P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
This is slightly off topic but maybe we can test our "Honda Pioneer 1000 snorkel kits" around Newton MS? It's a 4 hour drive for me and I'd have to do it on a work trip.
I wish I could, but I fly in to the airport and back out in about 2 hours.

Reactions: joeymt33
Bradmc87

Bradmc87

Jan 5, 2016
Conehatta, Mississippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Untitled1
Joey I have over 500 acres of private land to ride on about 10 min from Newton on our family land. Im currently on active duty (Army) in DC and I come home AUGUST 14th I believe. I've been gone for about a year, I'd miss you by a couple of days, I would love to get up a ride, got plenty of places to test the snorkel out in a rock bottom creek just a mile from my house!

Check out the vid it was when I went home in April for a few days.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sounds great! I'm sure we can hook up sometime. Me and @DGann work there at Tyson every couple of months so I'll keep you posted.

Thank you!

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also, they claim to re-vent trans AND crankcase. Crankcase vent? I must have missed this... Or, it's generic lingo for all their prods....

D

Dasmoeturhead

I was wondering what type of intake ATV''s have. I don't think I've ever seen a ATV with a snorkle. The ATV air intakes must be way lower to the ground than our P1's, so why don't they have water ingestion problems? Or do they? I snorkled my P1 just in case I need it, but I wold like to see how ATV's differ.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was wondering what type of intake ATV''s have. I don't think I've ever seen a ATV with a snorkle. The ATV air intakes must be way lower to the ground than our P1's, so why don't they have water ingestion problems? Or do they? I snorkled my P1 just in case I need it, but I wold like to see how ATV's differ.
My foreman's intake is under the gas tank. I've seen several foreman's snorkeled.

Reactions: catwalking
D

Dasmoeturhead

My foreman's intake is under the gas tank. I've seen several foreman's snorkeled.
Ok, that makes sense. I've never really noticed an atv with one. I'm sure there out there like you said. The P1 is my 1st of this type of vehicle. Never had an ATV, just motorcycles .
I wonder why Honda decided to put the P1's intake up front and pretty much exposed. I would have put it behind the seat where the air box and filter are now. Not trying to out smart the Honda Engineers, but Jeez!

Reactions: JTH and joeymt33

May 14, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, that makes sense. I've never really noticed an atv with one. I'm sure there out there like you said. The P1 is my 1st of this type of vehicle. Never had an ATV, just motorcycles .
I wonder why Honda decided to put the P1's intake up front and pretty much exposed. I would have put it behind the seat where the air box and filter are now. Not trying to out smart the Honda Engineers, but Jeez!
Clean air.
Some other mfg. units have had "dusting" issues with some resulting in motor failure.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Not much of my own ideas here - just a frankendesign using other peoples ideas.

IMG 3109 IMG 3112 IMG 3120 IMG 3121

I tied all my vents together and ran a single hose up behind the drivers head. Terminates inside a capped irrigation pipe with some filter material to keep junk and bugs out.
Ran another one behind passenger's head for the gas tank vent.
IMG 3104 IMG 3106

rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not much of my own ideas here - just a frankendesign using other peoples ideas.

View attachment 20683 View attachment 20684 View attachment 20685 View attachment 20686

I tied all my vents together and ran a single hose up behind the drivers head. Terminates inside a capped irrigation pipe with some filter material to keep junk and bugs out.
Ran another one behind passenger's head for the gas tank vent.
View attachment 20681 View attachment 20682

Ghost....can you get that capped irrigation at Home Depot or somewhere similar? I purchased the tubing and splices, just need to figure out where I want to run them. Thanks,

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Ghost....can you get that capped irrigation at Home Depot or somewhere similar? I purchased the tubing and splices, just need to figure out where I want to run them. Thanks,
The only place I've seen the blue stuff is at my local irrigation store.
But 3/4 or 1 inch pvc with an end cap would work fine too.

FYI - if you're planning an irrigation project the Blu-Lock pipe and fittings are amazing. More durable and much easier to use than pvc or black poly.
Hydro-Rain :: Professional Irrigation Products :: Products

Reactions: CumminsPusher
T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
What kind of pipe is that? Can't find it at Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Love that sound, is that just from the snorkel

If the snorkel is facing me or the camera I get that sound. It really can't be heard if I'm in dry conditions and turn it forward. Also, it really can't be heard with the windshield in place.

But I agree, it's a cool sound.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"

Reactions: pct and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If the snorkel is facing me or the camera I get that sound. It really can't be heard if I'm in dry conditions and turn it forward. Also, it really can't be heard with the windshield in place.

But I agree, it's a cool sound.

SIGNATURE:

Quote by DrFubar: joeymt33, this could be your next signature: "I should be more understanding. I should know by now that a little hill to me probably is a big hill to you.;)"
I'm a sucker for intake growl too lol. Best I ever had was the air raid kit I had on my suburban. It was loud lol.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Under high revs we now get people that hear it shift and come ask questions that didn't happen before Joey snorkel.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Under high revs we now get people that hear it shift and come ask questions that didn't happen before Joey snorkel.
It's just a great sounding machine period lol. Love the stock exhaust note. I'll be in line at school to pick up my daughter and I'll rap on it sitting still. It echoes well off the brick lol.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's just a great sounding machine period lol. Love the stock exhaust note. I'll be in line at school to pick up my daughter and I'll rap on it sitting still. It echoes well off the brick lol.

We went through a tunnel a couple times and it's cool

Sent from iPhone

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!