P1000 Honda Pioneer 1000 Snorkel Kit options!

pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that sound the snorkel sucking air or do have a different exhaust

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Dropped by my dealer to talk about a snorkel and if they would put it one so it wouldn't void my warranty. He said pretty much anything we do to these machines won't void the warranty. The guy said $400 for them to build me one.

catwalking

catwalking

Mar 16, 2016
fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dropped by my dealer to talk about a snorkel and if they would put it one so it wouldn't void my warranty. He said pretty much anything we do to these machines won't void the warranty. The guy said $400 for them to build me one.
The dealerships is crazy expensive get the one I got off eBay you can put it on in an hour and take it off and go right back to stock to go to the dealership for a problem my dealership told me as long as the motor doesn't have water in it the warranty is good I paid 230 for mine my buddy just got one guy drop the price to 195

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
The dealerships is crazy expensive get the one I got off eBay you can put it on in an hour and take it off and go right back to stock to go to the dealership for a problem my dealership told me as long as the motor doesn't have water in it the warranty is good I paid 230 for mine my buddy just got one guy drop the price to 195
I've been looking at that one hard the last couple days. I wish I knew what kind of pipe it was and I would make one way cheaper. The price is 195 + 10 for shipping.

I've also thought about doing like Joey did and go straight through the hood

The guy I was talking with about snorkel options at the dealer even made mention of going through the hood as well.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas

Could you get me a picture or two of how it attaches to the air box?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that sound the snorkel sucking air or do have a different exhaust

I have stock exhaust. That sound is from the intake. My camera is close to it so it picks up the sound. I can't hear the sound from the driver seat with the windshield on.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
I have stock exhaust. That sound is from the intake. My camera is close to it so it picks up the sound. I can't hear the sound from the driver seat with the windshield on.
I know you've posted it several times I feel like, what did you use to make your snorkel?

I've got the air scoop in my cart on Amazon already

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know you've posted it several times I feel like, what did you use to make your snorkel?

I've got the air scoop in my cart on Amazon already

These are the other two items I purchased.

Dad5872cc4b16965dbf148d36c07ad59E9d2af1be227707d1680c5e2ca409eeb

Reactions: Tot
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 12818

This is the way my buddy did his.
I like it, but I'm sure it would be more expensive to replace the plastic his snorkel rises through than the hood. But, if you are looking as hassle free access to the area under the hood, this might be the way to go.

Also, can you post some pictures, or a link, of his LED Whip and Stereo Set Up?

advertisement
B

Bunk

Apr 1, 2016
San Mateo, Florida
I don't see a reason to replace that part. Just put some black duct tape over the hole if you had to remove it. Much less noticeable than the painted plastics.

His radio is a boss gauge style installed where the big obnoxious warning sticker is on the dash (he removed it). And some cheap 8" tower speakers he got for maybe $100. Its gets louder than you care to hear.

The whip is probably something off Amazon.

We both got Ranger 500 midsize crews 3 years ago and he sold his and got this. Now I'm itching to do the same so bad I'm lurking on yall's forum!!

But it's coming! Got my eyes set on the 1000-5 deluxe. Just got to sell my popo first...

Reactions: Tot
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I don't see a reason to replace that part. Just put some black duct tape over the hole if you had to remove it. Much less noticeable than the painted plastics.

His radio is a boss gauge style installed where the big obnoxious warning sticker is on the dash (he removed it). And some cheap 8" tower speakers he got for maybe $100. Its gets louder than you care to hear.

The whip is probably something off Amazon.

We both got Ranger 500 midsize crews 3 years ago and he sold his and got this. Now I'm itching to do the same so bad I'm lurking on yall's forum!!

But it's coming! Got my eyes set on the 1000-5 deluxe. Just got to sell my popo first...
Yeah, my other SXS is a 2008 Crew 700, with similar tower speakers and an SSV receiver, my whips are custom made. Soooo....I know what you are saying. the Crew is fun to run, but....Honda's Pioneer 1000-5D is Awesome. So far I have the only one in town, but I'm sure after everyone had a chance to see it in action last weekend, there will be a few more Polaris rangers MIA and a few more Pioneers around. lol

B

Bunk

Apr 1, 2016
San Mateo, Florida
I'm just tired of getting high centered on everything, especially loaded down with my family. Then when I go on a ride with friends and it's just me in it, I feel awkward...

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm just tired of getting high centered on everything, especially loaded down with my family. Then when I go on a ride with friends and it's just me in it, I feel awkward...

I had an MTX 12" speaker box in the back seat! Awkward......Naaaah Just turn up the stereo and run the trails full Throttle! lol

Reactions: Bunk
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Cut interforces.

Those interforce tires were high on my list. What are the size of those in the picture? I'm curious if they are true to advertised size.

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Those interforce tires were high on my list. What are the size of those in the picture? I'm curious if they are true to advertised size.
To me they look like they are the 27s on 12 inch wheels. I've herd the 30s run true or just a little over.

L

Lawton

May 28, 2016
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I liked it so much I went and bought one lol
Do you think it will work on the 3 seater? Filters are where?
I am building my unit now and really appreciate all the info you and others post!!

Reactions: Delton
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!