P500 Honda Pioneer 500 - 1400km's and 2 Years Later

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Hi All

Just wanted to share my 2 year 1400 km's video where I talk about my thoughts on the the Honda Pioneer 500 and longer term wear and tear.

Overall the machine has held up very well. I do use my machines hard but never abuse them, so the 1400km has been mainly on rough trails. I also got a stick in a CV boot during this outing :/ I will be making a 3D printed cover for the inside right front boot as its the only one that is exposed to front on damage. Who knew!

I do think the machine is excellent for my needs but would like a front locking differential and a bigger engine but also still 50" wide. What ever happened to that company that was going to make a front locker?

Any feedback is most welcome :)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Regards

Ovo

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Hello @CptOvo the locker is still in the works , hopefully it will be on the market within the next few month.

Glad to see you posting again , I've always enjoyed your videos!

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hi All

Just wanted to share my 2 year 1400 km's video where I talk about my thoughts on the the Honda Pioneer 500 and longer term wear and tear.

Overall the machine has held up very well. I do use my machines hard but never abuse them, so the 1400km has been mainly on rough trails. I also got a stick in a CV boot during this outing :/ I will be making a 3D printed cover for the inside right front boot as its the only one that is exposed to front on damage. Who knew!

I do think the machine is excellent for my needs but would like a front locking differential and a bigger engine but also still 50" wide. What ever happened to that company that was going to make a front locker?

Regards

Ovo

Will you be putting your 3D printed cover on Thingiverse?

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Will you be putting your 3D printed cover on Thingiverse?

Hi WcJack11

I post my 3D prints on pinshape.com (same as thingyverse) and it will be available for free as always :)

I also post all my 3D prints on the-emporium.ca

Regards

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Hello @CptOvo the locker is still in the works , hopefully it will be on the market within the next few month.

Glad to see you posting again , I've always enjoyed your videos!

Hi Chooglin

Ya - been a while since posting but I read the forums a lot :D - some great info (especially the locker thread).

I'm looking to buy one as this will be a game changer for the P500 - I looked at the company website and the technology looks simple but effective. Can't wait!

I should have a new P500 video in the next few weeks as I have that CV boot to change and the guard to design and print.

Best wishes

Ovo

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hi WcJack11

I post my 3D prints on pinshape.com (same as thingyverse) and it will be available for free as always :)

Regards

Thanks. Not familiar with that site but I ill be checking it out.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi All

Regards

Ovo
Enjoy your videos very much!

Reactions: PioneerPapaw
Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Do you use the same username on pinshape?

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Hi WcJack11

Regards
I didn't realize who you are. I subscribe to your YOUTUBE channel. Great info and videos. Thanks for all the info you provide. Love the tent/cot reviews.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!