P500 Honda Pioneer 500, 2017 Gear Improvements!

ontime

ontime

Aug 31, 2016
Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Fine machine, can't wait for rain.

20161002 181035

J

JTW

The small size is the big reason I wanted one. The full size SxS's are a little too clumsy to use around our place. The only thing is it would be nice to have the dump bed that the bigger machines have.
I know exactly what you mean..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Wow ! Great thought . My Honda Pioneer 500 with my 16 Grizzly 700 drive train . Ya know , that would be dangerous .
I like my p5 just the way it is although it is a tempting idea .
Well I tried , wanted to feel that horsepower in my 500 but he said NO WAY ! IMG 6079

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
They keep saying it should be anytime.. The salesman "assured" me it would be in before the end of the month.. I'm not holding my breath!

Dude...end of last month
or this month....
dealers screwing you...
HOPE HE KISSED YOU FIRST

ontime

ontime

Aug 31, 2016
Nevada
Ownership

1. 500
Fine machine, can't wait for rain.

View attachment 23448
For the 2016 Pioneer 500, under seat storage, that cost $115.00 or better, try this. Trip to Walmart, go to where the sterilite containers are located, look for size 6x9. Also grab a roll of Gorilla tape. Wrap the container with tape and install. The whole job about $12.00. And anything beats $115.00. As Roy said, HAPPY TRAILS TO YOU. :}

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
advertisement
C

Cliorider

Sep 14, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just put a down payment on a 2017 today. They say it will be in within 2-3weeks. I am more than happy to take any pics and give any reviews needed. I do plan on doing my own video review. This will be my first sxs so any advice or suggestions on my review would be appreciated!!
First you are going to enjoy your 500. Second, the fifty inch width is great for getting into some great areas. My only caution is to watch out for ORV trails designed for single seaters. Here in Michigan, I can "legally" go on ORV Trails but physically my 500 does not fit because of the roll cage. I have found myself in some no go places. Single seaters call them "technical trails". Thank god for the ORV routes and all the two tracks.....

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
First you are going to enjoy your 500. Second, the fifty inch width is great for getting into some great areas. My only caution is to watch out for ORV trails designed for single seaters. Here in Michigan, I can "legally" go on ORV Trails but physically my 500 does not fit because of the roll cage. I have found myself in some no go places. Single seaters call them "technical trails". Thank god for the ORV routes and all the two tracks.....

Welcome here Cliorider. I can assume that you're in the Clio area? Good to see a fellow Michigander. Bay City here.
Found myself on some no go trails in Gladwin. Like you said, width no problem but you beat the hell out of the cage.
Post us a pic!

Reactions: Montecresto
Munster 57

Munster 57

Apr 19, 2015
NORTH IDAHO PANHANDLE
The '15-'16 P500's probably have all the hardware required to make it shift automatically. They probably just had to create a shift program for the "auto mode".
Can the 15's and 16's be converted to have the auto mode switch? Without to much trouble.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
so whatever came of this? can the 17 and up turn big tires or what? I can assure you its not any faster
I would not go bigge then 28. I've seen them with 30's but u will go slower, with 28hp u need portals to get your power back.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!