Reactions: Eltobgi
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The shocks and storage capacity are cool. Everything else just adds unnecessary complexity. I really hope they have some behind the scenes clutch and heat fixes. If those 2 issues are confirmed as fixed I will be in the market very soon.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well yeah, that is disappointing. Why build so much anticipation for new shocks and a 4wd system that I think a lot of guys won't want. I was at least hoping they'd address the heat and clutch (which maybe they did but won't mention). I was really hoping they have some real model changes. I knew that wasn't going to happen though.

Reactions: JTW and AKRider
IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Also I assume "new cabin-storage compartments and cup holders in all four doors" is a change for all 1000 models? Doesn't seem like they would continue producing their old plastic molds and new ones at the same time for the standard vs LE models......

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think the 4wd is going to get a lot of people from Polaris. Lazy is "better" but it might be ok I trust the system that's in it now though. Shocks will help the popo guys "transition " and just got an already slightly interested groups attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IdahoPioneer

IdahoPioneer

Oct 16, 2015
Emmett, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think the 4wd is going to get a lot of people from Polaris. Lazy is "better" but it might be ok I trust the system that's in it now though. Shocks will help the popo guys "transition " and just got an already slightly interested groups attention.

I agree the marketing is solid to bring that crowd in. Just kindof weird for the people already on this side of the fence.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am relieved that they didn't change up too much stuff so I don't feel obligated to get something else for at least another year! I would like the shocks though, hope they're an optional add on for a decent price.

I do not like the auto-trac stuff. I can see where others may like it, but it reminds me of the Can-Am 4wd system that takes the "loose" tire to spin a full turn before it realizes it needs to lock the front diff. I'll stick to my levers.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So...does it still have load leveling suspension with new FOX Shocks???o_O

I

IronHorse

Nov 17, 2016
Arizona
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm wondering if the 1000-5 Le options are the same for the 1000-5 deluxe or is the Le replacing the deluxe model. Also I wish they would bring the orange into their models soon.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well yeah, that is disappointing. Why build so much anticipation for new shocks and a 4wd system that I think a lot of guys won't want. I was at least hoping they'd address the heat and clutch (which maybe they did but won't mention). I was really hoping they have some real model changes. I knew that wasn't going to happen though.

The good thing is that there are aftermarket options to address these things. Yep, Honda should address them. The heat issue isn't a big deal for me, but I understand why it is for others. I've already put Walker Evans on the front, so really don't care about the shocks. Maybe they've addressed the clutch issue. I haven't seen anyone with a late model have issues. I like the internal gear reduction that is being offered through aftermarket, but I don't have the cash to do it right now. I would also like to hear some reviews on it.

Reactions: amc019
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couple of great questions in a row

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well I don't know about you guys but I'm going to go out and buy some scratch tickets because I want one;)

J

JTW

So @JTW...Are you digging the Limited Editiono_O I'm thinking its going to be priced at around $18,999
At that price.. no. I like the skids, stoppers, bumper and shocks.. I really don't think I like the differential changes. I could buy a 16 for 15,500 (maybe less now) add 1,000 for skid and stoppers.. maybe add or build a brush guard/bumper.... if it's around 17ish I think I could justify it and live with the differential changes but there's a lot of stuff there I'm paying for that I just don't know if I'd want or like... it probably would be pretty sweet though. But then again. Add windshield, roof, lights winch and all the other crap we do and you're over 20k for a toy with a lot of untested equipment! And let's not forget that if it's due February.. I probably will be pushing getting it by the Takeover!! I'm not sure just the shocks are worth the price difference??

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am relieved that they didn't change up too much stuff so I don't feel obligated to get something else for at least another year! I would like the shocks though, hope they're an optional add on for a decent price.

I do not like the auto-trac stuff. I can see where others may like it, but it reminds me of the Can-Am 4wd system that takes the "loose" tire to spin a full turn before it realizes it needs to lock the front diff. I'll stick to my levers.

I was told by Fox via email that the shocks will be available through Honda dealers.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

That's exactly as I'm sitting

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
At that price.. no. I like the skids, stoppers, bumper and shocks.. I really don't think I like the differential changes. I could buy a 16 for 15,500 (maybe less now) add 1,000 for skid and stoppers.. maybe add or build a brush guard/bumper.... if it's around 17ish I think I could justify it and live with the differential changes but there's a lot of stuff there I'm paying for that I just don't know if I'd want or like... it probably would be pretty sweet though. But then again. Add windshield, roof, lights winch and all the other crap we do and you're over 20k for a toy with a lot of untested equipment! And let's not forget that if it's due February.. I probably will be pushing getting it by the Takeover!!
Well if you roll up to the Takeover with it...we will have a good opportunity to test it out!:) Don't worry about a winch...I've got you covered;)

Reactions: JTW
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was told by Fox via email that the shocks will be available through Honda dealers.
These 2.0 Podium QS3 shocks run $1195 a pair for single rate springs and $1295 a pair for dual rate springs according to FOX website. I can't imagine them being much les through Honda so for a set of 4 you are looking at $2390.00 + tax etc.

2.0 PODIUM QS3-R | UTV Shocks | FOX

Reactions: sharp and AKRider

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!