Resource icon

P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Oil Change Guide!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Which link?
Checked a few and they all work.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ditto, just checking several myself. They all work for me too.

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Alright, I would like to know how many of us had to use more than the 6.1-6.2 quarts to reach the top of the full level on the dipstick? Because I am at about 6.3(6 quarts, 9 ounces) and just at the bottom of the dipstick. I had to walk away. Going to wait 15 minutes and go check it again.

Reactions: JTW
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did u crank it up let it run for a minute once u hit the 6.1 mark let it set then go back recheck mine was spot on at 6.1 im sure u have done this but check for leaks at drain plug

JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did u crank it up let it run for a minute once u hit the 6.1 mark let it set then go back recheck mine was spot on at 6.1 im sure u have done this but check for leaks at drain plug

I did. 6.3 made it to the full line.

Walked away. Ate lunch came back 30 minutes later and it measured full. Guess you just have to wait a bit for the oil to drain back in for a accurate measurement

Reactions: Tundra20
JEP

JEP

May 4, 2015
Western PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you a Tundra guy too? As soon as I am done servicing the Pioneer, I am bringing my Tundra in for a wash. I saw this morning they are finally working on a new engine to get better gas mileage. Going the Ford route, V6 with turbos.

J

JTW

Alright, I would like to know how many of us had to use more than the 6.1-6.2 quarts to reach the top of the full level on the dipstick? Because I am at about 6.3(6 quarts, 9 ounces) and just at the bottom of the dipstick. I had to walk away. Going to wait 15 minutes and go check it again.
I was like you just a couple weeks ago... I was careful to measure it all out. Followed the procedure half a dozen times and was like WTF?? Talked to several guys and everyone said theirs held more too!

Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Going the Ford route, V6 with turbos.

Ya I’m tundra fella I love mine does everything I need it to but yes gas mileage stinks but I didn’t buy it for fuel mileage :rolleyes:

Reactions: JTW
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Is anyone using any engine / transmission other oil than Honda? Anyone running Amzoil? What is everyone running in the diffs?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@BlackHawk328

Reactions: Pilgrim
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I’m running 20w-50. Seems to have smoothed the shift a little, still noisy as hell.

R

Rickyjo09

May 17, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Getting ready to do my first oil change. Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Reactions: JACKAL
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WARNING!!!!
PLEASE USE APPROPRIATE TOOLS TO TORQUE TO SPECS THOSE OIL FILTER COVER BOLTS.
My neighbor got new p1000 and said he wanted to do it like pro mechanic and had only this 1/2 torque wrench that starts with 10 ftlb , he thought by twisting the dial lower he can lower torque effort . He bended/twisted 2 out of 3 bolts and decapitated the third bolt. He blamed our forum guy on the video :) who said that specs are 9 ftlb instead.

But I told him that he used light house grown big cucumber to f... small rabbit instead of using baby carrot :((((. Sorry. I was mad at him not even asking if doubt.
I said get left handed easy out bits , he got them. I told wait for me, im back from work in 4 hours, instead he found leather punch not metal punch, did not punch properly and started to drill the broken bolt and went towards engine housing , the hole looks like triangle now, bolt still there . I'm pissed now. And told him to take it to dealer , bc the engine 20200606 16171520200606 16235620200606 162400 needs to come off, its not possible to do anything since space is limited and direction changed .

Please send a pics of your tools to your friends who have more experience with such type of work versus trying to continue to screw up more and have costly repairs . Don't fffff rabbit with cucumbers :))).

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WARNING!!!!
PLEASE USE APPROPRIATE TOOLS TO TORQUE TO SPECS THOSE OIL FILTER COVER BOLTS.
My neighbor got new p1000 and said he wanted to do it like pro mechanic and had only this 1/2 torque wrench that starts with 10 ftlb , he thought by twisting the dial lower he can lower torque effort . He bended/twisted 2 out of 3 bolts and decapitated the third bolt. He blamed our forum guy on the video :) who said that specs are 9 ftlb instead.

But I told him that he used light house grown big cucumber to f... small rabbit instead of using baby carrot :((((. Sorry. I was mad at him not even asking if doubt.
I said get left handed easy out bits , he got them. I told wait for me, im back from work in 4 hours, instead he found leather punch not metal punch, did not punch properly and started to drill the broken bolt and went towards engine housing , the hole looks like triangle now, bolt still there . I'm pissed now. And told him to take it to dealer , bc the engineView attachment 206666View attachment 206667View attachment 206668 needs to come off, its not possible to do anything since space is limited and direction changed .

Please send a pics of your tools to your friends who have more experience with such type of work versus trying to continue to screw up more and have costly repairs . Don't fffff rabbit with cucumbers :))).

It’s also the NMeter spec NOT the Lbft spec manual has a typo.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!