4wd system was brake dependent I would definitely buy them beforehand.
Btw nice job on those lines!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
i4wd is 100% brakeline pressure sensitive! when you have rubber lines that are weak and "balloon" and weak!..... thats just asking for failure... someone have honda call me! ill put them on hold so i can make some money

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
christ! i need to get ahold of a talon brakeline now! i said it from the leaked photos when i seen rubber lines
I've been meaning to track down "the break line guy".... PM me some info please so I can get some ordered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol

No i4wd due to brake lines.

Potentially leading to getting stuck due to the brake lines.

Nice.

Reactions: BigOL3 and JTW
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Every pioneer I help my friends build I have them use Jaks brakes lines! I tell them my experience and why they are important I suppose I can add now that on some models your 4wd will go out without them.

H

hammick

Aug 1, 2019
Montana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have Eaton Truetracks in my built up Wrangler. I think they operate similar to the I-4 system. I didn't want lockers because the Wrangler will see of lot of snow packed and icy roads. The Truetracks are working all the time and are seamless. Driving on snowy or icy roads with locked differentials is a good way to get thrown into a ditch.

I would agree that if I had to do a crap my pants climb with steep drop offs that I would choose a car with lockers if I had a choice. But I'm guessing the car with the I-4 would get me to the top also.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
so what if the hill assist light does not go out?

When you push the button It's supposed to turn on for 3 seconds then go off. It holds the brakes on.

Is it on as soon as you start the machine?

J

jgremaux

Jan 31, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When you push the button It's supposed to turn on for 3 seconds then go off. It holds the brakes on.

Is it on as soon as you start the machine?
yes soon as the unit key is on then light comes on and says on

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!