BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Let me do some digging on what the switch panel and horn entails. The P1K horn I belive had it's own button for placement near the steering wheel. The Talon may be different, I haven't had time to look at much of the accessories. Everyone we've sold so far has left with their stuff still in boxes or with none at all.

Again, I/we all appreciate your input on this forum and thank you for posting installation instructions as I used most of them. If I come across as frustrated, I am. But certainly not at you or anyone on this forum.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Again, I/we all appreciate your input on this forum and thank you for posting installation instructions as I used most of them. If I come across as frustrated, I am. But certainly not at you or anyone on this forum.

Sent you a PM.

I understand your frustration, I've never
once been offended by anything you've said. Trust me we've been just as frustrated about some of this stuff as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I set in one last week. Not nearly enough leg room for my 6'5"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Revised the mechanical winch mount after looking at the accessory bumper instructions. Moved the small curved pieces to the top hole. Also changed the fairlead hardware. The winch plate is now bolted in two positions. Makes more sense.

10DCC799 7D2E 4BC4 B794 436463F774A5 520ACB06 C432 407A 93FE 28AE4F9D6DC5

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
I also completed the electrical hookup. Used the pioneer instructions as a guide. The contractor sits under the cowl. I had to remove the roof and windshield. Easy actually. Then remove to cowl and you have access to the mounting location and the winch power wires taped w blue tape. The contractor is color coded. Next install the sub harness. ThE black plug plugs into the back of the accessory socket and the wire you remove plugs back into the sub harness. This powers the contractor. Next cut a hole in the glove box for the controller. I mounted it outside the glove box so I can close it. The controller plug also plugs into the sub harness. The sub harness then routs to the contractor with three wires. Color coded, can’t screw it up. The last plug is used for the optional switch plate. It is capped. The only thing left to do is connect the hot lead in the battery box. It’s in blue tape. I connected it to the starting solenoid. That’s how it is on the pioneer and the lug looks the right size. Last is to run the wires to the winch. I put the blue one on top. It should now work with the key on. Cable tie everything up and your done.

3E7E42D0 2365 4EB7 A74C 34852D4370C7 BABE5704 6B0C 47F4 B346 932C62F1A8F5 76A53A77 20E0 44C4 8271 F39137E55A9A

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
The wiper looks harder. I can’t find any pictures showing it installed! I guess I’ll have to wait for instructions.

H

HondaTech

Bulletin says Winch instructions will be here the 15th and Wiper will show up around 11th.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Honda tech, do you know the part number for the connectors that plug into the white connectors on the switch plate harness? I’m assuming you’re supposed to either cut and lug them or buy the connector to create pigtails to hook up to switches and loads.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda tech, do you know the part number for the connectors that plug into the white connectors on the switch plate harness? I’m assuming you’re supposed to either cut and lug them or buy the connector to create pigtails to hook up to switches and loads.
Snap some pics of the connectors.
I'm sure we can help identify them.

H

HondaTech

I haven't actually seen 1 of then yet, so I'm not sure which plugs your referring to. I'd assume it's the plugs like on the P1K that's made to plug into the switches included with the other accessories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neohio
R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
This is the actual connector I need. It comes on the wiper harness. This plugs into one of the 5 mating connectors for power and a separate connector attaches to the switch.

5F1AAEA1 0D8C 4A74 AC25 E4DE83CFB49D 30E9A1BC 7846 4135 A252 6BFCFA112745 C9794E8E B436 4B78 AD87 CAE2C4446EE5

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No @Neohio, thats not the same plug.
I'll take a look thru my stash tonight.
If it isn't what I linked, I probably have one without the locating pins on it. Which shouldn't matter.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I already have a handful ordered and expected to arrive Saturday.
@Reneb3,
I'll contact you and send you 1 or 2 to test.

Reactions: Neohio
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Sent you a PM.

I understand your frustration, I've never 9
once been offended by anything you've said. Trust me we've been just as frustrated about some of this stuff as well.
Looks like Honda posted instruction on accessory website. There is a another plug in front of steering wheel that is plugged into a dummy plug. I guess you are to use that adapter. Also shows carving out a space to left of steering column for rocker switch. Not going to do that as long as I have some space on my accessory switchplate. But if I need room I know where it can go. Thanks for your
This is the actual connector I need. It comes on the wiper harness. This plugs into one of the 5 mating connectors for power and a separate connector attaches to the switch.

View attachment 122151 View attachment 122152 View attachment 122153
HondaTech, if you get a part number please let me know... I will order some as well...

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
The wiper instructions are there. Now I have to take all the stuff I just put back together apart. Should be easy the second time! Thanks for your help.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
W
The wiper instructions are there. Now I have to take all the stuff I just put back together apart. Should be easy the second time! Thanks for your help.
Where is there? Don't see them... Thanks

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!