P1000 Honda soft top with back panel, soft mid panel, soft doors, 2pc windshield

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This weekend I installed the Honda 2pc windshield, Honda soft top with back window, Honda mid panel and Honda "old" upper front soft doors.

Windshield:
Fits good overall. Center support bracket seems suck a bow into the windshield relative to the upper section when mounted on the dash where the bracket seems to be molded to fit. I am going to look for a 1/4" thick plastic washer and longer center bolt.

Soft Top:
Originally, I decided to go with the soft top because my enclosed trailer is only 77.5" through the door and I only had 1" of clearance at the back of the ROPS. The Honda hard top adds 3" at the back which would prevent easily loading and unloading. I figured that the transporting in an enclosed trailer addressed the primary complaint of the soft top. The soft top puffs up like a tent when you install the fiberglass rods! My first attempt created a dome that was 7" higher than the center ROPS bar! I wacked off 1/2" from the rods and it dropped to 5", then I wacked off another 1/2" to get to 3". I think this will clear the door. The soft top ties into the windshield well with the included extruded rail that is held in place by the top 3 hinge screws. I would have preferred a couple more straps at the center of each of the 4 doors.

Mid Panel:
Fits good except for the arched 3" gap between the top of the middle ROPS bar and the soft top! Blocking cold air from the back area from entering the cab didn't go as planned. I am going to need to come up with something to fill the gap. I am thinking about having the local upholstery shop add a flap to the soft top that hangs down and attaches to the middle ROPS bar with Velcro.

Soft Front Door:
I was relatively happy except for the gap to the pillar until I figured out I have the "old" doors and there are "new" doors. Luckily my prior experience working in my dad's autobody shop came into play with the measure, mark, re-measure, drill 1 hole, re-check, drill more holes.

Next Stop - Winch with 2nd battery and Ice Crusher heater

20181209 215713

20181209 214831

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
This weekend I installed the Honda 2pc windshield, Honda soft top with back window, Honda mid panel and Honda "old" upper front soft doors.

Windshield:
Fits good overall. Center support bracket seems suck a bow into the windshield relative to the upper section when mounted on the dash where the bracket seems to be molded to fit. I am going to look for a 1/4" thick plastic washer and longer center bolt.

Soft Top:
Originally, I decided to go with the soft top because my enclosed trailer is only 77.5" through the door and I only had 1" of clearance at the back of the ROPS. The Honda hard top adds 3" at the back which would prevent easily loading and unloading. I figured that the transporting in an enclosed trailer addressed the primary complaint of the soft top. The soft top puffs up like a tent when you install the fiberglass rods! My first attempt created a dome that was 7" higher than the center ROPS bar! I wacked off 1/2" from the rods and it dropped to 5", then I wacked off another 1/2" to get to 3". I think this will clear the door. The soft top ties into the windshield well with the included extruded rail that is held in place by the top 3 hinge screws. I would have preferred a couple more straps at the center of each of the 4 doors.

Mid Panel:
Fits good except for the arched 3" gap between the top of the middle ROPS bar and the soft top! Blocking cold air from the back area from entering the cab didn't go as planned. I am going to need to come up with something to fill the gap. I am thinking about having the local upholstery shop add a flap to the soft top that hangs down and attaches to the middle ROPS bar with Velcro.

Soft Front Door:
I was relatively happy except for the gap to the pillar until I figured out I have the "old" doors and there are "new" doors. Luckily my prior experience working in my dad's autobody shop came into play with the measure, mark, re-measure, drill 1 hole, re-check, drill more holes.

Next Stop - Winch with 2nd battery and Ice Crusher heater

View attachment 97172

Welcome to the forum, Very cool, looks good.

Check out the planed ride in your general neck of the woods...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from little farther east, Idaho. Pretty nice rig you have there.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that the one piece roof/back panel?

Btw, welcome to the club.

Jensenj71

Jensenj71

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2018
Meridian, Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why did you install the soft rear panel and mid panel?

I added the mid panel to reduce the working area for the heater in the Winter and block some dust in the Summer.

My 1st choice was the full hard roof, however it makes the rig 2" taller than my cargo trailer door. I would have just done the mid panel and left the back covered, but open on sides.
I wanted some protection over the bed area, however the bimini top (soft top without back) is not compatible with windshield. I believe it attaches to front ROPS bar and possibly interferes with mounting windshield clamps? The soft top with back attaches to extruded channel on windshield.

I think if I did it again I would go with Plan B and do the 3P hard top (notched for rear ROPS), hard mid panel for 5p and "new" soft doors. Then I would go down to the local upholstery shop and have a 1pc marine grade cover made for the back half that enclosed the ROPS and snapped to the bed with zip panels over the rear doors and over the tailgate. This would make it taller in the middle, however I would have been able to get through the door because of the ramp. This combination costs more, but I think would be a better option for someone that uses the jump seats 25% of the time.

Reactions: Papaandhistoys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!