BOX1

P1000 Honda side mirrors - A pillar interference

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
OK, here I am, stumped again. Trying to mount up my Honda brand side mirrors to the 1000.

There is no way I can find to mount them that they aren't inboard a couple inches of the A pillar, which means you can't adjust them, which means they provide a great view of the rear tires. I've looked at other threads, and the mirrors appear to be just outboard of the A pillars, but not mounted on my 2016.

I've tried rotating them out, but the brackets are fixed, so then they just end up at a weird angle.

I'm 99.9% certain I have them assembled right, they match the drawings. What the heck am I missing here, guys?

Thanks for any help! (I'd show a pic, but can't seem to get that to work. Says I need to log in, which I already am, then when I log in again, I get a page of gibberish. Not my day. I can e-mail a pic if anyone wants to see my problem.)

Reactions: BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Brackets are not fixed. I have them on my machine.
I don't think I have a decent picture of them on my phone though.

Reactions: Deluxe700 and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Capture

see that slot? where (7) is pointing at?
Loosen that bolt a bit. This is what allows it to rotate forward and see a bit more behind you vs the rear tire.

G

GGreen

May 18, 2018
Amherst, MA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Problem solved. The mirrors were spun around 180 on their brackets for shipping, and I simply mounted them that way. Took 'em off, spun 'em around, mounted on the opposite sides and voila! Fixed.

Turns out my Momma did raise at least one idiot - and it wasn't my brother. :-(

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem solved. The mirrors were spun around 180 on their brackets for shipping, and I simply mountedthem that way. took 'em off, spun 'em around, and mounted on the opposite sides and voila! Fixed.

Don't you hate when it is something so easily overlooked?
I forgot completely they shipped that way.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's that
.1 % that always gets me too over-analyze everything other than the simple s***

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for any help! (I'd show a pic, but can't seem to get that to work. Says I need to log in, which I already am, then when I log in again, I get a page of gibberish. Not my day. I can e-mail a pic if anyone wants to see my problem.)

Will you try to upload something now?
Thanks.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know if these mirrors will work on a P1000 with a Honda solid glass windshield? It looks like it may be to tight to get a bar clamp on. I need a side mirror solution for sure. Thanks for any input.

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know if these mirrors will work on a P1000 with a Honda solid glass windshield? It looks like it may be to tight to get a bar clamp on. I need a side mirror solution for sure. Thanks for any input.
I have Seizmik side mirrors. The bracket on the cage is much, much thinner than what I see on the Honda mirrors above. Might be worth lookin at.

Reactions: tincangob and BWAF
T

Teknys

May 13, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I too have the Seizmik all aluminum and they fit bar with the full glass Honda winshield installed. They work great>

Reactions: BWAF and tincangob
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have Seizmik side mirrors. The bracket on the cage is much, much thinner than what I see on the Honda mirrors above. Might be worth lookin at.
Thank you, Seizmik mirrors it is.

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem solved. The mirrors were spun around 180 on their brackets for shipping, and I simply mounted them that way. Took 'em off, spun 'em around, mounted on the opposite sides and voila! Fixed.

I resembled those remarks when I installed mine.
Only took a half hour to figure out I had to spin the mirror 180...;)

Reactions: Neohio and BWAF
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!