Talon Honda OEM Glass Windshield (Talon X4)

C

CI2azy-CI2az

Nov 4, 2019
Virginia
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Not sure if its just cause I am new or lost on this site at the moment. Lots of great information, but not sure if this has been posted yet. I have a Talon X4.. and got the OEM glass windshield and wiper kit.

I cannot seem to find anything solid on the installation of the wiper kit with the wiring/switch plate. I have found other great information on installation of everything else, thanks to most of you here!!

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: BWAF
H

HondaTech

Here's the Wiper Installation Instructions, ill also post them in the sticky thread at the top with the rest of the Talon Accessory Instructions.

Attachments

• Windshield Wiper.pdf
    965 bytes · Views: 310
Reactions: ohanacreek
All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here's the Wiper Installation Instructions, ill also post them in the sticky thread at the top with the rest of the Talon Accessory Instructions.
Hi,
I cannot open the file, but have my instructions for wiper install, probably the same. Anyway, today install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help you can give, want to get this done.....

H

HondaTech

Hi,
I cannot open the file, but have my instructions for wiper install, probably the same. Anyway, today install was going good, til we got to the electrical. I did not buy the optional switch plate w/wiring harness because I do not want it - not adding anything more, and like and use the cubby that it takes over. So.....is there any reason I cannot finish the install with the supplied wiring harness that came with the kit? Instructions say " Connect the switch to the large black connector on the wiring harness and connect the small black connector to an available two-pin connector on the switch harness." Is there an available two-pin connector already there and just cannot find? Somehow, thought Honda had one somewhere. It just seems the kit should be complete and ready to go - am I missing something here? Thanks for any help you can give, want to get this done.....

All you'd need is power and ground I believe. Its been awhile since I've installed one, but the two pin connector from the switch panel is on a relay and fused. You could easily do that as well, but shouldn't need a relay.

The switch panel kit is their way to make the process simpler and locating the switches in an easy location. Its alot better than the Pioneer setup was.

Reactions: Smitty335
All5Hondas

All5Hondas

Always Honda
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2019
Mountains
Ownership

1. Talon X
ok, yes, understand their idea on the switch panel, helps those that add lights, stereo, etc. Just thought there was already an accessory connector somewhere, like for a winch maybe? that we could connect that two pin to.......will keep thinking..........thanks!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!