P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

P1k

P1k

Oct 7, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's a few pictures of what I come up with for a snorkel

IMG 0073 IMG 0075 IMG 0078 IMG 0072

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought one of those ebay snorkel kit comes ready to go super simple to install instructions are awesome u will b happy with it i was riding in water over the hood this last weekend no problems
I also got the one off e-bay and hope you can answer a couple of questions for me. Did you have to remove the bottom section that goes under the seat to get the snorkel to fit ? And where is the gas vent tube at to add the longer hose ? Hope you can help, Thanks

Reactions: dotman1
catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also got the one off e-bay and hope you can answer a couple of questions for me. Did you have to remove the bottom section that goes under the seat to get the snorkel to fit ? And where is the gas vent tube at to add the longer hose ? Hope you can help, Thanks
The instructions tell you exactly what to take off A couple plastics under the bed you'll have to take your seat off and disconnect all the tubing going to the airbox where your filter is thats where you will be connecting your new house to The gas tank air vent line disconnects from your gas tank and you connect the new one to it and run it up with The new snorkel hose going up between your bed and the back of the passenger seat super simple comes ready to go

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The instructions tell you exactly what to take off A couple plastics under the bed you'll have to take your seat off and disconnect all the tubing going to the airbox where your filter is thats where you will be connecting your new house to The gas tank air vent line disconnects from your gas tank and you connect the new one to it and run it up with The new snorkel hose going up between your bed and the back of the passenger seat super simple comes ready to go
Thanks for your reply, I got the tank hose on but was concerned with the hard plastic breather hose that went under the seat and I had to remove it to get the new snorkel kit on., Just trying to make sure I had it done correctly.

catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for your reply, I got the tank hose on but was concerned with the hard plastic breather hose that went under the seat and I had to remove it to get the new snorkel kit on., Just trying to make sure I had it done correctly.
No worries you're welcome yes you did right use the same factory clip to clip on the new house

Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Apr 17, 2017
Clayton, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 Pioneer 1000-5. Used 2 in pipe. Cutting plastic was required. Bed works like normal. View attachment 18880 View attachment 18883

Is there any chance you have pics of what you had to cut? This is EXACTLY what I want to do to mine. Best I've seen in my opinion, no offense to anyone else. Only thing I wonder is if using the 2" pipe will make any difference compared to the 21/2 or 3 that some others are using.

Is there any chance you have a parts list on it? And any "if I had to do it again" advice? Thanks

Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Apr 17, 2017
Clayton, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Do you have any pics of what you cut on the bed for your snorkel? Weighing between your setup and one that M1MS has. I really like the look and fit of that and I think it will be more beneficial than the stealth under hood way I was leaning. I've read too much about the really hot air coming from the dash area, and that makes me wonder if it's a good idea to have the air intake up in there sucking in that hot air. Just realized the one M1MS has is on a 1000-5 and mine's a 1000-3 so I don't know if that will make a difference in fitment or routing.

Also, not sure if you have posted it anywhere already that I haven't seen, but do you have a parts list of what you used? And like I asked him, is there any "if I had to do it again" advice you would give? And finally, do you think the 2" pipe vs 2.5 or 3 that some others are using makes a difference?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm new and this is my first SXS so I'm just trying to get it all figured out. Dang thing is too expensive to let something stupid happen from a less than optimum design from the factory.

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is there any chance you have pics of what you had to cut? This is EXACTLY what I want to do to mine. Best I've seen in my opinion, no offense to anyone else. Only thing I wonder is if using the 2" pipe will make any difference compared to the 21/2 or 3 that some others are using.

Is there any chance you have a parts list on it? And any "if I had to do it again" advice? Thanks
I have detailed pictures on my page

Honda Pioneer 1000 Seat Heat Solutions

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's on a 1000-5 though. I have a 3. I'd also rather have the solid pvc tubing. $150 is a bit steeper than what I'm wanting to put into it, but I appreciate the input and pics.
Oh ok sorry didn't realize you where talking to someone else.

Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy

Apr 17, 2017
Clayton, NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone have any idea what was cut in order to fit the hard pvc type snorkel coming up between the bed and cab?

J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just finished my snorkel, rerouted all vent lines except for radiator overflow ( installed fish tank bubbler) . I used the flexible kit from eBay. I can say that from a long history of atv and sxs that my pioneer 1000-5 is the most difficult one to work on to date. I also done the 10hr service and do not want to see another push pin for a at least a week or 3. Anyway I removed the section of factory snorkle that connects to breather box and placed caps on the top and end that was left to keep debris out of them. It's hot here so took off the windshield and rear panel. Snorkel isn't loud at all, I can only hear it for split second right at wot shifts. I think I'll be happy with everything, the Atwood fan is doing it's job well. I just hope I will never need to work on this thing in the woods. The mid type engine just harder to get to than the Rzr and ranger. The 2 rhinos I had were easier than all

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got any pics of your snorkel and I'm with you on the push pins HaHa

Reactions: Nipper
B

Brewtus

Apr 8, 2017
Brighton, Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm going to show my ignorance but it is more of a concern. I installed the high lifter snorkel on my rig. My question is, do I need not to filter the intake in anyway? I am concerned about dusty trails, etc. Thanks in advance.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm going to show my ignorance but it is more of a concern. I installed the high lifter snorkel on my rig. My question is, do I need not to filter the intake in anyway? I am concerned about dusty trails, etc. Thanks in advance.

It wouldn't hurt to do so if you use a large enough filter so it doesn't restrict air flow.

I haven't used the pre filter since mine was new and I haven't had any issues.

Reactions: pct
S

silverbullet

Oct 23, 2016
Leitchfield, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All you gotta do is find that hose. The rest is 8 bucks worth of PVC connectors, hose clamps, and cable ties. I'd be glad to make copies of the installation instructions
Please send me the installation instructions and parts needed. Thanks in advance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!