russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Do the new colors help with the cabin heat and dust issues? Do the new colors correct the crappy hard enclosure fitment? Asking for a friend.

For that kind of money, I'll go by a Polaris Northstar Edition with HVAC....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don't quote me on this, but i believe the Talon is based on a Live Valve and thr Pioneer is an LE. Hence the prices.

I will quote you, 😁 after digging through a bunch of fine print, yes you are correct....

From Honda Powersports website

Also new for 2021, check out our Talon 1000R Special Edition that’s based on the FOX Live Valve model, with some of your favorite Honda accessories pre-installed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I will quote you, 😁 after digging through a bunch of fine print, yes you are correct....

From Honda Powersports website

Also new for 2021, check out our Talon 1000R Special Edition that’s based on the FOX Live Valve model, with some of your favorite Honda accessories pre-installed.
You getting one?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You getting one?
As much as I want a Talon, simply not financially doable for me. Plus I would like to see the suspension a bit more refined (citing the many comments of being over sprung) Who knows after a few more cycles of bold new graphics they may getting around to important things like ride quality and cup holders. The latter is probably all we will get.

K

KevinAC

Feb 9, 2021
Fulton, NY
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
View attachment 265173View attachment 265174View attachment 265175

April 6, 2021 — TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda announced today an expansion of its side-by-side lineup for 2021, with new Special Edition versions of the Talon 1000 and Pioneer 1000 models. SE versions of both two- and four-seat Talon sport side-by-sides, and both three- and five-seat Pioneer 1000 multipurpose side-by-sides, come pre-installed with accessories some customers typically add after the initial vehicle purchase. These flagship trim levels add value by saving money and improving comfort and convenience, and they help drivers explore further. Owners will also stand out from the crowd, thanks to exclusive Viper™ Urban Camo graphics, made possible through a special collaboration with TrueTimber® that also includes a matching clothing collection, which can be found at: www.truetimber.com/honda
"As well as Honda's Talon and Pioneer 1000 perform, there are some drivers who demand even more, and they typically pursue that edge through accessories," said Brandon Wilson, Manager of Advertising, Sports and Experiential at American Honda. "We're pleased to help those customers extend their adventures, while also saving money and time. These Special Edition versions of our flagship side-by-sides are already outfitted with components that previously could only be added after the initial purchase. The icing on the cake comes in the form of striking Viper Urban Camo graphics, which ensure these Special Editions look the part."
The SE versions of the Talon 1000 and Pioneer 1000 will be available in Summer of 2021.
2021 Talon 1000R SE / Talon 1000X-4 SE
Designed with off-road excitement, precision and quality in mind, the Talon 1000 platform is a fusion of Honda's experience in two- and four-wheel design and racing, pushing the envelope of what is possible in a production sport side-by-side. Nonetheless, customers who are only content to be in front of the pack sometimes modify their Talons with accessories to improve performance and style. Honda is now offering Special Edition trim levels of the 1000R two-seat and 1000X-4 four-seat Talons, ready to go with accessories already installed. Upgrades include a front bumper, winch kit, vented windscreen, light assembly, rear-view mirror and door lowers, adding real value and convenience to an already capable machine.
2021 Pioneer 1000 SE / Pioneer 1000-5 SE
The industry's benchmark multipurpose side-by-side, Honda's Pioneer 1000 is an ideal option for work or play, blending comfort, handling and hauling with user-friendly features like an automatic six-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Still, many owners opt to equip their Pioneers with accessories after the initial purchase. Now, Honda is offering Special Edition trim levels that come from the factory with many of the most common upgrades already in place, ultimately saving those customers time and money. Offered for both the three- and five-seat versions of the Pioneer 1000, the SE option adds real value, improved performance, visual flair and the capability to go and explore further, thanks to accessories including a roof, windscreen, fender flares, winch kit, rear-view mirror and LED light bar.
Now if only there was supply.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The op lists the accessories added for the SE....

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I remember Honda sending us a poll asking what could they do better. All of the current upgrades I had added on my R with exception of the Viper. So they used us to improve the Talon on our dime. So Honda, how about a kickback for doing your R&D? 🤔

B1D1B5C7 ACFE 4696 9483 0DA1FBF4DFBE

H

HondaTech

As much as I want a Talon, simply not financially doable for me. Plus I would like to see the suspension a bit more refined (citing the many comments of being over sprung) Who knows after a few more cycles of bold new graphics they may getting around to important things like ride quality and cup holders. The latter is probably all we will get.

Ive heard their throwing out ktichen sink and starting from scratch. Engine and all.

But i didn't say that...

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I remember Honda sending us a poll asking what could they do better. All of the current upgrades I had added on my R with exception of the Viper. So they used us to improve the Talon on our dime. So Honda, how about a kickback for doing your R&D? 🤔

View attachment 265314

Right after I bought my 2014 700 Honda paid me and many others to take place in a year long survey..........other than adding the power steering option.... they changed nothing.

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right after I bought my 2014 700 Honda paid me and many others to take place in a year long survey..........other than adding the power steering option.... they changed nothing.
The way honda is, it will probably be years before thay change anything on it! The rincon has been out for years and nothing has changed except it went from a 650 to a 680!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!