Talon Honda Talon pricing Game 2.0

Honda Talon “X” and “R” price quesstimate (one vote for each, total of 2votes)

• X under 16,500

• X 16,500-17,500

• X 17,500-18,500

• X 18,500-19,500

• X 19,500-20,500

• X over 20,500

• R under 17,500

• R 17,500-18,500

• R 18,500-19,500

• R 19,500-20,500

• R 20,500-21,500

• R over 21,500

Results are only viewable after voting.
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They probably have some crazy formula to calculate price suspension travel times horsepower x width times passengers times 3.14 divided by top speed X the foreign exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
They probably have some crazy formula to calculate price suspension travel times horsepower x width times passengers times 3.14 divided by top speed X the foreign exchange rate.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Lol that was good.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If the MSRP of a P1k-3 limited is a hair over 20k I have a hard time believing the talon will come in anywhere under that. I did manage to get mine for $17k. But just as when the p1k was first released, you either want one or you dont. I dont forsee any bargaining in the first 12 months.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If the MSRP of a P1k-3 limited is a hair over 20k I have a hard time believing the talon will come in anywhere under that. I did manage to get mine for $17k. But just as when the p1k was first released, you either want one or you dont. I dont forsee any bargaining in the first 12 months.

I agree!

Reactions: BWAF
C

caddyman

I would agree. I find it very hard to believe either talon would be priced under the P1k3 LE. I roughly paid same price as you when I picked up my P1k3LE. Wouldn't surprise me MSRP will be over 20K. Either way I am gonna take a hit when I try to sale it or get killed on a trade. The talon sure does look nice. Cant wait to see real world reviews.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors and BWAF
Andrew

Andrew

Feb 23, 2016
Louisville ky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will be buying one. Don't know if it's going to be an X or a R. My P1k5 will now be a spare for friends to drive. These talons have the potential to have a lot of polaris fan boys convert. If they are not priced right tho they never will. So I'm hoping the X is no more than 18 k Msrp due to the fact that u can buy a rzr 1000 xp for 15k.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

I too stopped into the dealership and wasn't surprised by what I heard in that many customers in the area expressed interest following the announcement, and the dealership believes a number of folks will be wanting to trade but it will be a dealers market, i.e., people wanting something new which is in limited quantity (these units will trickle into dealerships), so you have to pay up to be first on the block to own it...

If they are limited at al like the P1K was at release than dealers will have a field day if the Talon is a hit. I don't believe my dealership will marking them up tbh, but I can see it happening.

H

HondaTech

Yep, im seeing 2018 RZR XP for about 15k as well as the X3 900 (90hp but good suspension) for 15k.

I think if the real world pricing for the X model is much over 15 its gonna struggle.

There's no way either of these will be under $18k. The reason your able to get a RZR for that cheap is market saturation. Polaris flooded the market with too many units and models, in a market that they were once the only game in town.

If Honda dropped either of these under S18k msrp than pretty much everyone else could just go home if it's Honda reliable. No one in their right mind would buy a RZR with a Talon under $18k.

I know its going to sound nuts, but we'll be lucky if both of these don't break $20k.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
N

Neilsjoshn

Aug 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer told me yesterday that it would be priced around a Polaris rzr 1000 xp. For what it’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I think if its priced at $18,000 Polaris will piss all their RZR 1000 owners and drop the price by $2,000.

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I talked to my local dealer when picking up some parts yesterday and they said probably over 20k. They are planning to get one in but figured they won’t sell well. Said people coming in to look at it will probably walk away with a Polaris.
Unfortunately here Polaris runs rampant, part is dealer pushing and part everyone has one I believe.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

I talked to my local dealer when picking up some parts yesterday and they said probably over 20k. They are planning to get one in but figured they won’t sell well. Said people coming in to look at it will probably walk away with a Polaris.
Unfortunately here Polaris runs rampant, part is dealer pushing and part everyone has one I believe.
This is depressing , please don't post information like this......lol.

If it's out of my price range , I will be looking at the Wolverine again , it's the only other sxs I have any interest in!

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

If it out of my price range , I will be looking at the Wolverine again , it's the only other sxs I have any interest in!
I'm pretty sure we will see MSRP at $21-$23k with a street price of $17.5-$19k after the shut up and take my money early adopters stop buying every unit as they come in on allocation. Which could be this time next year.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

If it out of my price range , I will be looking at the Wolverine again , it's the only other sxs I have any interest in!
I know where there is a nice one.

Large

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

If it's out of my price range , I will be looking at the Wolverine again , it's the only other sxs I have any interest in!
Ya I wasn’t happy hearing it either. They are a multi dealer so they only push what they make the most on.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2

agree also 20+ not going to sell any here. Honda hasent typically cared about being a decent value, though I'm sure if they did they would sell a ton. you have mine and a guy down the road from me bought a pioneer 500 for hunting too, people here are not going to buy an expensive toy but if its decent enough price like the pioneer people will

wolverine is a good machine for decent money. wont be anyone buying a talon around here I'm sure either. none of the high priced utvs sell around here for the same reason I wont be. not paying a second mortgage for a toy like that. they have trouble selling the wolverines and stuff like that sells for 12 you see those there forever too. can am atvs, a lot of people end up with those for 10. out of a club of 100+, utvs, one rhino, one ranger, one can am. most of the rest are can am and popo quads, because you can buy a few for your family and still be money a head

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
20k USD to 26k CDN,that about right ,guess i have to go with plan "B" and buy a P5 and hopefully a 50" or 60" is in the works,the ones that are in my price range..
AIways wanted a P5 and always had Hondas this way it will give me some seat time on the P5 and see what it all about ...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I sure hope the majority polling numbers on the x are correct

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!