Resource icon

P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Oil Change Guide!

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I told him just you your hand , I do t know why I'm so mad now :) , .at be bc I found this pioneer for him and he is raping it now brutally :)))

It hurts to see those holes and damaged bolts

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
He save 4 k , bought 2017 with 94 miles on it for 14.5k Deluxe 5 seater.
Will install winch today on it, to be able to load it on a trailer . He drained all new replaced oil on the floor today. I'm screaming in my head.

• Wow
Reactions: ohanacreek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
WARNING!!!!
PLEASE USE APPROPRIATE TOOLS TO TORQUE TO SPECS THOSE OIL FILTER COVER BOLTS.
My neighbor got new p1000 and said he wanted to do it like pro mechanic and had only this 1/2 torque wrench that starts with 10 ftlb , he thought by twisting the dial lower he can lower torque effort . He bended/twisted 2 out of 3 bolts and decapitated the third bolt. He blamed our forum guy on the video :) who said that specs are 9 ftlb instead.

But I told him that he used light house grown big cucumber to f... small rabbit instead of using baby carrot :((((. Sorry. I was mad at him not even asking if doubt.
I said get left handed easy out bits , he got them. I told wait for me, im back from work in 4 hours, instead he found leather punch not metal punch, did not punch properly and started to drill the broken bolt and went towards engine housing , the hole looks like triangle now, bolt still there . I'm pissed now. And told him to take it to dealer , bc the engineView attachment 206666View attachment 206667View attachment 206668 needs to come off, its not possible to do anything since space is limited and direction changed .

Please send a pics of your tools to your friends who have more experience with such type of work versus trying to continue to screw up more and have costly repairs . Don't fffff rabbit with cucumbers :))).

Lol.. is that a 3/4 inch drive? Lol.

I must advise against using a torque wrench at all for the oil filter caps.
Use a 1/4 inch drive small ratchet and feel them out, hand tight plus a hair more.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Cant find my pic of my broken 1/2 breaker bar with a 10mm socket. :-(

• Haha
Reactions: JTW
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol.. is that a 3/4 inch drive? Lol.

I must advise against using a torque wrench at all for the oil filter caps.
Use a 1/4 inch drive small ratchet and feel them out, hand tight plus a hair more.
F .. no, go bigger, its 1/2

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would try it, but he drilled into the wall , so now the hole is uneven and if i fill it with steel , won't be able to turn.

Agree, I meant this was 1/2 not 3/8 drive. Agree again, I told him too. He does not want to deal with dealer and takes it to a handyman he found

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: ohanacreek and JTW
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
How do you like the mirror? Just saw the box behind the oil bottles.;) Do you think the roll cage cargo bag would reduce visibility ?
I put the roll cage bags just above the back rest below my rear window. Correct up high I didn't like it cause it blocked view. mirror is ok I guess. Nothing to complain about.

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Fire305

Jun 30, 2020
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looked everywhere and I can’t find where the washer that came with oil change kit goes on the filter. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

Reactions: Smitty335

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't lose your oil filter springs!!! And don't forget to put them back in, and make sure you install the filters with the correct side inward!!!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you so much for the guide I just did my first oil change yesterday!

IMG 20200804 174702 IMG 20200804 174323

R

rickoshea

i stripped the oil tank bolt trying to remove it.i think i over torqued it going by the manual last oil change.of course my stripped metric bolt remover kit is not up here at the cottage so i'm waiting on amazon to deliver me one.until then i'm just refilling it and sacrificing a jug of oil.good thing i did the other bolt first and i'm only out a couple liters.

H

Hotlz

Aug 22, 2020
Pelican rapids, mn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haven't done my first oil change yet, but when I do I'll be following these instructions and video. Thanks much!

One small detail - the materials needed call for a 1/8" drive ratchet for the filter covers. I believe in the video he's using a 1/4" drive he said. Might want to update that.

Rod

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd just like to say thank you Hondasxs again for this guide. Since 2016 I still refer to it for a quick guide on my P1K no matter how many times I've done this. 👍
I agree. Otherwise I would mix up that sub trans and oil drain plug :p

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!