BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
I installed the mechanical part of the winch today and attached some pictures since there are no instructions. Remove the bumper with 6 12mm bolts and 4 hex screws. The top hex screws are flanged. I reused all the original mounting hardware. We will see if it’s installed correctly when we get the real instructions. For now it looks like the on line pictures. Tomorrow I will tackle the electrical. You don’t need any of the accessory bumpers. I did order the aluminum one but it won’t be available for a month so the stock will have to do for now. I added the roller and stopper. I did have to buy 4 m8 1.25 flange nuts. I’ll post the electrical tomorrow, unless life gets in the way.

View attachment 121819 View attachment 121820 View attachment 121821 View attachment 121822 View attachment 121823 View attachment 121824

So, am I reading and seeing this correctly, that you don't need the accessory bumper to have the winch installed? and is this the honda mount?

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Yes, this is a Honda winch and mounting plate. And it’s the stock bumper.

H

HondaTech

So, am I reading and seeing this correctly, that you don't need the accessory bumper to have the winch installed? and is this the honda mount?

We've tried this with a Warn Axon 5500 as well. They want the accessory bumper I'm assuming because they don't like the weight on the smaller bumper.

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
It
We've tried this with a Warn Axon 5500 as well. They want the accessory bumper I'm assuming because they don't like the weight on the smaller bumper.
It looks like all the force is transmitted to the frame by the two short curved brackets. The winch mount itself slides on the bumper frame. You also reuse the hardware so that’s not different either. The bottom of the winch mount does bolt to the bumper. Original hardware as well. But the pulling power is all in line with that top plane. I can’t imagine the aluminum bumper is stronger than the small steel one. I guess I’ll see when it comes in. I’m sure I will need the winch next weekend. We will see how it works then. I’ll let you know.

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well that explains it all! Why the Talon took so long to be released, Geeks trying to write install instructions for the Honda only mods! HA!
Winch Instructions - What is the deal there? How long does it take to make available? Mines sitting on my work bench. Guess I'll go it alone as it won't be the first winch I have installed.

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Winch Instructions - What is the deal there? How long does it take to make available? Mines sitting on my work bench. Guess I'll go it alone as it won't be the first winch I have installed.
I am a little irritated too. Got $700 tied up in winch and winch mount and no instructions? It's not that complicated. I know how the connections work and can figure out the mounting on bumper. Typically Honda wants components mounted in a specific location as to accommodate other accessories. For example, I would have never thought Honda would want you to notch out a rocker switch hole to left of steering wheel for horn. I would have thought the horn would mount to accessory panel kit. It was a bit of a pain to cut out but was nice to save space on switch panel. I was going to just connect horn to switch panel...glad I waited.

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
I am a little irritated too. Got $700 tied up in winch and winch mount and no instructions? It's not that complicated. I know how the connections work and can figure out the mounting on bumper. Typically Honda wants components mounted in a specific location as to accommodate other accessories. For example, I would have never thought Honda would want you to notch out a rocker switch hole to left of steering wheel for horn. I would have thought the horn would mount to accessory panel kit. It was a bit of a pain to cut out but was nice to save space on switch panel. I was going to just connect horn to switch panel...glad I waited.
My dealer text me instructions for the winch last night! Great dealership -= Fairfield Honda in Ohio, By the way the Honda instructions state to ONLY use with the accy bumper not factory bumper it appears.

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Here they are for those in need....

Attachments

• TALON_WINCH.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 342
H

HondaTech

My Internets been out for a few days.

Added Instructions for
Winch
40 Inch LightBar
Auxiliary Lights
Switch Plate
Fabric Upper Doors

J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
Looks like Honda posted instruction on accessory website. There is a another plug in front of steering wheel that is plugged into a dummy plug. I guess you are to use that adapter. Also shows carving out a space to left of steering column for rocker switch. Not going to do that as long as I have some space on my accessory switchplate. But if I need room I know where it can go. Thanks for your

HondaTech, if you get a part number please let me know... I will order some as well...
Just curious if anyone came across a part number or where to get the plug connector for the switch panel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just curious if anyone came across a part number or where to get the plug connector for the switch panel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Yes.
I have them available in the club store tonight.
But. I'll PM you right now about something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

H

HondaTech

My dealer text me instructions for the winch last night! Great dealership -= Fairfield Honda in Ohio, By the way the Honda instructions state to ONLY use with the accy bumper not factory bumper it appears.

Hey that's where I work, lol.

Thanks for your Business , surely appreciated!!!!

H

HondaTech

Yes.
I have them available in the club store tonight.
But. I'll PM you right now about something.

Having not seen one of these switch panels in person yet, I'm sort of confused as to what you guys are trying to do here.

Is the Talon switch panel not like the P1K and P700, with the fuse box/circuit board thing that has the plugs mounted on the board for the different accessories?

If you have the pigtail to wire your own switch to how do you plan on attaching your intended accessory to the board for the switch to activate?

Like I said I just dont see how this is goin to work. Also Honda will never have these pigtails available seeing has how they want everything to be plug and play.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Its different then then others. More universal and simplified his time.
There is no "fuse panel" for say. Only 1, 50a fuse/relay that powers all 5 slots.

H

HondaTech

Its different then then others. More universal and simplified his time.
There is no "fuse panel" for say. Only 1, 50a fuse/relay that powers all 5 slots.

That makes more sense, anybody got a picture I can look at?

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Talon 1000R trailing arm guards:

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Talon Lower Door Panels:

krman

krman

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
Picked up the under body skid plates from Honda - No directions available here either. ANyone know when they will be available?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!