Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bet they are mad because the competition found out juicy details 6months ahead of when Honda planned on them finding out publicly. Giving the competition 6months additional time to adapt their product and marketing. I am sure Hondas lawyers and accountants are figuring the theoretical numbers for lost sales based on that into the lawsuit. They obviously had a lot of people sign NDAs to be able to have very detailed information to make accessories and write up articles. Those people weren't stupid and didn't violate them.

I am not picking sides, just trying to be a realist, I've seen what the company I work for legally does and has done to protect their product and customer base, from dishonorable or unethical attacks. I am really proud than in 8 years I haven't even heard whispers of them doing something sketchy, illegal, or unethical and that if they found out an employee did something like that they came forward and revealed what the ex-employee did and the company paid the fines before it was caught and revealed after they hid it.

I've seen what lawyers for other corporations much smaller than the one I work for have done to small businesses out of spite even if they couldn't make an NDA lawsuit stick. I really don't like lawyers (unless they are defending me from other lawyers) I don't always agree with the law or the fact that a company can lose more than a small business is worth to kill that small business. Its legal though so if you sign an NDA its always best to not start a fight with someone who can lose and still win.

Yes the Minivan was absolute s***, but the west coast seems to be the focus of Honda even with the Talon, so us east coast guys may have to go elsewhere to get what we want. That may end up even being a competitors sport sxs since we don't seem to be their target audience. The Talon seems to be aimed at desert use not use in the woods, to me it seems like the X was an afterthought and the R was the main design. Realistically who wants to pay only $1000 less and get 6" less suspension travel which will be a benefit in rocky terrain as much as desert. (Edit: yes could say the R was “Only $1000 more for 6” more travel” but if you’re not the target coast then it appears the other way around ) If they had a youth sxs I'd be looking at it instead of a RZR170 for mine.

I'm a Honda fanboy but lets be real.
I'd just self represent. Let them waste their time and money. It's pretty simple. They can only break you if you let them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'd just self represent. Let them waste their time and money. It's pretty simple. They can only break you if you let them.

Maybe, but how much time can you spend in SC court away from a career say in Colorado? Make a trip to appear, be there 15 minutes and they get a continuance. Just shuffling a guy around from home to court could break someone that lives far away after a dozen trips.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Maybe, but how much time can you spend in SC court away from a career say in Colorado? Make a trip to appear, be there 15 minutes and they get a continuance. Just shuffling a guy around from home to court could break someone that lives far away after a dozen trips.
I dont disagree. However there are laws regarding where the lawsuit takes place. The lawsuit takes place in the state where an offense was committed. So if they were to come after a website, what state does that take place?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't spend a lot of time in R&D facilities but it seems like this suggests they can't figure out who took the photos? Those areas weren't monitored with video, audio and a guest log?

The pictures were of new units in a warehouse on crates...not like it was an open semi driving down the highway. If there was restricted access this isn't rocket science.

I can't believe a company as big as Honda can't keep their information locked down any tighter than that. I call BS. This seems like an odd publicity stunt.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I dont disagree. However there are laws regarding where the lawsuit takes place. The lawsuit takes place in the state where an offense was committed. So if they were to come after a website, what state does that take place?

Interesting point, the big offense as I see it is where were those machines physically located when the photos were taken? If its inside a Honda facility (which appears likely) that location could be identified. And the person who took the photos in violation of their employment or contract policies is SOL if identified.

On that note I have copied and posted in this forum from over 40 states while in my travels, some threads have had replies from 5 different states in the same day. Mostly just BS nonsense in the MEME thread but some not. I'm just an old fart with too much time on his hands.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting point, the big offense as I see it is where were those machines physically located when the photos were taken? If its inside a Honda facility (which appears likely) that location could be identified. And the person who took the photos in violation of their employment or contract policies is SOL if identified.

On that note I have copied and posted in this forum from over 40 states while in my travels, some threads have had replies from 5 different states in the same day. Mostly just BS nonsense in the MEME thread but some not. I'm just an old fart with too much time on his hands.
Are you worried you're going to end up on the other end of the Billy club?o_O

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Are you worried you're going to end up on the other end of the Billy club?o_O
Not really, never worked for Honda, or contracted for them, never been on any of thier facilities grounds. Closest person I knew in Honda was Bruce Ogilvie who was over the Off Road Division he helped me when racing ATC's in 1985 & 1986, he passed away in 2006. I have no other ties to Honda other than being a fan and powersports customer since 1974. If being an enthusiastic fan and sharing what was already on the internet is a crime well that's a hell of a way to treat people. Seriously if at any time someone had sent me a message private or public to cease and desist I would have complied. Not trying to make enemies.

If Honda wants to calculate potential losses, how much did they lose by not putting the machines out at the end of 2015 instead of waiting 3 years, they could have increased market share by 50% over current levels had people had the option.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand

In which case the suit will be a SC suit unless the contract states otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't spend a lot of time in R&D facilities but it seems like this suggests they can't figure out who took the photos? Those areas weren't monitored with video, audio and a guest log?

The pictures were of new units in a warehouse on crates...not like it was an open semi driving down the highway. If there was restricted access this isn't rocket science.

I can't believe a company as big as Honda can't keep their information locked down any tighter than that. I call BS. This seems like an odd publicity stunt.
Hmm, sounds reasonable....

Reactions: BWAF and dnjones161
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not really, never worked for Honda, or contracted for them, never been on any of thier facilities grounds. Closest person I knew in Honda was Bruce Ogilvie who was over the Off Road Division he helped me when racing ATC's in 1985 & 1986, he passed away in 2006. I have no other ties to Honda other than being a fan and powersports customer since 1974. If being an enthusiastic fan and sharing what was already on the internet is a crime well that's a hell of a way to treat people. Seriously if at any time someone had sent me a message private or public to cease and desist I would have complied. Not trying to make enemies.

If Honda wants to calculate potential losses, how much did they lose by not putting the machines out at the end of 2015 instead of waiting 3 years, they could have increased market share by 50% over current levels had people had the option.
I think Honda's R & D dept. needs an over haul! They put products out and use the public for R & D! And didn't want another P1. Mines been in 4 times, 2 for clutches, 1 for excessive heat in the cab and muffler modification and needs to go back for the air boot check, that makes 5. That's a lot of time to take off work to take back to the dealer, for something that's not a necesssity for substaing life. At least it didn't burn to the ground on the trail!o_O

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
9584FCF5 39A7 43EB 9633 82E3109EF5A9
Does Robert Mueller know about this ?[/QUOTE]
Solved...a multi- million dollar investigation has revealed an unidentifed source confirmed the words do exist in the Russian language.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is pretty serious for those that are involved and shouldn’t be brushed off as insignificant....and those involved will be found. Honda will not back off for three reasons.

1. Sets an example for current employees and contractors.

2. Leaks like this are killing companies not only in lost sales but the enormous amounts of R+D bucks that are not recovered.

3. It is theft of company intellectual property pure and simple.

In my current occupation as a engineer, I’m held to very high standards for keeping the company secrets internal. If I were to bring in a contractor and they posted sensitive company secrets you can bet I’d be in a lot of hot water as well as the contractor.

In a digital world where everyone carries a recording and photo device that can upload to the web in a millisecond, every second counts for companies that are trying to be first to market with their products.

Typically when I bring a contractor into my locations I require them to leave their electronics in a basket at the plant entrance. If photos are needed I will provide them with internally approved photos if needed.

Most companies now require that only upper level managers can have cell phones out on their production floors, and anyone that is not part of that select group could be termed immediately if caught with one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!