Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
As much as I want a Talon, simply not financially doable for me. Plus I would like to see the suspension a bit more refined (citing the many comments of being over sprung) Who knows after a few more cycles of bold new graphics they may getting around to important things like ride quality and cup holders. The latter is probably all we will get.
It's kinda sad for Honda that a new kid moves in with the first year model Sport SxS, nails the suspension geometry and equals Honda's customer service, builds the best suspension components and has a great motor for a non turbo, trail riding. If you have ever ridden dunes, you need a lot of HP. Honda has the recourses for doing the same and choses not to????????? I'm in the same boat with you in the doable dept. I don't make payments on toys, only made one payment on our P1! And that how a Sport will be purchased. Come on Honda get your Chop Styx's in order! HA!

Reactions: JACKAL and BigOL3
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
It's kinda sad for Honda that a new kid moves in with the first year model Sport SxS, nails the suspension geometry and equals Honda's customer service, builds the best suspension components and has a great motor for a non turbo, trail riding. If you have ever ridden dunes, you need a lot of HP. Honda has the recourses for doing the same and choses not to????????? I'm in the same boat with you in the doable dept. I don't make payments on toys, only made one payment on our P1! And that how a Sport will be purchased. Come on Honda get your Chop Styx's in order! HA!
"tail riding"......go get 'em Smitty 😜 HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
"tail riding"......go get 'em Smitty 😜 HA!
Did you notice I didn't name the brand? HA! Yea I caught that on the edit! HA! But with a better ride the tail riding might be better afterwards? HA!

Reactions: ChadD
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did you notice I didn't name the brand? HA! Yea I caught that on the edit! HA! But with a better ride the tail riding might be better afterwards? HA!
A lot of KRX forum chatter about the brand you didn’t mention blowing up drums and diffs....breaking axles. 🤔

Oh, and it’s very noisy if you want to preserve what little hearing you have left....

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A lot of KRX forum chatter about the brand you didn’t mention blowing up drums and diffs....breaking axles. 🤔

Oh, and it’s very noisy if you want to preserve what little hearing you have left....
I didn't mention the weeks my P1 was in the shop getting 3 clutches replaced and the other mutable recalls, as far as loud there all loud and the other brand took care of it ASAP. You have a Talon, be happy!I have a P1 and happy with it somewhat, it took a lot of money and way too many trips in for recalls. And no Honda owner has broken an axel?

Reactions: Isaiah
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I didn't mention the weeks my P1 was in the shop getting 3 clutches replaced and the other mutable recalls, as far as loud there all loud and the other brand took care of it ASAP. You have a Talon, be happy!
Everything has recalls, and Honda fixed their clutch problem. That’s a risk we take when we buy first year models...

Yes, I’m happy to have a Talon, but I will be happier when I get a 25% IGR installed and front lockers....😎

Reactions: ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Everything has recalls, and Honda fixed their clutch problem. That’s a risk we take when we buy first year models...

Yes, I’m happy to have a Talon, but I will be happier when I get a 25% IGR installed and front lockers....😎
SEE! What I mean, Honda's take an investment to get it right and you probably haven't touched the shocks yet. There's a couple brands that come prewired for all kinds of accessories, including blanked out switch panel, that all you do is buy the plug and play accessories and buy the toggle switch, I won't mention those brands either.

Reactions: Isaiah and ChadD
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
SEE! What I mean, Honda's take an investment to get it right and you probably haven't touched the shocks yet. There's a couple brands that come prewired for all kinds of accessories, including blanked out switch panel, that all you do is buy the plug and play accessories and buy the toggle switch, I won't mention those brands either.
I don’t need to touch the shocks...
So have you been poisoned on Honda by the dirty dozen.....😂

Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Honda has always been a no bells and whistles manufacturer in the ATV market, compared to the other big manufacturers. They’ve historically been under powered compared to the competition. Their brand had always been reliable, tough as nails utilitarian machines that last forever if taken care of. I’m new to the UTV game so I can’t offer a ton of insight but it sounds like Honda is still no bells and whistles but may have slipped some in the tough as nails, reliable department on their entry into the UTV market but I have confidence that they will get the kinks ironed out. Definitely still under powered compared to some of the other UTV brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda has always been a no bells and whistles manufacturer in the ATV market, compared to the other big manufacturers. They’ve historically been under powered compared to the competition. Their brand had always been reliable, tough as nails utilitarian machines that last forever if taken care of. I’m new to the UTV game so I can’t offer a ton of insight but it sounds like Honda is still no bells and whistles but may have slipped some in the tough as nails, reliable department on their entry into the UTV market but I have confidence that they will get the kinks ironed out. Definitely still under powered compared to some of the other UTV brands.

I sure hope so, as of now they are sucking eggs!

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The wider fender flares are the only interesting upgrade IMO. They forgot to put them on the rear though. I would rather buy the rest aftermarket

I would absolutely buy wider factory fender flares. Especially for the back. Just can’t bring myself to bolt on the mud flap looking ones that while functional look just awful.

G

Gunsite Guy

Apr 19, 2021
Trinidad, Co
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
A very new guy here. I got to this thread searching for info on Fender Flares. I have a 2020 P500 that desperately needs them with the new 27" tires. I have a 2021 P1000-3 D also but still in build mode. I would like to ask what is the "A" answer for these machines, in particular the P500.

Thanks in advance.

s/f Steve

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!