Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is pretty serious for those that are involved and shouldn’t be brushed off as insignificant....and those involved will be found. Honda will not back off for three reasons.

1. Sets an example for current employees and contractors.

2. Leaks like this are killing companies not only in lost sales but the enormous amounts of R+D bucks that are not recovered.

3. It is theft of company intellectual property pure and simple.

In my current occupation as a engineer, I’m held to very high standards for keeping the company secrets internal. If I were to bring in a contractor and they posted sensitive company secrets you can bet I’d be in a lot of hot water as well as the contractor.

In a digital world where everyone carries a recording and photo device that can upload to the web in a millisecond, every second counts for companies that are trying to be first to market with their products.

Typically when I bring a contractor into my locations I require them to leave their electronics in a basket at the plant entrance. If photos are needed I will provide them with internally approved photos if needed.

Most companies now require that only upper level managers can have cell phones out on their production floors, and anyone that is not part of that select group could be termed immediately if caught with one.
We work in a Prat Whitney plant and security is very tight.

Reactions: Vikes79 and BWAF
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Too bad Honda lawyers don't have anything else to do but try to justify their jobs.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Too bad Honda lawyers don't have anything else to do but try to justify their jobs.

To be brutally honest, this is why companies have teams of lawyers.

All companies are being atacked on all fronts, including the legal realm.

My job as an engineer is no different. If I’m not returning the company money in terms of operations efficiency and labor reductions (IE justifying my position), I’m out the door and the company is out of business as their competitors are certainly not holding back.

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm thinking, with Honda engineers taking so long to develop a Sport S x S it was really hard for them and they got there feelings hurt with the leaks. HA!

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
To be brutally honest, this is why companies have teams of lawyers.

All companies are being atacked on all fronts, including the legal realm.

My job as an engineer is no different. If I’m not returning the company money in terms of operations efficiency and labor reductions (IE justifying my position), I’m out the door and the company is out of business as their competitors are certainly not holding back.

Their competitors may not be holding back but Honda has for years. I’m not sure any aspect of the talon that the competition didn’t already know about or care to steal.

J

JTW

Their competitors may not be holding back but Honda has for years. I’m not sure any aspect of the talon that the competition didn’t already know about or care to steal.
So true... I mean the geared transmission is the ONLY thing Honda has the others don’t. And in reality time will tell if that was/is a good move or not.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Like the RZR Turbo S 168 HP, That's crazy for the woods. I would love for Honda to come out with a P1 with great suspension!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What I don't understand, Honda's first year Sport is probably going to be a little behind the other mgr's and without the leaks, we wouldn't have known there really was going to be a Talon. I wonder how many people knowing the Talon was coming waited to buy the Talon instead of another sport brand?

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
Maybe Honda Pro Kevins?

I would think if anything it Helped Honda... gave people who were looking to upgrage their machine the insight that something new was coming... so if they were honda fans they could wait to see instead of buying something else

Ding ding ding what do we have for her johnny

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!