P1000 Honda OEM windsheild wiper

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Hi all
I am looking to get a winsheild wiper. Drove around in drizzle all day yesterday and was no fun driving with my head out the window so I could see.
The OEM is about 300.00. The wiper for the 700 was about 180, but only has a swing of @140 degrees.

Can anyone tell me if the wiper for the 1000 will swing the full 180 degrees or not?
If it does, I may buy it, but if not will buy another one made for the 700 and save some money.

Thanks

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all
I am looking to get a winsheild wiper. Drove around in drizzle all day yesterday and was no fun driving with my head out the window so I could see.
The OEM is about 300.00. The wiper for the 700 was about 180, but only has a swing of @140 degrees.

Can anyone tell me if the wiper for the 1000 will swing the full 180 degrees or not?
If it does, I may buy it, but if not will buy another one made for the 700 and save some money.

Thanks
rainx for plastic works wonders, or the standard rainx if you have glass

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Nope it goes 140 degrees on mine
Thanks for the reply!
I have been looking around for any wiper that goes to 180 degree sweep and can't find any. 140 degree is about the best I can find, so I think I will order the one for the 700.

Thanks

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
rainx for plastic works wonders, or the standard rainx if you have glass

Great idea
Use it on my car, why not the Pioneer?
Plan to rain x it tonight til I can afford the wiper motor.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great idea
Use it on my car, why not the Pioneer?
Plan to rain x it tonight til I can afford the wiper motor.
What window do you have ? I read the standard stuff will ruin the hard coat plastic

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
What window do you have ? I read the standard stuff will ruin the hard coat plastic
Glass. I put the Rain X on it last night. Probably won't see any rain for a while, but we are getting snow so I may get a chance to test it if the windsheild gets warm enough. Otherwise it should be ready for spring.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so the stuff for use on plastic ok on a hardcoat wind sheild?
Yes , I put on 1 coat and it works great. My riding buddy uses it on his wildcat, and has zero issues for last 6 months. Also has the hardcoat

advertisement
C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
I held up on the wiper option on both of mine, I went with the glass windshields and I am going to try the rain x deal first and see how it goes.

There is more to the cost then just the wiper kit. You need to read the foot notes, the wiper kit is around $300 bucks, but in the foot notes it indicates you must all have the aux switch panel to make the wiper kit work, that adds another $300-400 bucks on top of that wiper kit $300. So for about $700 bucks per machine, I am trying the Rain X trick first and see what happens.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I held up on the wiper option on both of mine, I went with the glass windshields and I am going to try the rain x deal first and see how it goes.

There is more to the cost then just the wiper kit. You need to read the foot notes, the wiper kit is around $300 bucks, but in the foot notes it indicates you must all have the aux switch panel to make the wiper kit work, that adds another $300-400 bucks on top of that wiper kit $300. So for about $700 bucks per machine, I am trying the Rain X trick first and see what happens.
I already have my winsheild wiper switch wired up, just need a wiper motor and arm to hook it to. Will probably but the one designed for the 700 and just put a longer blade on it. I can't see paying the additional money for the 1000 version if there is no difference in how it works.
The rain x does seem to work pretty good in a decent rain, but does not work well in a drizzle or mist.

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
I already have my winsheild wiper switch wired up, just need a wiper motor and arm to hook it to. Will probably but the one designed for the 700 and just put a longer blade on it. I can't see paying the additional money for the 1000 version if there is no difference in how it works.
The rain x does seem to work pretty good in a decent rain, but does not work well in a drizzle or mist.
I just bought a Honda 1000 wiper kit without the auxiliary switch panel, since I already have a switch panel installed. Can anyone tell me how to wire this thing up? Do you need more than just a two pole switch to turn it on and off? Thanks in advance for any help.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I just bought a Honda 1000 wiper kit without the auxiliary switch panel, since I already have a switch panel installed. Can anyone tell me how to wire this thing up? Do you need more than just a two pole switch to turn it on and off? Thanks in advance for any help.
Give this a try. I also want to know what the difference is between your 1000 wiper, and the wiper for the 700. Is it a duel speed unit or something?

Wiper Wiring Diagram

D

DRB

Oct 28, 2015
Give this a try. I also want to know what the difference is between your 1000 wiper, and the wiper for the 700. Is it a duel speed unit or something?

Wiper Wiring Diagram
Thanks for the reply. I don't know the difference between the two. The switch Honda included has six poles, which may somehow give it two speeds. I already have a relay block installed so it should work, according to your diagram. If it does not, I'll wire a separate relay like you suggested and see if that works. I tried it earlier by hooking up the black wire to ground and the red to power. The wiper worked, but I failed to realize it has to return to the park position. I won't be able to work on it until next week, but I will let you know what happens. Again, thanks for your reply and help.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Yes - that diagram works for the P1000 wiper. Mine is installed.
I am using my own 3 position switch that has Off / Wiper on / Washer (momentary). The honda supplied switch is a DPDT switch - one set of 3 terminals controls the motor and one actives the park mechanism. There is no 2 speed.

I'd like to have intermittent timer or a mist button.
I was out on a misty day and needed a wipe about ever 10 seconds (yes Jackal - a windshield wipe LOL). We get a lot of that weather here. With this switch that means on/off every 10 seconds or leave it running - which drives me nuts for some reason.

Reactions: Starman
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Yes - that diagram works for the P1000 wiper. Mine is installed.
I am using my own 3 position switch that has Off / Wiper on / Washer (momentary). The honda supplied switch is a DPDT switch - one set of 3 terminals controls the motor and one actives the park mechanism. There is no 2 speed.

I'd like to have intermittent timer or a mist button.
I was out on a misty day and needed a wipe about ever 10 seconds (yes Jackal - a windshield wipe LOL). We get a lot of that weather here. With this switch that means on/off every 10 seconds or leave it running - which drives me nuts for some reason.
I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the wiper for the 700 and the 1000. The 1000 is much more expensive, $299.00 vs $179.00. I was just going to buy the 700 unit but don't want to miss anything.
Any ideas what the difference may be?

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I am trying to figure out what the difference is between the wiper for the 700 and the 1000. The 1000 is much more expensive, $199.00 vs $179.00. I was just going to buy the 700 pen but don't want to miss anything.
Any ideas what the difference may be?
I don't know but I'm guessing the wiper blade and arm might be longer. Maybe a stronger motor for the extra size.
Even if the mounting holes are the same size and location, I would not want a smaller blade.
Just a guess...

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
I don't know but I'm guessing the wiper blade and arm might be longer. Maybe a stronger motor for the extra size.
Even if the mounting holes are the same size and location, I would not want a smaller blade.
Just a guess...
Makes sense that the blade would be longer,and that may mean a bigger motor.
Thanks for the feedback

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md

u don't need switch panel or any of that other junk just wire it like u would anything else. So u are saying that the wiper blade on the 1000's don't go 180 deg or just the 700"s. and if they don't that causes a problem with your view. I was going to get one but doing rains thing just like u guys so far working well but I was going to get wiper and aftermarket washer kit off ebay and bak it work but I don't like the idea of it not being 180 deg thanks for your time

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!